BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
mvalpreda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMobile
Default Users receiving emails, calendar and contact updates, but won't update in Outlook?

Please Login to Remove!

BES Express 4.1.4 MR4. 5 users total. Exchange 2003 fully patched as of 1.4.2008 on a fully patched Windows 2003 Standard server.

I have multiple users who get emails, calendar/contact updates sent from Outlook, but when they update a contact on their device it does not update in Outlook. I had one user redo the enterprise activation which went fine, but now he is only getting emails and not any calendar/contact edits.

I have gone through and made sure all the permissions are correct on the server and at the user level.

I'm not sure which logs to look at to see what's going on. Pointers?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Check to see if they have the wireless synchronization option under Options for the Calendar and Address Book on their device.

If it is missing for the address book, delete the Desktop[Sync] service book and then resend it. If the Calendar is missing it, delete the Desktop[CICAL] service book and resend it.

Make sure that you have the same version of cdo.dll on both the Exchange and the BES. You can check the registered version on the BES by searching for cdo.dll in the MAGT log. You will see the cdo.dll, MAPI32.dll and EMSMDB32.dll listed together.

Make sure that bi-directional synchronization is enabled at the server and user level for the Address Book.

Calendar sync is controlled only through IT Policy on the BES and can be turned off on the device as well. If all that checks out for the Calendar then it's permissions. One-way Calendar sync is either cdo.dll or permissions. Make sure that the correct permissions are set in the Exchange System Manager and are inheriting down to the mailbox store and public folder store levels.

If you try a Calendar appointment on the BB, search for cdo in the MAGT, starting from the bottom and work your way up. You should see errors for that user. Copy and paste them here, but make sure to edit any sensitive info first.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
cellindo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: option - status
Carrier: XL & Indosat

have the same problem with calendar (not update in server while create new in handset) but i use Exchange 2007

anybody can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvalpreda View Post
BES Express 4.1.4 MR4. 5 users total. Exchange 2003 fully patched as of 1.4.2008 on a fully patched Windows 2003 Standard server.

I have multiple users who get emails, calendar/contact updates sent from Outlook, but when they update a contact on their device it does not update in Outlook. I had one user redo the enterprise activation which went fine, but now he is only getting emails and not any calendar/contact edits.

I have gone through and made sure all the permissions are correct on the server and at the user level.

I'm not sure which logs to look at to see what's going on. Pointers?
Closed Thread