jjr4884
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default My sim says my telephone number is 30 digits long

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

Just got a Curve 8520... however an unlocked test phone, I didn't get it from Tmobile.. Anyway, everything is set up fine however when I dial out, it shows my number as i'm dialing. No big deal, but it shows my 10 digit telephone number then about anther 20 digits after that... wtf?

Its causing me to not be able to see the person i'm calling....

Can I fix this? Is it like that because its an unlocked "research in motion" phone?

I went to advanced options and checked out my SIM, however it doesn't allow me to edit that long ass number

Any help would be great, thank you all

J
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

If this is a pre-release model, with the sticker that says "Property of Research in Motion", then you probably can't alter it. These devices were never intended to get outside the protective confines of RIM and were for early testing purposes only. Usually RIM de-activates the PIN on these when the model is finally released to the public.

Folks pay big $$ to get them, just to have the model before anyone else is sporting it, and then find they've bought a bill of goods. Often you cannot update them, install apps, and they get shut down by RIM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
jjr4884
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

gotcha, thanks for the info....

FYI the apps work fine, at least the few that i have....
Closed Thread