Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #162
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Yes. But a private investor announced the same amount (someone correct me on exact figure) during the Apple SDK release to develop applications for the iPhone. People have been lining up for iPhone development in droves from what I understand.
I agree completely something like $100 million dollars (dr evil) fund. RIM should if they haven't already come to terms with the fact that this is no longer just a corporate email device. RIM is marketing it to the consumer, prosumer and business class so they need to support the developers and with that continue to grow.

On thing has me thinking about RIM outages, .MAC outages, Twitter etc. Are they all (I'm talking about services) having issues with scaling like Twitter is? Has RIM grow so big that they are having issues with that? Will .MAC/MobileMe have the same issues. Its a question that has to be asked regardless of which platform you are on, isn't it?
Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #163
PPCMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
Looking at what is available for Blackberry right now they have a number of lines covered often with more then one option:

IM
GPS mapping
Location Based Services
Media playback (I agree limited)
Expense Tracking
Time Tracking
I am sure Apple has their reasons for locking out say location based services, GPS and a few others mentioned in their legal info SDK etc. but RIM has no such issue allowing 3rd part GPS and location based services. I guess RIM doesn't mind others making money in areas others companies do.

Last edited by PPCMD; 06-15-2008 at 10:40 AM..
Old 06-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #164
PPCMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Yeah I just rewatched the SDK presentation and fast forwarded to the fund part. Your right. Despite Android platform only getting $10 million in stimulus, I think it will do the best in application development ... especially in the open source arena. Apple will have a wealth of professional software, and BB will not change much.
I wonder if Google just tossed out $10 million to see what would hatch, they certainly can through out tons more later once they actually get a phone working.

On the Apple fund, is that Apples cash or a private equity firms cash? If its Apples then that would raise a few questions about the first round winners and their association with the fund manager, if its the fund managers (private equity firm) then it really raises questions because if it was the former then Apple should be concerned about inside stuff and its the latter then business as usual.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #165
PPCMD

OS 4.6 is also updated and much better based on what we have seen, I have not see OS 2.0 for Apple yet so I can't compare it to what I have seen on OS 1.0

This thread is Bold vs iPhone is it not, so basic features are just as important as advance ones wouldn't you agree!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #166
stranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: rogers(thiefs)

Visually 2.0 is exactly the same it is the features that have been updated. You can check them out on the apple website.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #167
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
I wonder if Google just tossed out $10 million to see what would hatch, they certainly can through out tons more later once they actually get a phone working.

On the Apple fund, is that Apples cash or a private equity firms cash? If its Apples then that would raise a few questions about the first round winners and their association with the fund manager, if its the fund managers (private equity firm) then it really raises questions because if it was the former then Apple should be concerned about inside stuff and its the latter then business as usual.
It is a private firms cash.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #168
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
I am sure Apple has their reasons for locking out say location based services, GPS and a few others mentioned in their legal info SDK etc. but RIM has no such issue allowing 3rd part GPS and location based services. I guess RIM doesn't mind others making money in areas others companies do.
Maybe not RIM, but certain carriers do. I won't mention them as I don't want to get Dawg all worked up.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #169
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Maybe not RIM, but certain carriers do. I won't mention them as I don't want to get Dawg all worked up.
Let it go dude! Why are you always trying to incite??? It's getting very, very, old!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #170
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticities View Post
not really, considering there are phones far "worse" than the bold and iphone that can easily copy and paste. it's not off topic when the thread in its entirety is comparing the two phones.
exactly
Old 06-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #171
Rat_Boy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

I don't know why people have to get so hostile or only bring up the the things one device can't do when trying to boost their device of choice when comparing the two devices.

They both have simple things they can't do.

iPhone cant MMS or Copy and Paste.

Bold can't synch your stuff to a web application.

They both have their flaws and in the end, people will pick the one who's flaws don't matter to them.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #172
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Some just want to incite other members (most are long time members) into a fight / argument....

Kris
Old 06-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #173
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Let it go dude! Why are you always trying to incite??? It's getting very, very, old!!!!!!!!!!
You need to relax. I wasn't inciting anything and has nothing to do with you. I know Dawg gets worked up when someone mentions Verizon and GPS, It was a friendly dig at him.
You don't like me, so don't read my posts or just block them so you don't have to even see me.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #174
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Argon you dont bother me at all. I dont loose sleep over what you say. If you want to continue looking silly by bringing up the GPS go ahead I am not going to respond to it after this post. All the people who keep saying VZW is locking down the devices they are the idiots not me.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #175
stranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: rogers(thiefs)

sooo...how about that blackberry.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #176
RobM

Model: 8800
PIN: 240721B8
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

I actually have both right now (not the bold) but the 8800 and an iphone (1st version). I must say that the iphone is addicting but there are some things that seem pretty obvious but apple just didn't do it. I will not be doing the iphone 3g right off the bat because I am in an area that is not covered by 3g (and to set things straight, my buddy bought me the iphone) but you find yourself messin' with the iphone alot
Old 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #177
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20FA40E8

Quote:

No .... actually Google tossed their money in their first. I remember watching the announcement several months ago. I just have no interest in Android until I actually get a chance to play with one. I don't argue about deviced I know nothing about.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #178
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
I actually have both right now (not the bold) but the 8800 and an iphone (1st version). I must say that the iphone is addicting but there are some things that seem pretty obvious but apple just didn't do it. I will not be doing the iphone 3g right off the bat because I am in an area that is not covered by 3g (and to set things straight, my buddy bought me the iphone) but you find yourself messin' with the iphone alot
I'm switching back to a BB after using the iPhone for almost a year. Yes, Apple got a lot right, but some of the stuff they got wrong was pretty big. And it seems like they're not interested in correcting it (MMS, copy/paste, etc). I just feel like I can do more with a BB, especially the Bold.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #179
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
You need to relax. I wasn't inciting anything and has nothing to do with you. I know Dawg gets worked up when someone mentions Verizon and GPS, It was a friendly dig at him.
You don't like me, so don't read my posts or just block them so you don't have to even see me.
Why don't you just quit posting your garbage and trying to bait posters into arguments....

Be gone, infest another forum with your attitude please....

Kris
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #180
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Why don't you just quit posting your garbage and trying to bait posters into arguments....
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I for one do not agree.

Quote:
Be gone, infest another forum with your attitude please....
You may want to do something about yours. You are bordering on the edge of hostility with you posts towards me, especially since none of my posts ever have anything to do with you. You are not a mod as your signature clearly states, stop trying to act like one.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 06-16-2008 at 09:42 PM..
Closed Thread