BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
mori m.

Model: 7250
Default MAPI issues when setting up BES

Please Login to Remove!

I'm installing BES on a windows 2000 server. I have exchange 2003 SP1 running on a windows 2003 server. I had everything running except for calender pushing. I had Outlook install instead of Exchange System Tools. So I uninstalled Outlook and installed the Exchange System Tools and Exchange SP1. To be sure I went through the list of requirements and I do have all the required programs installed. After Installing the Exchange System Tools, I keep getting Invalid properties in Message Service Table every time I try to edit the MAPI table. I talked with RIM and they seem to think it's something with the system tools. So I have reinstalled it a few times but it's still not working. I even reinstalled the BES software and it still didn't work.
Can anyone help me???
Old 03-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Well, seeing that the BES install is screwed-up....I would start over with a clean install (again). This time however, I would uninstall BES (Add/Remove Programs), remove the ESM tool and the MSDE.
Clean out the registry (HKLM & HKCU) of any keys/subkeys associated with BES, ESM and MSDE. Reapply the OS service packs and updates, by this time you should've gone thru a couple of reboots...it's Windows. If you haven't given up as yet....then re-apply the MDAC and any other requirements.
Proceed to do an install of the BES software and it's related Service Packs & Hot Fixes.
Install the ESM again and test the MAPI subsystem initialization - fancy words for "can you connect to the Exchange server without any errors" - If at this stage there are no errors, I would export the registry just in case.
Before proceeding with the BES install, verify that you have all the required permissions on the Exchange Information store/organization levels for the BES service account that's being used for the install.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
BBTechGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Try running the fixmapisvc utility from the Tools directory.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
mjc130

Model: 8100
Carrier: Optus - Australia

I had aproblem not unlike this one. I installed the BES 4.0.3 without having any documentation. Evntually a complete uninstall, , prog files\reaserach in motion folder rename and then a reinstall worked a treat. My issue was the manager not seeing teh users as they may have been new (or some such like).

Install on a mchine with AD installed, exchange tools and no outlook and it works first time.

Reinstalling is not the same as unistall and reinstall.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Closed Thread