BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Default Leather Cases: Sena vs. Vaja, which do you prefer?

Please Login to Remove!

I am going to get one of these two cases soon, and I would like to hear from those of you out there who have experience with either one (or both cases for those accessory-happy types like lgreenberg... ).

Here is the Sena case coming out soon:

I really like the look of it, and I know they have a great reputation, but I have never owned one. Here is the link to their website with more pics of the cases: http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=387

Here is the Treo 650 version of the case to be released by Vaja soon:

Of course the colors will be different, but this is the basic idea. I also really like the look of this case, but it does have a snap type closure on it instead of the magnet type closure on the Sena case. Plus this case will cost about twice as much as the Sena case, and I don't know if it is worth the extra cost.
Here is the link to Vaja's site: http://www.vajacases.com/index.html

So, for those of you in the know, please provide your advice, pros, cons and general opinions on these two cases. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830

They are both outstanding cases, I have owned both, as well as the Piel Frama cases. So it is more of a matter of whether you prefer chocolate or vanilla, oranges or apples.

Ultimately, I prefer the Krusell cases, which are now on their website and will be available within the next two weeks. You can get them in any color or leather that you want so long as it is smooth black leather.

The multiadapt system is outstanding and it allows several clip options plus car, motorcycle and bicycle options.

Last edited by AlbertoM; 01-21-2006 at 11:30 PM..
Old 01-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
killerkroc

Model: 8700r

I love the look of the vaja....hopefully it comes out soon for the 8700!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
lgreenberg

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

I personally feel Vaja makes the best cases around.

I just wish they were planning on making an Ivolution case for the 8700 instead of the standard flip case.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
Seattle18

Model: Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg
I personally feel Vaja makes the best cases around.

I just wish they were planning on making an Ivolution case for the 8700 instead of the standard flip case.
But the iVolution leaves some vital parts exposed, right?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
lgreenberg

It does not have a portion which protects the screen. However, the way the device sits in the case the screen is set back a bit which does offer some security. I prefer to simply carry my device in my pocket and therefore have a need for a flap. I would feel somewhat nervous carrying the Ivolution style case on my belt.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I have had a few Vaja cases for my iPaqs. They are the tops in quality. The one I am using now and for the last couple of years is the iVolution case for my latest iPaq. The iVolution case is the most protective and the rounded edges is the nicest and most comfortable. However, they don't make the iVolution for many models and with the iVolution type of case you won't have the privilege of using the sleep mode in a holster.

After all that is said, I must say that I like the Fortte case I got. I think mostly for it's well thought out design.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
AlbertoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester
After all that is said, I must say that I like the Fortte case I got. I think mostly for it's well thought out design.
I should have mentioned the Bellagio/Fortte. Also an outstanding case and one of the few that you can have personalized.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:31 AM   #9
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I had an Ivolution case with my Treo 650 and the case was beautiful but I didn't like it. the leather came too close to the outside keys and it made them hard to press.

Sena is not too far from me so I may stop by and try a case out to see how it affects the outer keys.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
lgreenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester
The iVolution case is the most protective and the rounded edges is the nicest and most comfortable.
I think that depends on which model iVolution case you own.

Some of the iVolution case have no cover for the screen. I'm not sure I'd say a case like that is the "most protective."

Their iVolution design with the flip cover however does offer protection for the screen.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
mortgageguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

The only problem for me is the clip style. It looks like it protrudes too much. I hate having my phone sit an inch out from my body. The Krussell is the same way. I just ordered one from Nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
I am going to get one of these two cases soon, and I would like to hear from those of you out there who have experience with either one (or both cases for those accessory-happy types like lgreenberg... ).

Here is the Sena case coming out soon:

I really like the look of it, and I know they have a great reputation, but I have never owned one. Here is the link to their website with more pics of the cases: http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=387

Here is the Treo 650 version of the case to be released by Vaja soon:

Of course the colors will be different, but this is the basic idea. I also really like the look of this case, but it does have a snap type closure on it instead of the magnet type closure on the Sena case. Plus this case will cost about twice as much as the Sena case, and I don't know if it is worth the extra cost.
Here is the link to Vaja's site: http://www.vajacases.com/index.html

So, for those of you in the know, please provide your advice, pros, cons and general opinions on these two cases. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
AlbertoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgageguy
The only problem for me is the clip style. It looks like it protrudes too much. I hate having my phone sit an inch out from my body. The Krussell is the same way. I just ordered one from Nutshell.
Fortunately (or unfortunately, as the case may be) my body protudes that extra inch....
Old 01-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #13
BBmertz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

I look the look of the cases like the one from Sena with a protective flap and magnetic closure, but doesn't the flap get in the way when using the phone?

For this reason, I prefer the design of cases like the Vertical Pouch PDA case from Fortte where I can easily take the BlackBerry out of the case. I just ordered the Sport Foam Holster case from www.blackberrystuff.com as pictured in the BlackBerryForums at http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=22170 and will reply to that thread to describe how I like it after it is delivered on January 25th.
Closed Thread