Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
myjunkemailaccount61

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Complaints!!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I sometimes wonder if these mega companies really use the AVERAGE, and I mean AVERAGE person when testing their products...

Here are my complaints about the Blackberry tour:

1) The vibrate is WEAK!!
2) Isn't it crazy that you are able to see the "Network Time" but and the phone time can be different?? I saw the other posts about this. How come cell phones are able to automatically change times when you cross new time zones, but Blackberry doesn't?? And how come when I select "Date/Time Source" to be Network, the time that is displayed for the phone and the time that is shown for the network are not MATCHED?????
3) How come its so damn difficult to fix the TIME??????!!!! Now, think AVERAGE PERSON (that's me - average -- not too smart but not too stupid either)... So, I want to fix the time... I select "Setup", then "Setup Wizard", then "Date and Time," then in the next page, I am able to select the Time Zone, the time format, and Date/Time Source, but I CAN'T FIX THE TIME!!!!!!!!!! What the f*#%! Wouldn't it be the most common sense thing to be able to fix the time here?????!!!! Unbelievable! Even if there is a simple way to do it, the most obvious way is not the way.
4) Blood sucking bastards make you buy a new car charger when you change Blackberries. I changed from the Curve to the Tour and you have to get a charger with a new head. BASTARDS! NEVER EVER buy the car charger at a Verizon store ... You can buy it for $4.00 at Frys. Verizon charges something like $25.00.
5) Appointment reminders: OK, I want my phone to be on vibrate... So, when somebody calls me, I want it to vibrate. But, for an individual appointment that I put into the calendar, I wish I could set up that appointment to vibrate AND/OR beep the reminder -- Just for that appointment. This should be VERY EASY to do!
6) Why can't I set up the phone to be able to vibrate first and then ring after about 8 seconds of vibrating?? I was able to do this with my other cell phones, but why not with Blackberry???

OK... Actually, the overall, it's not that bad ... Just so frustrated with the little issues that seemed so common sense or easy to make possible...
Old 10-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

3. options - DATE/TIME. you do not need to go through the setup.
4. most people know you can get things cheaper elsewhere than a carrier store.
6. the standard Vibe and Tone, will vibrate first then ring.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Goliath42

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

7) Any why did they take away the shortcut key to the alarm?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Eh... I was going to respond, but I guess I am feeling generous today. You're welcome.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Eh... I was going to respond, but I guess I am feeling generous today. You're welcome.
You're going to let all of your fans down!
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

....this entertained me.

A BlackBerry is not 'like every other cell phone' that you've owned. It's different. That's why it's not called a cell phone.

A little advanced research on your part may have discovered some of the obvious shortcomings of BlackBerry devices, and perhaps you would have stayed with your time zone changing cell phone.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
Goliath42

Isn't this a forum to discuss BBs (Issues and all). In order to get feedback from other users who may have found ways to help. I don't get why people get so defensive. We'll be sure to just drink the kool-aid next time.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Absolutely. Come and ask questions, get feedback, advice, whatever. But do it in a calm, adult manner.

Coming and using profanity, a zillion !!!!! marks, CAPS LOCK amounts to stamping feet and having a temper tantrum.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath42 View Post
Isn't this a forum to discuss BBs (Issues and all). In order to get feedback from other users who may have found ways to help. I don't get why people get so defensive. We'll be sure to just drink the kool-aid next time.
It is.

It is also a public forum for just that discussion. Here, just as in life across the board, you may face differing and opposing views. Not everyone thinks like you, or like I do.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
You're going to let all of your fans down!
I know... I guess I'm just not on my game today. I let it out last week to the two flight attendants that wanted to treat everyone on the plane like we were children. It was ugly, but I thought I was going to get a standing ovation when I was done.

Quote:
As juwaack68 responded, people having problems with BlackBerries isn't the issue. People looking for help isn't the issue. The issue is the manner in which people express their problems and the way in which they ask for help. Throwing a pouty temper tantrum like a four year old isn't the right way to do it.

Either that concept is too difficult for you to understand, or you have been anxiously awaiting the prime opportunity to play the Kool-Aid card, even though that card has been played so many times it is dog-eared, dirty, and torn just a little bit on one side.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 10-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Goliath42

Darn it..You got me! I actually have been trying to work that Kool-Aid Comment somewhere Point taken though. They get a first time post pass?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Quote:
Darn it..You got me! I actually have been trying to work that Kool-Aid Comment somewhere Point taken though. They get a first time post pass?
I won't speak for everyone else, but for me... sure. I have no problem helping people (if I have the answers) even after they show their butt on their first post. But if they show their butt, get called on it, and show it some more? Well... forget it. All bets are off at that point.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 10-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
RadHaz75
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: BALL
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

1. weak compared to what? those 18 inch subzzzz in your car?
2. OS 5.0 has this ability
3. Options>Date/Tiime (where do you go to change the time on your computer? the windows setup wizard?)
4. its called online commerce. you can buy things on the intarwebs for cheap. this is also a standardization change. those damn bastards changed all my musics from tapes to cds, so now my cd player wont play my bel biv devoe TAPES! you can also get adapters that convert your existing chargers to the right connector type.
5. while not natively available, i'm sure theres a 3rd party app out there that can do this for you. or if you don't use the alarm on the device, you could set that for your daily thing that you want a different sound for.
6. you can. read an instruction manual or google it
Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #14
tduffy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The vibrate is weak? Mind about shakes the table when it vibrates!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
rey_1178

Carrier: sprint

#6 the buzz app fixed that issue for me. the free version is enough
Old 10-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #16
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

4. BlackBerry is standardizing on the new micro-USB connector. I thought the mini-USB was fine and wondered why they were screwing with it. Turns out the new micro-USB connector is much stronger and far less prone to breaking.

If you have one of the old car chargers with mini-USB, there are adapters that turn them into micro-USB. They're a buck at Amazon.com
Old 10-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
troykent
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Newer BB's are going with the micro usb instead of mini usb, that's why you had to get a new charger. They have used Mini usb since... well 7250's circa 2003-2004? maybe earlier.

I like that my BB does not change time zones when i do.

Ring/Vibrate functions are different, a little reading in your owners manual would have told you how to setup what you want. My phone (Storm) does exactly what you're wanting. Took me 2 minutes of reading to find it.

If you're so dissatisfied you can return it.
Closed Thread