BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Slide in/out holster with no flap?

Please Login to Remove!

Does such a thing exist? A pouch style holster, with belt clip, that the 8300 simply slides in and out of from the TOP, with NO flap. Basically, the OEM leather holster but with no flap, I hate flaps.

Something like the OEM 7100 case, which is Nylon, or the 7250/7520 which is leather. These are the perfect style cases IMO, as I only carry my blackberry on my belt facing upward in a vertical fashion, never horizontal.

ex:
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
webcrawler

PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

I Just got this yesterday and I am quite happy with it. I can still keep it in my pocket. Supports sleep mode and has sleeve for trackball:

Amazon.com: RIM BLackberry OEM Vinyl Pocket Case, Black for Blackberry 8300 Curves HDW-14090-001: Cell Phones & Service
Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ufnortunately, the OEM vinyl pocket has no clip, so I can't wear it on the belt I wish they had a version just like that WITH clip.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
epm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDClown View Post
... as I only carry my blackberry on my belt facing upward in a vertical fashion, never horizontal.

ex:
http://a763.g.akamai.net/7/763/1644/...1/VPID/3766553
Just curious, doesn't it get in the way when you sit down? Or get pushed up out of the holster? I'd be worried that it would slip out and hit the ground without the flap.

And on the subject of holsters, the OEM holster belt clip sure digs in - the tab that you squeeze to open the jaws of the clip are bent just enough to irritate. I like the rotating holster, it's just not very comfortable.

Cheers,
~epm
Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Why not purchase the flap version and cut off the flap?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Why not purchase the flap version and cut off the flap?
I may do that. My boss has the flap version. I am going to take a look at his and see if I can cut off the flat and sew the leftover material clean, or just remove it entirely by using a stitch-remover. I have to also confirm the case is 'tight' enough to hold the device in and it doesn't rely on the flat alone for security.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Mine, OEM holster, it appears I could cut the flap off with a razor just above the seam and it is behind the clip somewhat, so it would never show. Plus that side of the holster is toward the body, hidden.

But--let me make this warning; you don't want your BB flopping out of the case on your hip. The old plastic holster RIM provided was known as the "launcher" for the reason that people's blackberrys would launch across the room, etc.

The flap on mine closes magnetically and opens with only a flick of the finger. Very easy.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
sdetweil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch

I didn't think I would like the flap style holder either, but it has been ok.. no interferance getting the phone out.. and only occasional issues getting the phone back in. (in the car, with the seat belt on mostly)

Like it overall.

Sam
Old 08-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
sickchilly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20CFA98A

Finally, someone who sees this world the same as me! I carry this one in (clipped to) my front pocket and simply cut the flap off:
BerryShack >> Accessories >> Cases >> Top Pouches >> Smartphone Experts TopPouch
Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
Finally, someone who sees this world the same as me! I carry this one in (clipped to) my front pocket and simply cut the flap off:
BerryShack >> Accessories >> Cases >> Top Pouches >> Smartphone Experts TopPouch
Does that pouch support sleeper mode? That flap looks very easy to take off and I like the flat front style more then the OEM case, but I must have sleeper mode support so I can use the in and out of holster profiles.

I looked at the OEM leather case with flap. It's fairly easy to pull the phone out without having to open the flap, but putting it back in sucks. The phone stays is nice and secure without the flat. Over time, the elastic will stretch, but I think it will be just fine, just like my 7100i case.

I'm not sure if I can cut the flap off the OEM case at the top seem w/o screwing up the stiching for the main case itself.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I have that pouch and it's great. It does indeed support sleeper mode. Sometimes I use that and sometimes I use the basic leather beltclip with the flap and magnet closure. It's all good, but I would be interested in an 8300 version of the topelss beltclip ala the one for the 7105t pictured in the OP.
Closed Thread