BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #81
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Phone Profile - GPS Integration -

An app that allows for profiles to be set based on the GPS location of the device. There would be a need for a default profile, and a GPS sensitivity/proximity setting. The last piece would be the UI to set the profile; Use Current, or Enter Coords, then set the profile to use.

This would allow for Quiet Profile when I get to the office, then when I leave for lunch (no matter what time) an auto switch to Normal Profile, then upon returning to the office the phone returns to the Quite Profile.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #82
s10xtremenlow
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Phone Profile - GPS Integration -

An app that allows for profiles to be set based on the GPS location of the device. There would be a need for a default profile, and a GPS sensitivity/proximity setting. The last piece would be the UI to set the profile; Use Current, or Enter Coords, then set the profile to use.

This would allow for Quiet Profile when I get to the office, then when I leave for lunch (no matter what time) an auto switch to Normal Profile, then upon returning to the office the phone returns to the Quite Profile.
Awesome idea...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #83
MBW
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110

Not push enough - all it tells me is that there's a message waiting - which I can read when I'm done driving - except I'm about to drive into a police fire fight or a tornado or a giant hole in the ground or a falling bridge - and don't know it.

/\/\\/\/
Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #84
LancePipes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Flash player.

I always get a good headline in Viigo and it leads to a Flash link that I can't play. It pisses me off!! Viigo project tango should be out pretty quick for beta testers...

LTP
Old 05-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #85
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePipes View Post
Flash player.

I always get a good headline in Viigo and it leads to a Flash link that I can't play. It pisses me off!! Viigo project tango should be out pretty quick for beta testers...

LTP

The beta has been out for a while...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-ota-link.html
Old 05-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #86
ubizmo

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Although these are things that belong in the OS...

1. An email app that conforms to basic email standards. I should be able to enter the app and find my mail in various folders, or under tabs, for each email account. I should be able to edit quoted text in email replies, with smart handling of '>' characters. I should be able to suspend and restore email delivery on any account from the device, without having to go to BIS on a desktop machine, so that if I cross the US border I can easily avoid massive data roaming charges. There should be a Trash folder for deleted mail, with optional nightly automatic emptying. These are all things that I was able to do on my Sidekick, and I think the BB should be able to do them as well.

2. An app that allows complete customization of hotkeys from the home screen. Again, this is something that should really be an OS feature, but since it isn't... If I want to assign 'J' to JiveTalk I should be able to do so.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #87
LancePipes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
The beta has been out for a while...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-ota-link.html
Thanks, man!! I got an email from Viigo over 2 weeks ago saying that I'd be sent a link for the official beta in a couple weeks. I guess I won't need to wait on that anymore.

LTP
Old 05-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #88
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
Although these are things that belong in the OS...

1. An email app that conforms to basic email standards. I should be able to enter the app and find my mail in various folders, or under tabs, for each email account. I should be able to edit quoted text in email replies, with smart handling of '>' characters. I should be able to suspend and restore email delivery on any account from the device, without having to go to BIS on a desktop machine, so that if I cross the US border I can easily avoid massive data roaming charges. There should be a Trash folder for deleted mail, with optional nightly automatic emptying. These are all things that I was able to do on my Sidekick, and I think the BB should be able to do them as well.

2. An app that allows complete customization of hotkeys from the home screen. Again, this is something that should really be an OS feature, but since it isn't... If I want to assign 'J' to JiveTalk I should be able to do so.
Solid ideas. I really like #2. I would really like to see a Macro engine on a mobile device. Macro Engine + shortcute app keys would be really nice.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #89
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

I would like to see an application that basically could combine email / call / sms / mms / pin blocking, but allow you to setup profiles of when to block each of them and also allow autoresponders. This idea has been somewhat successfully achieved via some Symbian S60 software, but none yet for the blackberry, yet...

Yes we have iCall and other programs that block either email, sms/email, calls, but I want all.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #90
DougMcCready
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

Two main things come to mind:

1. An application that resides in your email menu that allows you to save any (or all) attachments to your SD card. It does not have to know what type of file they are - just be able to save them to the SD card and in a selectable folder.

2. A good financial tracking application. Mobifinance has the right idea but falls short IMHO. I'm not talking a check register, but something that tracks all types of investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, assets), buys and sells, and links with OTA data for current updates. Bonus points for analytics such as charts with variable viewing periods, key stock metrics and ratings, profile details, etc. Maybe something that pulls together user selectable data from sites like MSN finance and Yahoo finance and allows me to analyze within this application.

Honorable mention:

a. A native PDF reader (I hear one is coming?)
b. A flash reader that integrates into the BB web browser for web sites with flash content.

Doug
Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #91
rleist

Model: 8703e

The abilty to have other calendar entries and sync (personal) that do not sync with the BES calendar. I want to track business and family agendas on the Blackberry but don't want personal entries on corporate servers or potentialy marking me busy during business hours. When you create a new appointment it would ask you which calendar you want it on. I've played with Google sync but it ends up sync everything with the BES and vice versa.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #92
sternebrau

Model: 8310

1) Threaded SMS

2) Gmail contacts sync

3) Scheduled call forwarding - I get horrible reception in my office, so when I'm there, I forward my calls to my desk phone. I'd like to be able to program in specific times to forward to either voicemail or my desk phone.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #93
chasmartin88

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel
Default Voice Recorder

I've heard many users say they'd like to see an application that allows one to record phone conversations. Nextel phones have it so I assume blackberry's should ALSO have it.

Voice Recorder/Phone Conversation Recorder with the option to email the conversations to your email for playback.

Today I bought software through a company that only allows directions through the phone...so I had to go purchase a tape recorder to record...If my blackberry did it I could've just used my phone instead!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #94
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

A To Do or Task program that is exactly like the ones I had when I owned the Palm PDAs. It was just great. It had a check box, date due, description, categories, priority. Best of all you could list the task based on these factors.

Yes there are many out and I am currently use Pockey Diary List but it's still too bloated for me. RIM's original supplied one is too simplistic on the other end of the spectrum.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #95
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

Number one for me is a memo application whereby when one hits the icon on the blackberry it automatically jumps to an open memo where you can start typing right away without hitting any other key, thus being able to catch a quick note with absolutely NO delay in action typing, this would be so cool or maybe RIM would just adjust the memo app to have this option.

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #96
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

Or an application called peditPro from the Palm platform, if we had this, it would be amazing

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 05-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #97
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernox View Post
A To Do or Task program that is exactly like the ones I had when I owned the Palm PDAs. It was just great. It had a check box, date due, description, categories, priority. Best of all you could list the task based on these factors.

Yes there are many out and I am currently use Pockey Diary List but it's still too bloated for me. RIM's original supplied one is too simplistic on the other end of the spectrum.
Just a thought, IdeaMatrix may work for you. It does have a lot of feature but sounds like something that might benefit you.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #98
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

I am aware of it. Over bloated and over engineered for me. Thanks though.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #99
PaulMdx

PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPilot View Post
How about a shopping list that when you click on the item to show it picked up, it asks the price so you have a running total of your bill before hitting the teller.

I always shop with my BB in calculator mode and the list on paper. Merging the two would be great.
You can probably implement what you want using a spreadsheet app like GridMagic, which is free for the community edition. Leave the top line for the total, then list all your shopping. Fill in the price as you go and the top line can contain a SUM() function to add up the prices column. You could even support a cost per item and buying N items.

Last edited by PaulMdx; 05-31-2008 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #100
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

How about an email scheduler.
The user can compose a message and schedule its release for a later time.
This is can be done on Outlook Exchange now.

LET'S GO CANES!