philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Driving directions to an address

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuberry
I'm probably just missing something, but I cannot figure out how to get driving directions. I know the complete address, but I can't figure out how to enter it in Berry 411 and receive driving directions.

Also, even after finding an address and map using the white pages, I can't figure out how to go from there to driving directions.

Unfortunately, I can't get yellow pages to work at all. I always get "no results found." Everything else seems to work fine, though.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks
There was a bug in which the state name (e.g. WA) had to be all in all caps. This is now fixed.

You are correct, white pages have maps but not driving directions. Yellow pages have driving directions as well. If there's sufficient demand I'll add driving directions to white pages.

For yellow page searches, please make sure you've defined a city and state. What city and state are you searching for?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:40 AM   #22
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Need more info on Canadian search issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbogle
I will look into the Canadian white pages issue, thanks for the note. (I believe that the problem is unrelated to the 2.2 upgrade, but rather is a change in the web backend.)
I note that a number of canadian searches do work correctly, so I'll need more information about what searches don't work.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:36 AM   #23
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Just downloaded 2.21. Works for me.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:59 AM   #24
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Havent had a single issue on my Nextel 7520 worked like a charm from the second I installed it
Old 06-03-2005, 05:59 AM   #25
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

in the US and all works fine. Weather, movies, yellowpages, and whitepages.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #26
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
There was a bug in which the state name (e.g. WA) had to be all in all caps. This is now fixed.

You are correct, white pages have maps but not driving directions. Yellow pages have driving directions as well. If there's sufficient demand I'll add driving directions to white pages.

For yellow page searches, please make sure you've defined a city and state. What city and state are you searching for?
Thanks for the reply and for clarifying. I thought there was a way to get driving directions just by entering an address. Sorry for the confusion.

I changed the way I entered my addresses. I now have the actual city name in the "City" filed and the two-letter (both upper-case) state abbreviation in the "State/Province" field.

Yellow pages and driving directions work fine.

White pages always works when I just enter the last name and sometimes works when I enter the first initial and last name (a smith). But sometimes with a first initial and last name I get a python error.

Both work and home addresses are in St Louis, MO, and that's exactly how I entered them in the appropriate fields.

Once again, many thanks for your help and for a neat application.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #27
kuzikan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 24273E13

i downloaded the new version and have a problem when clicking for the 2 3 4 5... pages, i draw up blanks for anything other than the first page of a search. any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #28
Brenteus Maximus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility

well i'm happy to announce i gave berry 411 another shot using ON instead of ONTARIO for the province and not only did i get white pages going but when i closed the program and restarted it and went into edit addresses, the addy's weren't in the wrong spots like they used to be.

still no luck with the movie times though. and i think the celcius weather for canadian users would be cool, but otherwise i'm glad to have all the functionality i had before.

PIN: 30076BB7
Old 06-07-2005, 01:52 AM   #29
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Fix for multipage bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzikan
i downloaded the new version and have a problem when clicking for the 2 3 4 5... pages, i draw up blanks for anything other than the first page of a search. any suggestions?
Thanks for the note, fixed that.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #30
s325607

Model: 7100G
Default berry411 breaks bluetooth?

I downloaded version 2.2 to my 7100g(Cingular) OTA.

Upon reboot(it requested, I complied) I seem to be missing my bluetooth icon and my Motorola HS-something-or-other no longer works. I've tried re-pairing it but it comes up as generic "audio device"(previously was recognized as the proper motorola model, etc.) and does not pair successfully. At first I thought it was just the missing icon until I tried to use the headset and it did not pair properly.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, how did they correct it?

Thanks,
Chuck Nicholson
Old 06-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #31
kuzikan

Model: 8310
PIN: 24273E13

Quote:
Thanks for the note, fixed that.

thanks for fixing it so fast. it works great now.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #32
test
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

works great, but where is the "clear search history"
Old 06-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #33
birdman

Model: 7290
Carrier: Rogers

Work great in Canada so far, but no movie info.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #34
Dawg
No longer Registered.

yeah I cant believe there isnt a clear search feature this really bites (this is not directed at the developer in any way. I am sure it wasnt intentional. Thanks for a great product)

Last edited by Dawg; 06-14-2005 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: to explain my comment
Old 06-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #35
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Clear Search Feature

I don't mind the style in which users complain about missing features, as long as they've tangibly shown their appreciation through a donation to one of the recommended charities.

The next version of Berry 411 will have a Clear History feature. If you like to live on the bleeding edge, you can install it over the air from http://www.thebogles.com/beta/berry411.jad.

Last edited by philbogle; 06-13-2005 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #36
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
yeah I cant believe there isnt a clear search feature this really bites

Yeah I mean fancy a guy who puts in hours and hours releasing incredibly helpfull software not including a minor feature. I mean after he came to your house and forced you download it at gunpoint - its really not on.

Putz

Phil dont listen to this idiot. 411 is one of the best pieces of software available to the BB. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #37
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Well lets see hear I have on two seperate occasions showed my appreciation to the product if you would read above. I have installed it on all of my peoples phones. I have even donated to his charity because I enjoyed the product and my comment wasnt even directed at him or the product. I hadnt even noticed that the search wasnt clearable till the above people stated so. So dont judge me pal.

Thanks for the kind words calling me an idiot and a putz. I wont use what I am calling you right now so I dont get banned. Ill just consider the source and move on.

And Just for the record (so Mr Negative Can see it) Phil this is a great product, I have enjoyed it very much I commend you on offering it free of charge as well as supporting great charities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratag
Yeah I mean fancy a guy who puts in hours and hours releasing incredibly helpfull software not including a minor feature. I mean after he came to your house and forced you download it at gunpoint - its really not on.

Putz

Phil dont listen to this idiot. 411 is one of the best pieces of software available to the BB. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #38
test
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg

I uninstalled the old version prior to downloading the new one.. Man this program finally has a grade a stamp of approval because it finally works for me.. Great program now that my problems ahve been solved.

Havent had a single issue on my Nextel 7520 worked like a charm from the second I installed it
sounds like a real unappreciative putz....C'MON if i was writing sw i would def. want someone to give some useful criticism to make the product better...if he was just bashing it i could see...no one likes a "yes man"
Old 06-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #39
bossj52
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by test
sounds like a real unappreciative putz....C'MON if i was writing sw i would def. want someone to give some useful criticism to make the product better...if he was just bashing it i could see...no one likes a "yes man"

The point is that it is easier to attract flies with honey than vinegar. This app absolutely rocks.... now if it could only triangulate your position based off of your distance from 2 or 3 towers then fed that data back into the driving direction results for real time map locations, that would be the best. That and if it would serve lattes.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #40
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratag
Phil dont listen to this idiot.
Please, no name-calling on BlackBerryForums. Thanks.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Closed Thread