BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
Fitzy

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Vodafone
Talking Could not create users state database (File does not Exist 0x013)

Please Login to Remove!

Error message on console: "Could not create users state database (File does not Exist 0x013)"
Setup: Domino Server 6.5.4 HF102
BES 4.0.4.8 = SP4 hotfix2

Issue: Two user, both received new BB (8700) so it was a simple job of resetting the activation password. I deleted the accounts and recreated them as the password activation was timing out so I thought it may have been the accounts. I also deleted the state database.

Went to recreate the accounts and received the above message. So I got on the phone to RIM and they sent me a tech note KB-03273. I'll paste it in at the end but in short I had a corrupted State database template (BBSD.ntf). The document suggested running the normal domino maintenance over the database which I did but to no avail. Reading the document I found that I was missing a template called Blackberry Directory Template (BBDir.ntf), which suprised me a little because now I have looked around I don't think I have ever had it. The RIM technnician suggested I download the SP again, expand it and then copy the template up to the server. Once this was done then I could get the user re-registered. This all sounded OK to me until I found then when I downloaded the SP this template was not there.

Reading through the Forum this evening I came across a post regarding the profiles database. So I checked mine and low and behold the user were still there ( not under deleted view) and so I recreated their state database with the correct file name and the message on the console is now gone and I will wait for the user to activate their blackberry.

I must remember the simple steps to trouble shoot, I totally forgot about the profiles database. Must learn more about it.

Please forgive any spelling mistakes and I will let RIM know what I did.

Last edited by Fitzy; 11-27-2006 at 09:04 AM..
Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Hey Fitzy, the missing NTF file is a known issue for 4.0 sp4. Actually upgrade to 4.0 sp6 (latest) and you do not have to worry about this issue.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
Fitzy

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi No Name,

Thanks for the info, appreciate this. Will save me some time.
Closed Thread