Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Default Verizon 8830 Voicemail Indictor

Please Login to Remove!

Hola. Can I get some feedback from Verizon users, especially those with an 8830 device running 4.2 OS?

I need to confirm that when you receive a voicemail message, you get both the sms text message AND the little vmail indicator at the top of the main page telling you that there is a voicemail.

We recently blocked all text messaging via IT Policy (long story, but it will save over $3K a month). I have a user with a Verizon 8830 that says she does not get the indicator at the top of her screen. Before I tell her to do a battery pull, I want to confirm that she should be seeing that little icon.

If you do get the icon, could youy do a quick test for me? Can you turn off receiving the sms message (Options -> Security Options -> Firewall -> Block SMS messages), and make sure you still get that icon at the top of the screen for a voicemail?

My Sprint 8330 (with 4.5) works fine for the indicator...so I want to double check for a Verizon device.

Thanks!