BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
bloodmoney

Model: 8100
Default I would like to know...

Please Login to Remove!

why you moved my post but you have left topics regarding almost everything including stereo headphones in the 8100 forum. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I won't receive half as many reply's in the other area which is why I posted it in the 8100 in the first place.

Also, locking a thread so I can't reply seems rude to me.

blood money
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

We, the volunteer mods, move threads around all the time.

How many threads are there on 8100 cases? Dozens? 50? I know I've posted in many myself.

Closing a thread which has no more purpose is not rude. I know you disagree, and that's OK. We will continue to move and close threads..

It's part of the thankless job.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
sman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

let's not forget these forums are FREE and the majority of questions posted can be found very easily through use of the search feature.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Willie115
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: mEowmIx

Let us also remember why they are moderators, if they moved something from one section to another it is because it belongs there. Posting in a place that people just look at more is just like posting about the 8800 in the Pearl 8100 section just because people look at this one particular part more. You registered to the forum and agreed to terms, and moderators basically enforce them, stop whining and move on.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

...where you got the notion... to rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby!

See title of the thread if you don't get it!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

That's why I do a general search first and find out if there are any threads already started/going related to what I am looking for. The mods are volunteers and will move/and/or close any threads based upon proper placement. It is not being rude. It is actually being helpful. There is no point in re-inventing the wheel (so to speak).
Old 01-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

dood, take it from me... you don't want to screw with anyone or any mod here.. It is just not worth it. Use your energy on something better... Sometimes the decisions on this forum are a drag.. but whatever.. it is a forum.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
We, the volunteer mods, move threads around all the time.

How many threads are there on 8100 cases? Dozens? 50? I know I've posted in many myself.

Closing a thread which has no more purpose is not rude. I know you disagree, and that's OK. We will continue to move and close threads..

It's part of the thankless job.
i used to see a problem with this as well.. my suggestion is for the mod to send a pm to the user that the thread has been moved or closed. would be nicer to know.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
bloodmoney

Talking whatever

First, I did a search and I have read many thoughts about cases/holsters/skins etc. The discussions I read have helped me a bit, but I wanted more specific thoughts concerning the two approaches.

The fact that the forums are free, while most appreciated, really does not concern the principle issue here. Also, if this site lost money, it would probably not exist. Just something to think about.

Paulbblc you rock. Gotta love a fellow Minnesotan with a sense of humor.

And just as I told the ref who calls the basketballs games for the 5th grade team I coach, you can't call one foul and let the others go. You must be consistant. I told him that when he called fouls on the other team and not on my players for doing the same thing. I considered my topic to be "general", as I thought the headphones, memory cards, browser, email, t-mobile plan, opera mini, firefox, reception, battery life, etc concerns were as well. The fact that you as a volunteer mod decided to move one thread and not the rest, doesn't shock me as much as it annoy's me. You have made my very simple question a frustrating experience simply because you thought that it didn't belong? And what have you accomplished? Absolutely nothing. Congratulations.

And as another "general" reminder to those users of the 8100 who care, I have a question concerning Seidio holsters and cases/skins that has been moved to the Hardware & Accessories section. If you can provide me any insight I would appreciate it.

bloodmoney
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
zoukis05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Personally I don't think this thread belongs in this section.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Move to the Rants and Raves Forum Section.

~MrKyoo
Old 01-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #12
bloodmoney

Default Etc.

I agree this has turned into a big waste of time. I wish I had my 20 min. back already.

Notification that you were moving my post would have made me less irritated.

Willie115 my post was specifically for my 8100 which was why I posted it where other 8100 users would see it.

brucejr I realize this is not a new subject. The information that was out there did not answer my question. Your response suggest that you think every topic that has already been talked about cannot be talked about again. If this was the case, then nobody would be able to post anything because 95% of topics concerning bb's have likely been covered at one point or another.

NJbb - I have seen countless threads on browsers and email questions. I'm sure well over 50. Why don't you create a whole section just for browser issues if you are so concerned about the number of times you see a particular topic. As I generally hear mod's saying to forum members, if you don't like the thread or the topic, don't concern yourself with it and look at something you can contribute to. I thought the point of a forum was to get information from people who you might not have been able to get information from in the first place. I also thought the point of the mod was to help with problems, not create them.

bloodmoney
Old 01-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Help me out here, how did I create a problem? I actually took the time to reply to your thread.

You are creating a problem....
Old 01-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

yes, lets move this complainer's thread again!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #15
bloodmoney

The mod that moved the original thread, and now the mod that moved this thread are the people I'm talking about.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309

Okay this thread turned into a pointless waste of server space.

We move threads, we close threads, we merge threads and delete threads. It's what we do.

*closing this thread*
Closed Thread