BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
AverageJoe

Model: 8700
Exclamation Mailstreet Down All Day

Please Login to Remove!

WOW...

Bigger is better right?? Well thatxxx8217;s what I thought... Up until today, I can not believe the level of service that I have received from the xxx8220;best in the businessxxx8221;

So far this has been my experience:

1.) My email accounts have been down since at least 9pm last night

2.) Mailstreet phones: NO ANSWER 3.) Mailstreet Live Chat: NO ANSWER

4.) Mailstreet Email: No ANSWER I am in the dark here both literally and figurativelyxxx8230; and Mailstreet has been keeping me in the dark completely.

Needless to say I will be searching out a new Hosted Exchange Provider. If MailStreet would answer me by email, phone, or chat, and I had a clue as to when services would be restored, I might not be as angry as I am right now.

And their updates on their website have been providing completely inaccurate information and time frames.

Please advise me of any other providers that can host my BES and Exchange Email.

exchangehostingreviews.com

-Joe
Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

** Moved to Rants and Raves **
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
AverageJoe

They have been giving me incorrect information all day...
I am still down, and have been since last night at 9pm.

First they said Noon, i'd be up, then 1pm, then 2pm... basically every hour on the dial...

Now it's nearly 5pm EST and I am still down.

Only God knows how much of my email was lost, this is rediculous!!!

FROM THEIR WEBSITE:

Attention MailStreet Customers
Please be advised that due to a human error by a representative of our Storage Area Network (SAN) partner, one of our SAN devices went off-line last night during our normal maintenance window. The MailStreet Operations team immediately began an Emergency Recovery process, whereby data restoration from the prior day’s backups was initiated. This process was completed swiftly and almost all customers were back on-line before the start of the business day today. You may not experience any impacts from this issue but if you are affected please note that incoming mail that was sent during the outage period will make it into your inbox due to safeguards MailStreet has in place.

Our engineers have successfully recovered more than 95% of all affected mailstores and anticipate the completion between 4 and 5PM Eastern

While this issue has affected a very small subset of MailStreet customers, we are very cognizant of the importance of email communications to your business operations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
AverageJoe

Anyone with any good reccomendations on Hosted Microsoft Exchange Providers with BES???

I know all companies have downtime or outages, but a little communication within that outage would be nice!!!

Any reccomendations??
Old 01-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I was down since 9pm last night as well. As of now my Outlook is back. OWA and BES are still down for me. I am on the MSE8 server.

Not terribly thrilled that some redundancy was not built into their hosted service.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Let me know when you get your "discount"...

Secure Exchange Hosting

Service Level Agreement
MailStreet will make its best effort to provide each customer with 99.5% uptime. MailStreet has a policy of discounting its monthly subscription rate by 20% for each 3 hours of downtime per month over the 99.5% rate. "Uptime" and "Downtime" is recorded and calculated on a monthly basis. This does not include scheduled downtime for weekly server/network maintenance (usually less than 10 minutes total and usually scheduled for Sundays, midnight eastern). This also does not include end-user internet connection issues or general internet congestion. Account credits and overall liability of Apptix, Inc. is hereby limited to a maximum one month's service during the month of the outage. NOTE: This Service Level Agreement covers MailStreet Hosted Exchange, Hosted SharePoint, Archiving and Complaince and DNS Services only. MailStreet Defender (MX Logic), Web Hosting, BlackBerry Enterprise, Goodlink and other wireless services are not covered under the Service Level guarantee.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Worth noting that this outage was about 24 hours in length. The Blackberry devices came back sometime overnight.

Am still unable to get into OWA or configuration control panel for my account.
Closed Thread