Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
lusajo

Model: 9350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TIGO-TZ
Default Storm 9530 Wont Connect To Internet

Please Login to Remove!

I HAVE A BB STORM 9530 IT WAS FROM USA WITH VERIZON,IT WAS UNLOCKED AND I HAVE PROVE MYSELF AS TO WHAT PROCEDURES I HAVE SAW ON BBFAQ.THAT IF I TYPE MEPD AND THE NEW SCREEN ON NETWORK SAID IT IS INACTIVE THEN MY DEVICE IS UNLOCKED..the network ting is Inactive so im sure my device is unlocked.
YESTERDAY I BOUGHT a MONTHLY DATA PLAN FOR BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVICE FROM MY PROVIDER (TIGO-TZ in TANZANIA) THEY SENT ME sms TEXT THAT I AM CONNECTED, THAT I SHOULD GO TO MENU-OPTIONS-ADVANCED OPTIONS-HOST ROUTING TABLE-MENU-REGISTER NOW..I DID IT AND SWITCH OFF THE DEVICE BUT AFTER TURNING IT ON<IT WONT CONNECT ME TO ITERNET..THE BROWSER REPLIES "CURRENTLY YOUR DEVICE HAS GOT NO SERVICE BOOKS, CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER TO ENABLE YOUR BROWSER"..SO I contacted them but they told me that verizon BB are pin locked so i cant unlock it,but i dont trust it I want to be helped so that i can enjoy my BLACKBERRY as without internet there is no enjoyment.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Storm 9530 Wont Connect To Internet

Welcome to the BlackBerry Forums. When posting, please do not use ALL CAPS. It is considered shouting and can be difficult to read.

Since your service provider does not carry that model BlackBerry, you likely would need to manually load the Service Books from your service provider either from a previous BlackBerry that you might have had or from a third party. If you did not have a previous BlackBerry, then you might need to get rid of that device and get one that is supported by your service provider.

Note that the statement that "verizon BB are pin locked" is incorrect.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
lusajo

Model: 9350
Carrier: TIGO-TZ

Thanks Motorcycle mama,does it mean i can load them via website by using a pc and then enter them into my Blackberry?is it possible?my service provider claim that the storm 9530 isn't a problem to them but what a problem is,that it comes from verizon, they say they have never succeeded with a verizon blackberry because the devices are locked but i have follow up the procedure to know if my device is either locked or unlocked and i have found it unlocked,i dont know why it is not allowing me to browse,and already i have a data plan for month but am not using because the device isn't allowing me to browse.just tell me wahat to do
Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Read this thread for information about how to get a device that was not intended for your network (ie from Verizon) on a GSM provider and get the data features working.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-t-mobile.html

Note that this thread is for AT&T and TMobile in the US. And links are provided for the Service Books for those providers. It will give you all the steps involved.

However, you still will have the problem of not having the Service Books from your provider. And unless you can get them, you likely will not succeed in getting the data features working.

You would be better served by getting a device that was not from Sprint or Verizon because you will have the same problem. It's not that he devices are locked or unlocked. The problem is that your service provider does not support them natively.
Closed Thread