BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Starhub
Lightbulb MiuTunes Beta update: common problems, popular requests etc...

Please Login to Remove!

Dear Testers,

Thank you all for your interest and for efforts spent in testing MiuTunes. We apologize for not being able to respond more frequently than what we had wanted to. Nevertheless we assure you that we do listen to every comments, feedbacks, and suggestions sent to us or posted in forum. Also would like great thank those who voluntarily help us support the questions in the forums.

Believe me, our engineering team is working hard right now on the feedbacks and suggestions, and a new beta update is on the way in coming one or two days.

Here we would like to give some pointers for some common problems and feedbacks from many users. All beta testers will go through these before submitting new feedbacks. The popular requests and comments should not be submitted any more and we welcome feedback with more details using the form provided better than those one-liners. And one more thing: though we know you eager to express your own feelings in testing MiuTunes, we like it better if you express it in English

Common problems:
- Download issue:
* Make sure you have sign up to MiuTunes Beta, and login through blackberry browser with browser configuration set to 'WML only'
- Failed to launch MiuTunes:
* Make sure you have memory card in your phone, and make sure you are using 81xx, 83xx, or 88xx. No other models are supported.
* Be sure to grant the permission to file access, as MiuTunes need to read media files and save the music library and create those artwork files
* Be sure to grant the permission to phone log for MiuTunes to be able to auto-pause and resume during incoming calls
- Failed to scan music:
* Make sure you have placed the music in the proper location designated as music folder, ie. \BlackBerry\music
* We know some program may sync it to other folder but it is not proper place for BB. There could be other media files not is not intended to be added to music library.
* To rescan the music folder, select 'Explore to Folder' from the carousel main screen, and choose 'Scan Music Folder' from the menu. In current version, it will update and add new files, but some older media entries will remain in the library. We will be providing an update for this issue.
- Artwork download:
* In current version, to download artwork you need to hit 'Sym' key for 'Song Info Screen' and then click on the default artwork image or select 'Find Album Artwork' from menu. We are going to make it easier to access this function in the next beta update.
- Create playlist
* After selecting the song to be added press 'Alt-P'. You can add all songs in from an album or artist, by selecting the album/artist and press same key 'Alt-P'
* Playlist created is accessible from 'Playlists' of the carousel, then 'On The Go'
* In current version, you can manage only ONE playlist. We are going to make it easier to manage playlists.
- Memory issues
* Many reported the decrement of "free file" on Status screen and suspected that MiuTunes leaks.
* Our engineers have been trying to assess this issue for these few days and found no apparent leaks from the software so far. One thing to note is that the 'free file' does not equate to the available memory on the phone. If you do experience prolong garbage collection (you know, the hour glass turning thingy) please do let us know, how long you have waited any particular thing that you do at the time.
Popular requests:
- Support for Rewind and Fast Forward
- Support for WMA files
* We will add limited support WMA files, the least is that you will be able to play unprotected WMA files
- Shorten duration of splash screen and turn off startup sound
* We will provide an option to suppress splash screen and sound in coming beta update
- Support for bluetooth stereo headset
- Support equalizer
- Support for multiple playlists
- Make it configurable to suppress the Welcome screen: "Thank you for using Beta...."
* We purposely make this particular screen not having 'dun ask again' for some reasons. Not to worry, we shall do something for you guys during this beta period to suppress this.
- Make the volume keys work even when MiuTunes is in background
* We shall provide this if this is technically feasible for 3rd party apps
- Support for the upcoming OS 4.5
* No worries, no reason for us not to support 4.5
Popular issues reported:
- Mute button not functioning
- Shortcut key 'hold-space' not functioning on some phones
- Music playing stop after receiving message or scrolling artwork till the end

----
Will let you guys know when the next update is ready, meanwhile stay tuned and lets MiuTunes!
Simprit
Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Starhub

Created this new thread because the older thread has many responses and some user might may miss out the info if I post this in the older thread.

One last thing to add: please do not meddle around of system date/time to prolong the beta period. When detected, MiuTunes will refuse to run and will display that the software has expired.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the updates. I have entered a couple bug reports and I am glad to see that you guys are addressing the issues. i hope you guys continue to support the application as you are so far.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 05-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Glad to see they are incorporating changes and suggestions as well!!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

just so you know the app works flawlessly in 4.5
Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: If you knew me you would have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Sure does.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 05-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
andrews240
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Cool! Thanks Cory.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #8
meCka
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24A37719
Carrier: AT&T

yeah i have 4.5 and have no problems with it at all.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #9
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Will this app go and get all your missing album art on command, or does it have to do it one album at a time. I'd love an option to plug it in at the end of the day and just tell it to go get all my missing album art...the one-at-at-time stuff is too tedious...
Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 AM   #10
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Under popular request I don't see where you even considered looking for music in other than \BlackBerry\music. Glad you listened to your beta testers.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #11
PDM

Model: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
Will this app go and get all your missing album art on command, or does it have to do it one album at a time. I'd love an option to plug it in at the end of the day and just tell it to go get all my missing album art...the one-at-at-time stuff is too tedious...
...as well as, a better source for your album art (as I had to manually created the album art for 11 albums).
Old 05-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #12
slipsibm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Smile

Seems to work ok on 4.5.0.18 on a 8310. In addition to better source for album art, I agree, it would be nice to have some sort of "Refresh Album Art" to get them all initially loaded. Its not bad if you add an album later on but its rather tedious to get each one separately especially when you 1st load up. (although flipside makes you do the same thing one at a time) It would also be nice if you could preload the album art at startup (asynchronously of course) right now, much of the art doesn't show up until you scroll over to it the 1st time. Kind of takes away from the wow factor. It would also be nice to allow me save which view I want to go to when I start up. Saves me a click if I always want to go to Album Art for instance. I think a checkbox option that just remembers "Last View" would work. Nice work though!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #13
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Within MiuTunes, while viewing the artwork, I've noticed that some of my albums display each song twice.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #14
l3lueMage

Model: 8330
PIN: 31A485CF
Carrier: Sprint

Can anyone invite me to beta please? :(
Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #15
cfg

Model: 9x30
Carrier: VZW

Anyone have a spare invite they could send to? <email removed, Ramsy helped me out>

Last edited by cfg; 05-08-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #16
Ramsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg View Post
Anyone have a spare invite they could send to miutunesinvite at cfgsupport.com?
I just sent you an invite. Enjoy.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #17
cfg

Model: 9x30
Carrier: VZW

Got it, many thanks!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
tsubasa55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: I9000

can i get into the action on beta...it looks very promising !!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #19
mz pnut

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Beta is open again on the website.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #20
tsubasa55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: I9000

anyone aware of the 2.0.2 update???i got the update but now the program not working at all...am i doing something wrong or is it just a way of saying you cant have it if you dont pay for it???(not trying to accuse anyone im just curious??)
Closed Thread