BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
BiikeMike
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default The Calendar is driving me CRAZY!

Please Login to Remove!

I really can't stand the Blackberry Calendar! It's a bad enough program in and of itself, with no color coding, bolding the day numbers for all day events instead of putting dots on them, painful input, etc.

But not being able to sync with my Mac is just killing me! I always get double events, I get crazy recurring events with no title, etc. I just don't understand why RIM won't support Macs!

I often find myself longing for my Treo again, with its color coded events, and a Mac program to keep everything together that ran flawlessly! If only the darn thing didn't crash all the time!

Sorry for the vent, I'm just going crazy, and I'm thinking about giving up this 8830. I don't know what to do....
Old 01-27-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

this might be better suited for the rants and raves forum. I have three calendar choices on my device (8120) and have events color coded for the different calendars. (Shows in the week view not the month view) It appears it is a function of the 4.3 OS from what i can tell. My 8130 also has this feature.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 01-28-2008 at 12:01 AM..
Old 02-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiikeMike View Post
I really can't stand the Blackberry Calendar! It's a bad enough program in and of itself, with no color coding, bolding the day numbers for all day events instead of putting dots on them, painful input, etc.

But not being able to sync with my Mac is just killing me! I always get double events, I get crazy recurring events with no title, etc. I just don't understand why RIM won't support Macs!

I often find myself longing for my Treo again, with its color coded events, and a Mac program to keep everything together that ran flawlessly! If only the darn thing didn't crash all the time!

Sorry for the vent, I'm just going crazy, and I'm thinking about giving up this 8830. I don't know what to do....
What are you using to sync? I use missing sync and haven't had any problems. I do agree the calendar on the 8830 is lacking. I too miss the color coding the Treo had. The said, I would never go back to the Treo if they gave me for free.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
ntegrt
Thumbs Must Hurt

ArgonNJ - you are using Missing Sync, right? Are you syncing with iCal or Entourage? I am having all kinds of problems getting my calendar to sync and there tech support stinks. Very slow to respond and the responses are inneffective to resolve my issue. I can pay $60.00 to them and MAYBE get some help. Just curious though.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntegrt View Post
ArgonNJ - you are using Missing Sync, right? Are you syncing with iCal or Entourage? I am having all kinds of problems getting my calendar to sync and there tech support stinks. Very slow to respond and the responses are inneffective to resolve my issue. I can pay $60.00 to them and MAYBE get some help. Just curious though.
iCal.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
ntegrt
Thumbs Must Hurt

I finally got it to work with both iCal and Entourage. Took forever - and no help from Missing Sync support. I experimented with a variety of things. What worked was going into the sync settings for calendar and changing the settings on the bottom where it says Sync __All Events or you can set a date parameter and I set it for 6 month before now and 6 months after now. That solved my issues. From that point on it all sync'd fine. I did reset the sync history in iSync and then rebooted, battery pull on bb also.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

When Unite comes out you will be able to sync multiple calendars, just my 2 cents.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

from everything i have seen, dont think Unite will work with Mac OS, think its a Windows thing
Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

You would think by now they would make them more compatible....