Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
Max_MBit
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Exchange Server Name not resolving - MAPI Profile

Please Login to Remove!

I'm just finalising the installation of the Blackberry Enterprise Server…However I've hit a snag! Basically I'm at the stage were I need to configure a MAPI profile for the BES e-mail account. However I'm receiving a error message that the name could not be resolved.

I've checked all the basic network configuration and all looks fine. I can ping the mail server my IP, host name and FQDN.

All the credentials supplied are correct and I have set-up the profile on a normal desktop machine successfully. I get the feeling this error message is related to the CDO.dll. The version of the CDO.dll is 6.5.7226.0 on both the BES and Exchange 2003 Server, both also have Exchange 2003 SP1 installed. I have run the utility fixmapisvc.exe as requested to do so in the installation guide.

The server has never had any Outlook versions installed and from what I've read doesn't need to either. I had no problems registering the license info, SRP Info or connecting to the SRP address - srp.eu.blackberry.net.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Try digging back into how the sevice account was set up in Active Directory. I had this issue recently on a server that I set up for Germany. Our AD team fixed it, but if I remember they had to make sure the service account had a 'visible' mailbox so that the MAPI profile could resolve it, then they made it 'invisible', or something like that. They also made sure the service account had the correct role assigned to it.

The issues I had had nothing to do with the installation of the software - it was all AD setup.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
Max_MBit

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately the mailbox is visible.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Max_MBit

There is evidently a Cisco ACS installed on this server, and I am assuming that it, is probably the source of my problems.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #5
Dahood

Model: 8100
Carrier: vodafone

I had the same issue too. I resolved it by deselecting the mailbox (Exchange) attributes using Exchange Tasks in AD. Once removed I then re-added the attibutes using the Exchange Tasks Wizard. Finally I added an SMTP address for the BesAdmin account. This seemed to cure the MAPI profile issue.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
tarjan

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Sprint

Verify you are logged in on the domain (KEY point) and that you are logged in AS the bes admin. The bes admin MUST be the owner of the mailbox you will be using, and it MUST have the permissions specified in the manual.

After that you should be golden.

For the other post the AD itself and visable vs hidden should not matter. If it is hidden you will not be able to type a partial name into the name field though, you must enter it EXACTLY how the name appears in exchange (not the email address). MAPI limtation. Most of the time it is just simpler to leave it visable until you get the server running if there is a different group doing account setup. After its up, then hide it and it will continue working fine since the server will have auto configured it to match the exact name.

Let me know if that worked, PM if you want.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
BBTechGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100

Can you resolve any Mailboxes?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:05 AM   #8
Dahood

Model: 8100
Carrier: vodafone

BBTechGuy I could resolve other mailboxes except the BESAdmin mailbox. The only way to overcome it was to recreate the mailbox.
Closed Thread