BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 04:24 AM   #1
thanz

Default Confirmed: Image Attachments work for Verizon 7750 w/OS 4.0

Please Login to Remove!

This was implied in several other posts, but thought I would offer independent verification.

I emailed an image to my vzw account and saved the attachment. The image then showed up in the Pictures application, where I was able to select it as a home screen image and a standby screen.

Note: Saving the application will compress the image down to the minimum resolution necessary to display the entire image on the screen. For example, a 640x480 medium 45kb medium quality jpg was nicely downsized to 7kb. Thanks vzwbberry!

A nice way to liven up an otherwise drab bberry (at least until we find a way to enable a browser without bes).

Cheers,
thanz
Old 02-23-2005, 05:28 AM   #2
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Some people got the browser enabled on Verizon 7750, but not everyone. Try these steps:

1. Install BlackBerryOS 4:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1995
(Warning: This may slow a 7750 down somewhat, unless you free up a fair bit of memory)

2. Go to your BWC website, select "Profiles" and select "Send Internet Browsing Service Book"

Do so at your own risk...
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
thanz

i was able to get the browser to work by going to the Host Routing Table (aka HRT Editor) and choosing Register Now.

I discovered this method in a post about enabling the browser on another carrier. I wasn't actually planning to try it just yet. I was "just looking" at the Register Now option when my thumb slipped accidently (it was about 2am). After about 3-4 terror-inducing minutes of hourglass watching, I was able to escape to the main screen and lo, there was the browser.

Observations on v4.0 vs v3.x for VZW 7750

My girlfriend and I got bberrys at the same time, so its been fun to try to update everything under the sun on mine while leaving hers stock. A couple of observations so far:

1. OS4 will slow the 7750 down. I have brand new bberry with only default apps and very little data. My GF & I performed a set of tasks simultaneously (actually, I was teaching her how to use it) and the OS4 bberry always lagged behind.
2. Backlight is different. I compared the two devices before and after doing the upgrade on one. The battery life under OS4 had better be improved because the lighting and contrast is far worse (even if you turn it up). I wish I had taken some pics of before and after.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
turp7622
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
get the browser to work by going to the Host Routing Table (aka HRT Editor) and choosing Register Now.
This is the fastest method to start the browser on the 7750 from Verizon once you have upgraded to 4.0.
Closed Thread