Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
hztm

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Have I been sold faulty phones

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, purchased 2 9300's on O2 for my children from Carphone Warehouse and both have the same problem.

(1) Cannot connect to Appstore using the phone - works fine when connecting the phone to a computer and connecting to appstore via the internet.

(2) Facebook intermittently displays error saying 'security settings invalid - please contact your service provider' Advised by the shop to upgrade to the latest version of Facebook. Did this using computer connection and now facebook displays the error message all the time - facebook now unusable.

(3) An error message comes up every few days - unfortunately I have not noted the error number but the screen full of symbols and phone locked. Have to remove battery.

Over the past three months we have been back to the store 4 times (2 times within 28 days of purchase). The store simply say it is a problm with O2 but O2 say everthing is ok and it must be a faulty phone. Have just been to another branch of the store where they told me this is a known problem and the phones are faulty. Have also been told by an O2 store that the phones are faulty.

Do you think the phones are faulty - if so I have been supplied faulty goods and will be asking for my money back. If there is something else wrong then I would really appreciate any advice. I believe the phones are running the latest OS software. Many thanks.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Have I been sold faulty phones

Do you have active BlackBerry Data Plans for the devices from the service provider?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
hztm

Hi, yes I have the blackberry data plans. Bbm and Internet work ok.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

My personal opinion is return them to "Carphone Warehouse", ask for your money back. Then go and buy new phones from O2.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
hztm

Spoke to the manager of the carphone warehouse store who was very rude and blamed everybody but his own company for the problems. Apparrently the problem will be with O2 or me (the customer) for not understanding the complexities of phone software or not keeping it up to date or not configuring it properly !!!

Rang head office and they could not of been more helpful. Agreed that the phones were supplied faulty, rang the unhelpful manager, and told us that they have arranged for the store to give us a full refund. We will call by the store tomorrow to see if we get the refund.
Closed Thread