Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #61
phjnky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Bill Detail Tmobile DATA SERVICE ROAMING CHARGES:

Here's some information from a recent trip. I don't think the international usage is showing up on the current usage, online. The pull down menu on the current usage doesn't include the fields associated with these charges. This was the "tmobile total internet" plan, so it's not the unlimited blackberry plan with the international add on. At any rate, I don't think there's a way to check current additional service charges online.

It may only display the fields which are applicable... so it's possible that no grps roaming charges are currently being incurred with bb unlimited int add on. I'll know at the end of the month. ..

If I'm missing the area where it displays this please let me know. Peru and Orange have replaced the actual Country/Carrier.

Peru (Orange)
Call Type: (A) Call Waiting (B) Call Forward (C) Conference
(K) WPS Call (U) Other (V) '5' Call
Peru (Orange)
8/10/06 GPRS Roaming 0.0391 0.59
8/13/06 GPRS Roaming 0.3711 5.57
Sub Total 0.4102 6.16
TOTAL 0.4102 6.16

Last edited by phjnky; 10-19-2006 at 07:18 AM..
Old 10-20-2006, 02:50 AM   #62
hoedepot
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: rogers

i have t-mo now for 4 months i live in vancouver bc canada
have the BB Internation eMail add-on ($19.99 USD/month) have not been charged anything for the data (web)
so far so good....
Much better then Robbers

Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 AM   #63
padders

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-mobile

hoedepot, do you use the BIS or BES version?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #64
DuckWingDuck
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: TMO

International blackberry roaming includes all data.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #65
padders

Quote:
Have you got any evidence to support that claim?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #66
Dirky
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck
You should really specify which carrier you are with and in which country?
In the UK as far as I am aware there is no such things as International roaming for data on T-Mobile.

Please lets not assume everybody is in the US

thanks
Mike
Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #67
padders

The only network that may even have unlimited data is the US, and even then their reps have consistantly told me it does not include data, only blackberry email, and their website mentions unlimited international email - not data.

I have only heard of one person, however, who has actually been charged for international data. However, who knows if lots more people have been but just don't post on forums.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #68
snirody

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Intl charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper340
Major conflicting information here from TMO. I travel regularly to the UK and purchased the Pearl and the requesit plans to allow me to roam unincumbered. Upon arriving to the UK for the first time with my BB I call customer service to add the BB Internation eMail ($19.99 USD/month) and was told that internet is NOT included. I have checked my statement online and it appears that I am being billed for any internet and/or messages.

I'll have to call when my paper statement shows up and address the conflicting information that is posted and told to us by TMO. Hopefully they can find a fix for this and allow international data use under the plan.
Was in Europe end-Sept/beginning-Oct. Set up the Intl e-mail before leaving and recd a T-Mobile e-mail specifically stating that it did NOT include data, which would be charged for. Have been through one billing cycle since getting back with NO charge for data.
SNi
P.S. BIS, travelled in France & Switzerland, used Orange & SFR networks..
Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #69
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Running on BIS, I had used the TMO international BB service in February 2006 in the Far East and was only charged the monthly fee. My mistake was neglecting to cancel the service after I came back so the meter kept on running for another 2 weeks and got charged pro-rata. Anyway, while out East, I racked up about 8MB of data usage between email, PIN and web browsing. No extra charges were imposed. Prior to signing up for the service, I asked about roaming charges and the reply was that there are roaming partners in the countries I was visiting and so long as the partners are carrying the data, no extra charges will apply.

In March 2006, one of the execs in my company went to France, England and Italy . . . signed up for the same service. . . made sure that roaming partners carried data, no extra charges imposed.

The only thing that got to me was that some idiot kept on calling my number and I got hit with $2.99/min charge (called 3 times back to back). The call wasn't even for me, they're calling a wrong number. . . . so my advice, forward all calls to your home or office voicemail number so calls don't get delivered to your device and have caller email you their message.

Last edited by crisambo; 10-27-2006 at 12:46 PM..
Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #70
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotterdoug
Hi--

...... Anyway, I'm thinking of switching to BB for this reason only since it is so expensive with my Treo. I may try the new Pearl. My only concern is that on the BB my personal email will get mixed up with my company e-mail. On the Treo, they are very separate. Is there any work around for this? Thanks.

Doug
With my TMO BIS, I have 6 different email accounts (and I think you can setup upto 10 POP3 accounts). . . each email account has a folder for organization.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:09 PM   #71
pauly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve

Played with my new Pearl for one day in Vancouver and Calgary this month to the tune of $120 of data roaming. What a dumba%$!! I didn't even consider data roaming since I never realy used my 7730's browser (slow).

Are most people still getting their data included in the $19.99 plan?

If you do turn it on/off when you travel int'l how much lead time do you give for the plan to be changed?

Can you change it more than once in a billng cycle?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #72
padders

My blackberry (with the $19.99 international option) arrives this week and I will be testing it in Vancouver so will report back with any data usage charges.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #73
Katrina Niolet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Here's the deal:
Yes, for the moment the $19.99 feature does not charge for browsing
however....
this will likely be "fixed" soon (especially if its being abused by using non blackberry devices or using a device as a modem... international data roaming is very expensive for carriers.)
so...
expect that if you use data roaming this way that you are being charged $15/mb because you may be since this is the way its SUPPOSED to work
if you get back and didnt get charged for the data, lucky you.
if you get back and did get charged for it, you are responsible for it because the feature officially does not support browsing and you can blame the people that abused it.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #74
PhoneHand

Model: 9500
Carrier: tmobile

it surely cost to use internet!

I payed a nice $600 over seas!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #75
PhoneHand

Model: 9500
Carrier: tmobile

FYI: Mine is getting credited since I made the rep note the account that all data was included. That was my understanding so legaly they have to stand by it.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:32 PM   #76
nsbalt

Model: 8700C

Well, just got off the phone with Tmobile International Support. I will be traveling to the Netherlands next week and wanted to call to verify charges. As everyone else has experienced different answers from TMO, I received the $.99 per minute for voice charge, and $15 per 1MB for Email and Internet.

Sucks that we have a world capable phone, but will cost major $$$$ to use most of it's feature outside of the US.

I've been burned before by a wireless phone company (AT&T) on charges, and do not feel like playing russian roulette with charges this time.

Looks like I will try to get an international loaner from work.
<damn it!!!>

Last edited by nsbalt; 11-11-2006 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #77
YMark

Model: 8900

I just got off the phone with TMO customer support and they added International Roaming + the International Data for $19.99. They said I can cancel it in one week when I get back and they will pro-rate it for about $5.

They said this includes ALL data, web browsing, and email. Phone calls are $1.49 / minute.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #78
nsbalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark
I just got off the phone with TMO customer support and they added International Roaming + the International Data for $19.99. They said I can cancel it in one week when I get back and they will pro-rate it for about $5.

They said this includes ALL data, web browsing, and email. Phone calls are $1.49 / minute.
Did you dial 611 or another number for support? If other number - - please post. Did you specifically ask to add Intl roaming and Intl data? Do you know how this is different than what they have listed as World Class International Service. When I called, they said I already have international roaming - -which is listed under my plan (All I see is World Class Intl Service - added it a while ago from tmo website as an added service-listed as free).

Why are there a 100 different answers from tmo reps for the same question!!

Serenity NOW!!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #79
YMark

Model: 8900

I dialed 1-877-276-9940. I also called about this a week or so ago and received the same answer as today. I called a week ago after reading this thread and wondered why all the different answers.

I received the same answer from 2 different people, so I signed up for the International roaming with data plan. Both of them said all email and web browsing was included. I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in Mazatlan.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #80
nsbalt

Thanks YMark. I am on hold now - again .... we'll see what they say. I specifically asked for Intl roam and Intl data plan. They said I already had the roaming, and I was put on hold for the rep to check about the data plan..
Closed Thread