Old 07-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default Attached: Browser Icon for Wifi Hotspot Login in Link

Please Login to Remove!

I am reaching out to this community as I am not a true developer but I pulled some code together to do one very simple thing, place an icon on my BB ribbon bar to allow me to launch a WiFi browser (non-default) to login to public WiFi hotspots. I tried downloading the 4.2.1 jde so it would be compatible with all 4.2.1 and above devices to compile this myself and was toying with the idea of getting a code signing key because I learned that it is required for the browser api and probably the service book api but I have no idea what I am doing when I try to build and compile this thing anyway so I thought I would post the code here and see if one of you friendly and much more knowledgeable developers would be kind enough generate the jar/jad or alx/cod for this little app I am trying to create. Please feel free to add your finishing touches to this code but they key is that it is looking to open the WiFi browser which may be the non-default browser and go to the web site that RIM has hardcoded as their "WiFi Hotspot Login" site which I am well aware of just sends the WiFi browser to any public site to force the public hotspot to display the login page.

Credit goes to this community to help me find the code to modify for this snippet of code attached which was found on blackberrys site at the following location

EDIT: I figured out how to compile the thing and it worked great in the similutar. I am waiting for my key to sign the app and I will distribute freely on the forums for other to test and use and provide feedback if it works or not.

EDIT: I have completed the app and got my key to sign it. You can see my post and download the app if you are interested at the following link:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...ml#post1009013

Enjoy!!

Last edited by 7100simpleisbetter; 07-10-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Closed Thread