BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #61
wumbo2

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks. I also tried the batch file from rcjr but when I upload the .cod file created, it states: "Unable to display file/Media Card/BlackBerry/Games/MeBoy.cod" I'll try the tip ypu gave me though, Sith_Apprentice.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #62
wumbo2

Should I use the Roxio Media Manager on the DM or Windows Explorer?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #63
wumbo2

Alright Sith, with your instructions, I have opened the cmp.exe. Then this appears: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>. Then there is a flashing cursor and I sont know what to type there since every time I write down the directory it says that it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I need the steps, sorry.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #64
Jennyfurrr03

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjr View Post
You can use any text editor such as notepad to write a .alx file that desktop manager will recognize to load the .cod files. It would look something like this:
<loader version="1.0">
<application id="Name of App">
<name>Name of App</name>
<description>Some Description</description>
<version>App Version</version>
<vendor>Vendor Name</vendor>
<copyright>Not needed but can be anything</copyright>
<fileset Java="1.0">
<files>
list of .cod file names that you would like to load. Each on a seperate line.
net_rim_theme_RKRW.cod

</files>
</fileset>
</application>
</loader>

when you save this file make sure you give it the .alx extension and save it to the same directory as your .cod files. Then desktop manager will recognize it and load the .cod files to your BB. It also gives you the option to remove these files at a later date also using desktop manager.
Worked like a charm!! Thanks so much.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #65
mizuki

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

I've been trying this all week (manually and with the .bat script) with no luck. I'm just trying to convert WLIrc and QuickIM free express version. I don't get any errors, but I get a warning stating "No definition found for exported static routine: .main(String[])"

Last edited by mizuki; 06-04-2008 at 12:33 AM..
Old 06-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #66
EmilieL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Carrier: idk

Okay... I have an MDS Studio application that I want to upload on the BB via the USB cable...

The problem is, I tried doing it with the first method described (converted my jar to a jad and then created .cod files)
I uploaded the cod files via the application webloader... it said the installation worked but no icon showed on the ribbon
also tried to make an alx... same thing.. no icon on the ribbon

When I use the media center, I can only access "media files" (I can see audio, video and pdf files but I can't browse to select the .jar and .jad)

If i try to drag and drop de .jar and .jad, the media center dies..

any other idea?

Edit :

I noticed that when I run the rapc command, the files are created but a warning appears :
No entry point...
Maybe that's why I can't see the icon on the ribbon.. 'cause it doesn't know what to load?
Anyone knows how to declare an entry point?

Last edited by EmilieL; 06-09-2008 at 10:32 AM..
Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #67
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but this whole jaD, jaR and cod/alx file thing has me confused.

I was given a link to a jad file. I downloaded it. But now what? I tried using Media Player's EXPLORE but it did not work.

Is there some way to either install a JAD file from my Desktop Computer or convert it to either a JAR file or a cod/alx combination which I can load using DesktopManager?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #68
tdscott

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel --> Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc_metal View Post
Another question - if I have a .jad file from Mobile Google Maps (version 1.3.0), how could I deploy this if I don't have a .jar file? This would be the .jad file you can download from Googles mobile maps service online.

I sent a support request through Google, but this is a question I think that doesn't necessarily revolve around GMaps specifically.

Rob
if anyone could answer this question, it would be extremely fantastic.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #69
tdscott

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel --> Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdscott View Post
Seriously, if anyone knows the answer, share your knowledge... please.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #70
bitbucket

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdscott View Post
OK, I'm not really a pro at this - but a .jad file appears to be just a text header. The real meat with all the binary code is in the .jar file. Basically, a .jad file without its .jar file is useless.

Sorry.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #71
GrandMstrBud
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: 2075BBB4
Carrier: Carrier

I'm having problems converting .jad files to .alx or .cod files so I can load OTA applications through the desktop manager. Is there an easy way to do this?

Resolving
Warning!: No entry points found
java.lang.Object: Warning!: No definition found
Optimizing
Error!: No classes found
Old 11-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #72
memoipn

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Telcel
Default HELP!!! .cod file not generated...

Hi, I'm new to this forum... my name's Guillermo and I'm from Mexico... I need to generate the .cod file to be executed on a blackberry device... I've already copied the JAR and JAD files to the bin directory of my RIM JDE installation folder, and I executed this command on a DOS command line:

rapc import="c:\Archivos de programa\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=Main.java -midlet jad=Revista.jad Revista.jar

And when the process finishes, it says there was NO errors, so the .cod file is suposed to be created, but it wasn't... I tried searching it with the windows search utility but it doesn't appear anywhere...

Any idea? I'll be thankful with your help...
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #73
ChestR_MolestR
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

Do a search for this program j2a pro. Its made by brandon. I got bought the full version well worth the money. Really simple to use and you can convert folders or even zip files at a time. I had over 20 000 jars to convert and try out and using the batch files can be long and frustrating. Specially when you find out that the game you jave been trying to convert isn't compatible with your berry. He always has a free version of the prog.

On a side note if you really want I can send you the batch files I had made or modified.

If there are any developers or programmers out there that know or can port games and apps I would be willing to share my full jar,sis and prc collection to work with.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 AM   #74
ksylvan

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

I tried the above process on the Google Mail application. The application was installed on my 8320 running OS 4.5.0.81, but trying to run it, I get: "Error Starting GoogleMail: Module GoogleMail attempts to access a secure API."

How do I get around this?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #75
Botho177

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjr View Post
I wrote a batch file that will allow you to create the cod and alx files from a java midlet. Remember to save your .jad and .jar files to the same directory.

Here is the text of the batch file, just copy and paste the text into notepad and save as yourfilename.bat then run the batch file and bingo you have your .cod, .jad, .jar, and .alx files all in the same folder. This will allow you to load the program to your blackberry using the blackberry desktop manager instead of using loader.exe then when you run the application loader it will recognize the program and you shouldn't have to re-install it.
I´ve got the problem that the batch file -it works- can´t find the .jar file.

I entered following when asked for complete path where jar and jad files are located: I:zelda/
...jar file?zelda

Please, help!

best regards
Botho
Old 07-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #76
GRollinsjr

Model: 8830w
Carrier: Sprint
Default Beat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc_metal View Post
Another question - if I have a .jad file from Mobile Google Maps (version 1.3.0), how could I deploy this if I don't have a .jar file? This would be the .jad file you can download from Googles mobile maps service online.

I sent a support request through Google, but this is a question I think that doesn't necessarily revolve around GMaps specifically.

Rob
I beat this after devoting an entire afternoon to trying to figure it out. Im a dummy. If you have the BB JDE open the JAD file up and scroll down to the adresses where the COD files are listed. If you DL those and upload them to you BB using the Java loader you save yourself from DLing all of these very useful apps.
Closed Thread