BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
bes.in.brisbane

Model: 7100G
Unhappy Problems with BES 4.0.2 Install

Please Login to Remove!

Hi BES gurus. I have hit the wall with a new BES 4.0.2 install on Win2k. I have done a few BES installs in the past, including an upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0, and had success. So I'm not a complete newbie. But this one has me stumped.

Environment:

BES Server: Win2k SP4 running SQL2000 SP3a
Exchange Server: New machine running SBS2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003SP1.

The BES install is a downloaded package supplied by my client's vendor (Telstra AU).

I have followed the install guide to prepare the environment, so I have a BESAdmin account created with all of the rights and permissions configured as per the guide. My CDO.dll is Version 6.5.7226.0. with the Exch2k3 System Manager installed on the Win2k box (even though I am fairly certain that CDO.dll versions would not be causing the problem I am having).

When I run the BES install (as BESAdmin), and choose to install the Enterprise Server, everything runs OK, and I reboot. Login as BESAdmin and let the Config utility start, and it comes up with the SQL details page. SQL server name is entered with the default DB name "BESMgmt". Click Next and it says the DB doesn't exist and asks if I want to create it, Click Yes. System chugs at it for a minute and then throws back an error dialog that reads as follows:

"DB Upgrade failed. Error executing an SQL Statement."

Only option is to click OK which returns me to the DB config screen. Click Next again and I get a message saying "Database already exists, refer to database log file for more information. Either delete the database or manually update it."

I have deleted and attempted to re-create the DB numerous times. And I have un-installed and re-installed the BES software a few times as well. I have tried Windows auth for SQL, as well as SQL auth. Text of the DB log file is as follows:

[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x600} Current Date: 2006/01/17
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x600} [DIAG] EVENT=Thread_report, THREADID=0x600, THREADNAME="DebugLogger"
[40000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} [ODBCDatabase] DB=SQL Server, MaxConnection=20, MinConnection=4
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed database context to 'master'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed language setting to us_english.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::GetDBVersionForSQLServer.executeu se: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::GetDBVersionForSQLServer.execute: Invalid object name 'ServerDBVersion'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::GetDBVersionForSQLServer.executeu se: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::GetDBVersionForSQLServer.execute: Invalid object name 'ServerDBVersion'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed language setting to us_english.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} Processing file tables.sql
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL being executed:
/************************************************** **************************
tables.sql

This SQL script will create the initial BlackBerry Admin Server tables.

Notes:

(C) 1997-2004 Research In Motion Limited.
************************************************** **************************/

/*
* Switch to the BESMgmt database
*/
USE "BESMgmt"
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL executed successfully

set nocount on

/*
* Create the ITPolicy2 table if it doesn't already exist, otherwise convert existing to new
*/
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT name FROM sysobjects WHERE name = 'ITPolicy2' AND type = 'U')
begin
CREATE TABLE dbo.ITPolicy2
(
Id int IDENTITY (1,1) NOT NULL,
PolicyName varchar(128) not null,
AllowOtherEmailServices int not null default(1),
AllowOtherBrowserServices int not null default(1),
HandheldBlob image,
DesktopBlob image,
SessionId int null,
Lurnum timestamp not null
)
alter table ITPolicy2 add
CONSTRAINT IX_ITPolicy2_PolicyName UNIQUE CLUSTERED (PolicyName),
CONSTRAINT ITPolicy2_PK PRIMARY KEY (Id)
end

/*
* add default policy
*/
if not exists (select PolicyName from itpolicy2 where PolicyName = 'Default')
begin
insert into itpolicy2 (PolicyName, HandheldBlob)
values ('Default', 0x050744656661756c7401)
end
[10000] (01/17 16:18:00):{0x774} SQL Error Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: SQLSTATE: 42S02 Native error: 208 Message: Invalid object name 'itpolicy2'.
====== END OF LOG ======

I am not a DBA, and know little of SQL or it's commands, so this is pretty much unreadable for me.

The config never progresses past this point leaving me pretty much stuck with an unconfigured BES server.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this, and how to get around it, can you please let me know.

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Try creating the BESMgmt db manually using the createdb.exe utility. It's located in the /Database folder on the CD. This can be done through a DOS prompt. After you've created the db, try opening the db with the SQL enterprise mgr. Then repeat the BES install and point to the BESMgmt location. You can use the same name (BESMgmt) or change it if you wish during the manual db creation stage.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
BBTechGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is your SQL Server installed with a Case Sensitive Collation? If so then this won't work.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
bes.in.brisbane

Model: 7100G

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
Try creating the BESMgmt db manually using the createdb.exe utility. It's located in the /Database folder on the CD. This can be done through a DOS prompt. After you've created the db, try opening the db with the SQL enterprise mgr. Then repeat the BES install and point to the BESMgmt location. You can use the same name (BESMgmt) or change it if you wish during the manual db creation stage.
Hi dev. I extracted my downloaded install package to get the Database directory as mentioned, and edited the BESMgmt.cfg file (just set the location of the script root and log location).When I ran the createdb command, this is the output I got:

********Begin Paste of CMD Output**********
D:\BES\Database>createdb BESMgmt.cfg
Properties being used:

BACKUP=false
BACKUP_DIR=
CMD=Install
CREATE=true
DATABASE_NAME=BESMgmt
DB2PORT=50000
DB2SCHEMA=
DBMS=SqlServer
DB_FILE_DIR=
DEVELOPER=false
DROP=false
GENERATE_EXECUTE=true
LOG_DIR=D:\BES\Database
ORIGINAL_DB_NAME=
PASSWORD=
RESTORE_FILENAME=
SCRIPT_ROOT=D:\BES\Database
SERVER=local
STOP=true
TIMESTAMP=true
USERID=
VERBOSE=false
VERSION=

All sql output is being logged to D:\BES\Database\DB_InstallV060118104323.log

Processing createdb.sql...
Finished createdb.sql.

Processing tables.sql...
Finished tables.sql.

Result of call to BESDBInstaller: SQL Error(s) encountered.
Invalid object name 'itpolicy2'.

See log for more details

D:\BES\Database>

*******End of Paste********

Same error as when you run the standard install.

?????

Any more ideas? Is the install package corrupt somehow? (Find that hard to believe though).

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Now that's annoying! I've had the problem before, but it was caused by an over zealous admin trying to create a sql db for the BES using sql Enterprise mgr.
My approach to this would be:
1. Stop the sql service and set to disable
2. Remove the BES install. Do a registry cleanup as well
3. Remove/delete any created *.mdf of *.ldf files in the /Database directory on the sql server. Only the BES related files.
4. Restart the box
5. Restart the SQL server and have a look at the Event viewer for any major errors
6. Check the security permissions for the BES service account on the SQL server again
7. Before re-installing the BES sw - try downloading a new file set and run the createdb utility again. If the same problem appears, it's probably the SQL server install or configuration.
Other than that (apart from screaming), I would do a clean install of the OS and start over, provided that's possible.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
Chububbly
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 250FC295
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Chris, Did you ever manage to resolve this? I am having ver similar problems. I have a sql server and a seperate bes server in a test environment. The sql server has a copy of our live environment running out it.
I firstly installed BES 4 on the BES server. All was ok, then if I try and install SP1 or above I get DB upgrade failed. I tried with the BES services stopped and it made no difference. Is this error something to do with it not finding the DB on the remote server, or is it trying to do something other than upgrade.
I tried running the db create direct on the sql server first, with the updatedata string, and it fails straight away saying it cannot find the DATABASE_NAME BESMgmt
Can someone help me at all, I really need to get cracking and upgrade or live environment.
I see lots of people suggest creating a new D/B, I would like to keep the existing D/B and its contents!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
BBTechGuy

Is your SQL Server installed with a Case Sensitive Collation? If so then this won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bes.in.brisbane
Hi dev. I extracted my downloaded install package to get the Database directory as mentioned, and edited the BESMgmt.cfg file (just set the location of the script root and log location).When I ran the createdb command, this is the output I got:

********Begin Paste of CMD Output**********
D:\BES\Database>createdb BESMgmt.cfg
Properties being used:

BACKUP=false
BACKUP_DIR=
CMD=Install
CREATE=true
DATABASE_NAME=BESMgmt
DB2PORT=50000
DB2SCHEMA=
DBMS=SqlServer
DB_FILE_DIR=
DEVELOPER=false
DROP=false
GENERATE_EXECUTE=true
LOG_DIR=D:\BES\Database
ORIGINAL_DB_NAME=
PASSWORD=
RESTORE_FILENAME=
SCRIPT_ROOT=D:\BES\Database
SERVER=local
STOP=true
TIMESTAMP=true
USERID=
VERBOSE=false
VERSION=

All sql output is being logged to D:\BES\Database\DB_InstallV060118104323.log

Processing createdb.sql...
Finished createdb.sql.

Processing tables.sql...
Finished tables.sql.

Result of call to BESDBInstaller: SQL Error(s) encountered.
Invalid object name 'itpolicy2'.

See log for more details

D:\BES\Database>

*******End of Paste********

Same error as when you run the standard install.

?????

Any more ideas? Is the install package corrupt somehow? (Find that hard to believe though).

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
BBTechGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chububbly
Chris, Did you ever manage to resolve this? I am having ver similar problems. I have a sql server and a seperate bes server in a test environment. The sql server has a copy of our live environment running out it.
I firstly installed BES 4 on the BES server. All was ok, then if I try and install SP1 or above I get DB upgrade failed. I tried with the BES services stopped and it made no difference. Is this error something to do with it not finding the DB on the remote server, or is it trying to do something other than upgrade.
I tried running the db create direct on the sql server first, with the updatedata string, and it fails straight away saying it cannot find the DATABASE_NAME BESMgmt
Can someone help me at all, I really need to get cracking and upgrade or live environment.
I see lots of people suggest creating a new D/B, I would like to keep the existing D/B and its contents!
A new DB should not be necessary. Please provide the DB Install log.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
BlackBerryLinks

Carrier: Vodafone

How To - Install Blackberry Enterprise Server on Microsoft Small Business Server 2000
Last Modified: 01 February 2005
Article Number: KB-03718
Summary

This article applies to the following:

* BlackBerry Enterprise Server™
* Integration with Microsoft® Exchange
* Microsoft® Small Business Server 2000
* Microsoft Windows®

Details

When installing the Blackberry Enterprise Server on a Small Business Server Small Business Server2000 system, the MSDE software that ships with the product will not install properly and does not return any error messages. The following procedure outlines how to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server so that it can function on Microsoft Small Business Server 2000.
Procedure

By default, Desktop Engine Setup configures Microsoft SQL Server to use Windows Authentication, and places the Windows local administrator's group in SQL Server sysadmin as a fixed server role.

Normally, on Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 you can specify a SECURITYMODE=SQL parameter to use SQL Server Authentication with a blank sa password.

Note: See Microsoft article 814463 How To Specify a Strong SA Password When You Install SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) for more information on setting SA passwords.

Install the version of MSDE 2000 that ships with Microsoft Small Business Server 2000. You can find the software on CD 2 in the \SQL2000\MSDE directory.

Note: All steps listed below should be performed using the BESAdmin account.

1. Run setup.exe SECURITYMODE=SQL
2. Install the Blackberry Server Enterprise Management software to correctly create the database.

Warning: The next step involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Microsoft Windows operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
3. If MSDE 2000 has been installed previously, change the security model by changing the value of the following registry key to 2:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\MSSqlServer\Lo ginMode

This changes the server security setting to mixed and allows the BlackBerry server to create the database.
4. To re-create the database, open the Createdb.sql file located in:

\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management\Database\
5. Change the default path for the database data directory from c:\mssql7\data\ to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\
6. Once the file has been modified, open a Dos prompt and type:

\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management\Database\directory
7. Press Enter.
8. Type Createdb.exe at the command prompt.
9. Press Enter.
10. Once this has completed, you should receive the message:

Database setup complete. Check the setup.txt for any sql messages.
11. The setup.txt file should look like:

Starting the database creation script

Creating the database now

The CREATE DATABASE process is allocating 1.00 MB on disk 'BESMgmt'.

The CREATE DATABASE process is allocating 1.00 MB on disk 'BESMgmtLog'.

Creating the tables

Adding error messages to the database

Creating the stored procedures in the database

Finished setting up the stored procedures
12. Now you can install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server as you would on any Exchange 2000 system.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #10
BlackBerryLinks

Oops, now I see that the BES is not on a SBS, only Exchange... But maybe you used the MSDE from SBS.
Sorry
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
BB_God
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i

The SQL collation is likely Case Sensitive.

2 options:
1. Use a different SQL or MSDE
2. Create a stub BESMGMT database and ALTER the database collation.

ALTER DATABASE < database_name >
COLLATE < new_collation_name >
GO
Old 02-16-2006, 07:07 AM   #12
Chububbly

As I cannot rememebr what the SQL instance was installed as, is there a way I can check what the collation type is?

Many thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #13
BlackBerryLinks

I think the best way is to uninstall it and install it fresh.

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #14
Chububbly

Well I recall using the default collation setting, if anyone knows what that is. It's definately not any different to default. Which i'm sure isn't the Case Sensitive setting.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #15
Chububbly

if you right click properties on the database you can see th collation type. I definately have the default "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"

So does anyone have any other ideas. I can't even find what the "DB upgrade failed" error means. Vodafone nor RIM can help me with this apparently! So I'm stuck and bored of this!

Thanks for everyone who is helping
Old 02-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #16
BlackBerryLinks

Check your MDAC version:
http://blackberry-nl.com/index.php/topic,103.0.html

Unistall your MSDE, download:
http://blackberry-links.com/msde-2000-release-a.html
and install that version.

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-17-2006, 06:57 AM   #17
BBTechGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chububbly
if you right click properties on the database you can see th collation type. I definately have the default "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"

So does anyone have any other ideas. I can't even find what the "DB upgrade failed" error means. Vodafone nor RIM can help me with this apparently! So I'm stuck and bored of this!

Thanks for everyone who is helping
Again you should provide the DB Install Log.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:24 AM   #18
Chububbly

As requested here is the last DB install log:

[40000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} [ODBCDatabase] DB=SQL Server, MaxConnection=20, MinConnection=4
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed database context to 'master'.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed language setting to us_english.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::GetDBVersionForSQLServer.executeu se: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::GetDBVersionForSQLServer.executeu se: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} Schema is up to date
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::Connect: Changed language setting to us_english.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL being executed:
errors.sql

This SQL script will add errors to the master sysmessages table

(C) 1997-2002 Research In Motion Limited.

USE master
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: Changed database context to 'master'.
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL executed successfully

PRINT 'Adding error messages to the database'
SET NOCOUNT ON
/* BESAgent errors */
IF EXISTS (SELECT error FROM sysmessages
WHERE error = 60002)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60002, @lang = 'us_english'
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: Adding error messages to the database
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60002, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to add new BlackBerry Agent "%s" AgentID=%d Machine Name=%s',
@lang = 'us_english'

/* BESRouter errors */
WHERE error = 60103)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60103, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60103, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to update the License record for BESRouter [%s]',
@lang = 'us_english'

/* MDS errors */
WHERE error = 60003)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60003, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60003, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to add MDS Mapping. Duplicate Pin: [%d]',
@lang = 'us_english'

WHERE error = 60004)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60004, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60004, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to enable/disable MDS server as push server - entry does not exist.',
@lang = 'us_english'

/* Server Config (and other tables) Errors */
WHERE error = 60005)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60005, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60005, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to add new ServerConfig entry for ServiceName "%s" MachineName "%s".',
@lang = 'us_english'

WHERE error = 60006)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60006, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60006, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to %s ServerStats entry for ServiceName "%s".',
@lang = 'us_english'

WHERE error = 60007)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60007, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60007, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to %s UserConfig entry for SMTPAddr "%s" ServiceName "%s".',
@lang = 'us_english'

WHERE error = 60008)
EXEC sp_dropmessage @msgnum = 60008, @lang = 'us_english'
EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60008, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to %s UserStats entry for SMTPAddr "%s".',
@lang = 'us_english'

EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60009, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to add SyncDeviceMgmt entry because there is no UserConfig entry for %d.',
@lang = 'us_english',
@replace='replace'

EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60010, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Unable to %s entry because there is no UserConfig entry for %s.',
@lang = 'us_english',
@replace='replace'

EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60011, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'PendingServerConfigId [%d] not found in ServerConfig table - User not added',
@lang = 'us_english',
@replace='replace'

EXEC sp_addmessage @msgnum = 60012, @severity = 16,
@msgtext = N'Deleting of the default Policy is not allowed.',
@lang = 'us_english',
@replace='replace'

/* Lurnum and key name/value msgs */
-- lurnum
exec sp_addmessage 70000, 1, '%s TableName=%s', @replace='replace', @lang = 'us_english'
-- indicate multiple lurnum found
exec sp_addmessage 70001, 1, '%s TableName=%s', @replace='replace', @lang = 'us_english'
-- return key/value
exec sp_addmessage 70010, 1, '%s,%i TableName=%s', @replace='replace', @lang = 'us_english'
-- indicate multiple key/value
exec sp_addmessage 70011, 1, ' TableName=%s', @replace='replace', @lang = 'us_english'

use "BESMgmt"
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: Changed database context to 'BESMgmt'.
SchedulePurgeJobs.sql

This SQL script will create the jobs that will remove old data

Procedure List:

(C) 1997-2004 Research In Motion Limited.

/*

Note - There is no easy of determining if these jobs exists unless one is a member of
sysadm (as queries would be needed against msdb tables and public doesn't have access).

Thus, the installer program running this script will suppress errors that get reported
when the job already exists.

*/

USE msdb
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: Changed database context to 'msdb'.
/*+---------------------------------------------------------------------------
* RIMPurgeHistory - delete rows from ServerConfigHistory table
*+--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
exec sp_add_job 'RIMPurgeHistoryBESMgmt',
@description = 'Remove old data from history table'
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMPurgeHistoryBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'DoIt',
@database_name = 'BESMgmt',
@command = 'exec RemoveOldHistoryRows 60' -- 60 day retention
exec sp_add_jobschedule @job_name = 'RIMPurgeHistoryBESMgmt',
@name = 'RIMPurgeHistory',
@freq_type = 8, -- weekly
@freq_interval = 1, -- Sunday
@freq_recurrence_factor = 1, -- every week
@active_start_time = 10000 -- 1:00 am
exec sp_add_jobserver @job_name = 'RIMPurgeHistoryBESMgmt'
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: SQLServerAgent is not currently running so it cannot be notified of this action.

* RIMPurgeDeletedUsers - delete rows from DeletedUserConfig
exec sp_add_job 'RIMPurgeDeletedUsersBESMgmt',
@description = 'Remove deleted users'
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMPurgeDeletedUsersBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'DoIt',
@command = 'exec RemoveDeletedUsers 30' -- 30 day retention
--update any existing jobs to change retention to 30 days
exec sp_update_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMPurgeDeletedUsersBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'DoIt',
@command = 'exec RemoveDeletedUsers 30' -- 30 day retention
exec sp_add_jobschedule @job_name = 'RIMPurgeDeletedUsersBESMgmt',
@name = 'RIMPurgeDeletedUsers',
@active_start_time = 20000 -- 2:00 am
exec sp_add_jobserver @job_name = 'RIMPurgeDeletedUsersBESMgmt'
[30000] (02/10 12:11:31):{0xD38} SQL Informational Message from CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteSql.executeDirect: SQLServerAgent is not currently running so it cannot be notified of this action.

* RIMPurgeWorkQueue - delete rows from WorkQueue
exec sp_add_job 'RIMPurgeWorkQueueBESMgmt',
@description = 'Remove old work queue entries'
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMPurgeWorkQueueBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'DoIt',
@command = 'exec RemoveOldWorkQueue 15' -- 15 day retention

exec sp_add_jobschedule @job_name = 'RIMPurgeWorkQueueBESMgmt',
@name = 'RIMPurgeWorkQueue',
@active_start_time = 20000 -- 2:00 am
exec sp_add_jobserver @job_name = 'RIMPurgeWorkQueueBESMgmt'

* RIMCheckFor2GB - warn if we're on MSDE and are approaching MSDE 2GB limit

declare @edition varchar(128)
set @edition = cast(serverproperty('Edition') as varchar(128))
if @edition = 'Desktop Engine'
begin
exec sp_add_job 'RIMCheckFor2GBBESMgmt',
@description = 'Check to see if approaching MSDE 2 GB limit'
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMCheckFor2GBBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'DoIt',
@command = 'exec CheckFor2GB 1500' -- 1500MB threshold
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobschedule @job_name = 'RIMCheckFor2GBBESMgmt',
@name = 'RIMCheckFor2GB',
@active_start_time = 50000 -- 5:00 am
end
begin
exec sp_add_jobserver @job_name = 'RIMCheckFor2GBBESMgmt'
end

* RIMIndexDefrag - defrag the indexes

begin
exec sp_add_job 'RIMIndexDefragBESMgmt',
@description = 'Index defrag'
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMIndexDefragBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'DoIt',
@command = 'exec IndexDefrag 10' -- % threshold to defrag
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobschedule @job_name = 'RIMIndexDefragBESMgmt',
@name = 'RIMIndexDefrag',
@active_start_time = 30000 -- 3:00 am
end
begin
exec sp_add_jobserver @job_name = 'RIMIndexDefragBESMgmt'
end

* RIMShrinkDb - reduce space used

begin
exec sp_add_job 'RIMShrinkDbBESMgmt',
@description = 'DBCC ShrinkDb'
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMShrinkDbBESMgmt',
@step_id = 1,
@step_name = 'Shrink',
@command = 'DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (BESMgmt, 10, NOTRUNCATE)'
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobstep @job_name = 'RIMShrinkDbBESMgmt',
@step_id = 2,
@step_name = 'UpdateSize',
@command = 'dbcc updateusage (BESMgmt)'
end

begin
exec sp_add_jobschedule @job_name = 'RIMShrinkDbBESMgmt',
@name = 'RIMShrinkDb',
@active_start_time = 40000 -- 4:00 am
end
begin
exec sp_add_jobserver @job_name = 'RIMShrinkDbBESMgmt'
end
====== END OF LOG ======

Hope this is the right log file!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #19
BlackBerryLinks

This looks more like a SQL script file. Look for a .LOG file not a .sql file.

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #20
Chububbly

I copied that from the location C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\ConfigUtil\db and the file was called Db Install"some numbers".log

I can't find any other logs! Do you know their location?

Many thanks
Closed Thread