Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Blackbuttah

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Angry My blackberry curve 8330 won't turn on

Please Login to Remove!

My curve - 8330 will not turn on. it doesn't flash any lights. it's completely non responsive. i brought it into a store and they tried both one of their batteries in it and one of their chargers and we got the same result. when it was opened up they came to the conclusion that something must be fried inside.

what i'm wondering is what could have caused this.

option 1:

i used my phone to play music through a very large sound system. one would assume that any power to a device as small as a blackberry or ipod would be set appropriately with a system's hook ups no matter how large it is (if it fits in the earphone jack why would it have a voltage too large for anything else?) it definitely drained my battery quickly as it was fully charged before i used it and it died quickly to zero power by the end of the few hours. with this said though, my phone isn't just dead, it won't turn on or even show signs of turning on. now the reason i'm curious is because my phone didn't simply turn off... at first it wasn't playing music on its own so i pulled the battery and Sandisk memory stick out and put it back in and i still had no results. however, the phone was still on and seemed to be operating as normal.

what im wondering is if anyone has come across problems with a large system or plugging things in. (maybe it's because the system was on when the cord was inserted into the blackberry? if anyone knows what i'm talking about if the volume is up you hear that large spark noise when the 2 are being connected) when i changed rooms and tried it on another system, as i said both my blackberry on its own wouldn't play and neither with the system.

option 2:

the latter brings me to my second possible reasoning which is that i had put some music on my Sandisk memory stick. I've heard that blackberries dont get viruses but maybe you can get one from Limewire and inadvertently from a memory stick? If i put a song onto my memory stick and that song had a virus what kind of possible effects have come if any to others? if anything i would think maybe just a few programs would delete or something but i never thought what happens in movies where you download a virus and ur system catches fire was just a myth. I haven't noticed any problems with my PC, as if i do have a virus on my computer from one of the songs i would expect the computer to do the same, though i have no antivirus software on my phone. and even then, is that what some viruses do - short circuit/whatever the term is a phone?

if anyone knows anything PLEASE let me know.

thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

option 1: the battery drained within a few hours due to playing music. this would be the same if you were playing through regular headphones.

option 2: not possible.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
Blackbuttah

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

so if option 2 is not possible and option 1 means it was drained, is the chance that the connection ruined my entire phone? the fact that the battery is drained makes sense to me but not the fact that it won't even respond to a fully charged battery or charger. (i have a docking station as well to charge my phone through the connection on the battery. so basically it won't work when i use the dock that charges the phone through the back, the usb cord that plus into the phone directly or the usb port that comes from my computer.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Only thing that Ive read here for this kind of thing, is take the battery out for 12-24 hours and then replace.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread