Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
loki61
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone (spain)
Default Motorola S9 Active Bluetooth Headphones

Please Login to Remove!

i'm looking for stereo bluetooth headset (mostly to listen to music).

any comments on the Motorola S9 Active Bluetooth Headphones?

they say:
"# Compatible With: # BlackBerry: 8300 Curve, 8310 Curve, 8320 Curve, 8820 "

is there any reason they wouldn't work with a 8100 pearl?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I have them and like them. I use them mostly at the gym. Some folks don't like their fit and others have had issues with them cutting out at odd time.

There are threads about them either here or Crackberry in the Bluetooth subforums.

Someone posted that they are now available for about $50 from tmobile, if I recall.

I use them with my 8830. I gather you need the latest OS that supports some protocol for Stereo music whose terminology escapes me.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
wa7son
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Ma Bell

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Pearl)

AD2P.

They work good with the 8100, provided you are using 4.5 OS.

They are great for listening to stereo, BUT not very good as a microphone for phone use. I have had folks tell me my audio is cutting in and out.

I think it may be the 8100 itself, with all the background use of memory, ie, AD2P, Bluetooth, the call itself, causing it to operate not as well as maybe on the higher end Blackberries.

The S9 headphones are pretty nice though, I use mine frequently.

Bob/WA7SON
Old 08-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Jopolo

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

I've gone through multiple pair of the S9, killing them with a little too much sweat. Motorola has been really good about replacing them but if you're a heavy sweater, don't bother. Right now I have the Jaybird-200's and they're pretty good. Some criticism about the sound quality and fit but they don't die from moisture.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
arej00dazed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I have them for my 8130, works great! the "buds" are a lil big for my ear, so after awhile then tend to be uncomfortable. check ebay, theres a shop on there that sells them shipped for $45. otherwise, they retail $100-150. I have noticed that if i have my phone in the holster, it does tend to cut out, but I usually leave my phone on my desk.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
lindabrumt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Motorola BT520

I cannot get my BT820 pick up audio from my 8100. I am using the new 4.5 that was just released and it was supposed to remedy the problem. What do I need to do.?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
SocialScope
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

They don't fit at all.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki61 View Post
i'm looking for stereo bluetooth headset (mostly to listen to music).

any comments on the Motorola S9 Active Bluetooth Headphones?

they say:
"# Compatible With: # BlackBerry: 8300 Curve, 8310 Curve, 8320 Curve, 8820 "

is there any reason they wouldn't work with a 8100 pearl?
Check out the new Motorola (S9 HD) they are improved for sound and the buttons are now along side the band by your ears looks like the buttons may be sealed now too so maybe it will offer better sweat/water protection. Just skimmed the reviews on it a little. I may return my older S9 I'm getting for Christmas for the newer S9 HD which also come in solid black.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
webmasterpdx

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon
Default Motorola SoundPilot S705

I hesitantly bought this bluetooth stereo headset as it's reviews said it wasn't the best, and I was blown away. The quality of the audio was as good as plugging a headset directly in. It comes with earbuds, but you can plug in your own headset instead, so I use a nice high quality comfortable set of headphones. The bluetooth receiver is about 1.5"x1"x.3" so it's small enough and can be clipped to your shirt collar or hung around your neck. It has a mic and will work as a phone call transceiver also (the music gets paused while you take the call). Also activates voice dialing like any standard headset. It even has a small LCD display with volume control, source selection (you can access multiple audio sources such as your computer and your PC, though I haven't tried this yet). Finally, and get this, it actually has a built-in FM receiver, in case you get bored!!!!

I got mine for under $20!!!! and I can walk around a room with the unit working quite well within the range of the room. It claims a range of something like 200 feet.....which is quite long for a bluetooth transceiver.

With the price, features and audio quality using your own headphones, I can't think of a feature that I need in this product. Note that I use a cheap earpiece for driving, and for MP3 and video/movie watching, I use this stereo headset. I was using it with a blackberry storm.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

The problem I am having is that when I answer the phone, my device volume moves from 100% to 0%

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmasterpdx View Post
I hesitantly bought this bluetooth stereo headset as it's reviews said it wasn't the best, and I was blown away. The quality of the audio was as good as plugging a headset directly in. It comes with earbuds, but you can plug in your own headset instead, so I use a nice high quality comfortable set of headphones. The bluetooth receiver is about 1.5"x1"x.3" so it's small enough and can be clipped to your shirt collar or hung around your neck. It has a mic and will work as a phone call transceiver also (the music gets paused while you take the call). Also activates voice dialing like any standard headset. It even has a small LCD display with volume control, source selection (you can access multiple audio sources such as your computer and your PC, though I haven't tried this yet). Finally, and get this, it actually has a built-in FM receiver, in case you get bored!!!!

I got mine for under $20!!!! and I can walk around a room with the unit working quite well within the range of the room. It claims a range of something like 200 feet.....which is quite long for a bluetooth transceiver.

With the price, features and audio quality using your own headphones, I can't think of a feature that I need in this product. Note that I use a cheap earpiece for driving, and for MP3 and video/movie watching, I use this stereo headset. I was using it with a blackberry storm.
Sounds like a winner! Where did you get yours from?

Thanks!

Last edited by user242; 01-11-2009 at 12:26 AM..
Old 01-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Any ideas?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...l-headset.html

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread