BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
justkitteh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Default Berry411 missing major data.

Please Login to Remove!

I had been fiddling about with it for a while but never really used it. Yesterday I was going to use it for movie times, and got owned hard. Berry411 evidently doesn't list AMC theaters, and living in the SF bay area that's probably the most prevalent franchize.

I still love it, it lists theaters that i can't find anywhere else without alot of hastle, but missing AMC theaters is a big deal. Mainly the Metreon, the AMC Bay Street, and AMC Van Ness... all 3 are HUGE...

Not sure what search engine wouldn't show them... maybe i'm just doing something wrong.

I'm searching with no criteria in san francisco for theaters.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Default Not a Berry411 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkitteh
I had been fiddling about with it for a while but never really used it. Yesterday I was going to use it for movie times, and got owned hard. Berry411 evidently doesn't list AMC theaters, and living in the SF bay area that's probably the most prevalent franchize.

I still love it, it lists theaters that i can't find anywhere else without alot of hastle, but missing AMC theaters is a big deal. Mainly the Metreon, the AMC Bay Street, and AMC Van Ness... all 3 are HUGE...

Not sure what search engine wouldn't show them... maybe i'm just doing something wrong.

I'm searching with no criteria in san francisco for theaters.
Berry411 isn't the problem. It's just a very convenient portal that puts a lot of different sources of information at your finger tips. Whatever movie listing service/system Berry411 uses is the culprit.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
justkitteh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Berry411 isn't the problem. It's just a very convenient portal that puts a lot of different sources of information at your finger tips. Whatever movie listing service/system Berry411 uses is the culprit.
That's actually what I figured. But what online list contains tiny one showing a day theaters that aren't listed anywhere else, but doesnt have one of the largest theater chains in the US?

edit: Some day I'll get around to looking through the plug ins, or maybe make one for SF gate.

Last edited by justkitteh; 11-29-2006 at 08:09 PM..
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkitteh
That's actually what I figured. But what online list contains tiny one showing a day theaters that aren't listed anywhere else, but doesnt have one of the largest theater chains in the US?

edit: Some day I'll get around to looking through the plug ins, or maybe make one for SF gate.
Y! Movies (us.wap.yahoo.com/p/movies)

It works best if you have a Yahoo ID and set up your favorite theatres on the full web site.

There's also Fandango (mobile.fandango.com) where you can purchase tickets, but that site won't list all theatres either.

Closed Thread