BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #21
Doubledge

Model: .
PIN: N/A
Carrier: CINGULAR

Please Login to Remove!

Is anyone getting any type of two way sync yet?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
cliffr39
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

two way sync worked just fine for me with yahoo. I received a new email, read it on the BB and on mail.yahoo.com it shows as read, then deleted it from mail.yahoo.com and it deleted automatically from the BB. All of it was instant.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #23
tomdkat

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledge View Post
Is anyone getting any type of two way sync yet?
im not
Old 06-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #24
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdkat View Post
all done we are now using 2.3
and whats so different/good about it ? I dont see any difference.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #25
tomdkat

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
and whats so different/good about it ? I dont see any difference.
BIS v2.3 offers subscribers several feature improvements:

Added Support for Yahoo! Mail and Gmail

Subscribers using a Yahoo!® Mail account will now have two-way synchronization of deletes to and from the Yahoo! Mail inbox, as well as two-way, virtual real-time synchronization of message status (read/unread). That means that when subscribers delete a message from their Yahoo! mail account, the message is also deleted on their BlackBerry (and vice-versa). And when they read a Yahoo! mail message on their BlackBerry, the message is immediately marked 'read' in their Yahoo! mail account. There's no need to manage messages twice. Also, subscribers using a Gmail® account are no longer required to enable POP (Post Office Protocol) before integrating their Gmail account with their BlackBerry service. And subscribers now experience virtual real-time (instead of poll-based) delivery of Gmail messages.

Delivery Receipts and Read Receipts

Subscribers will have the ability to know when an email message has been successfully delivered and read to another user who is using BlackBerry. If the Sender and Recipients have enabled this Delivery Status Notification,a "D" will appear over the sent message checkmark in the message list of the Sender when the message has been successfully delivered to all or some of the Recipients and an "R" will appear over the sent message checkmark in the message list of the Sender when the message has been successfully read by all or by some of the Recipients. The Sender can open this sent message to view which Recipients have received the message. Users can enable this feature in the Messages application by selecting Options/Email Settings and changing the status of Delivery Receipts to "Yes" and selecting Options/Email Settings and changing the status of Confirm Read to "Yes". Message recipients will then have the option to configure (Send Read Receipts) to: (a) always send read confirmations, (b) never send read confirmations, or (c) always be prompted for each message received. This feature requires BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2 or higher.

Auto-forwarding

Subscribers can have a copy of email messages that are sent to their mycingular.blackberry.net email address automatically forwarded to another third-party Internet mail account. This feature is ideal when subscribers need easy access to mail sent to their BlackBerry email address (which is only viewable from the device) from a desktop browser as well. Auto-forwarding can be set for all incoming messages, or just messages with attachments.

Easy-viewing slideshow format

With BlackBerry Internet Service, subscribers can view popular attachment formats on the move, including JPEG, BMP, TIFF, RTF, Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint®, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe PDF. And now, PowerPoint presentations and PDFs can be viewed in a convenient slideshow format. This feature enhancement requires BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2 or higher.

Attachment uploading

Subscribers can attach files up to 3MB in size stored on their BlackBerry (i.e., pictures saved to the saved to the expandable memory card) to email or MMS messages.2 This BIS v2.3 service feature is only available on BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2

Voicemail attachment playback

Subscribers who get voicemail messages from work or home sent as email attachments (mp3 and WAV) can listen to these messages virtually anywhere, which makes it even easier to stay up-to-speed and responsive throughout the day.3 File size supported up to 500 KB.

Expanded Language Support

Subscribers can use their BlackBerry in the language they're most comfortable with. For the user interface, BlackBerry Internet Service now supports: English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Spanish, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (European), Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Turkish. And for email transport, BlackBerry Internet Service supports: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Russian, Swedish and Turkish. Plus, language selection can now be made right from the log-in screen, so subscribers can proceed with the set-up process in the language of their choice.

Wireless Meeting Requests

Subscribers can now save even more time each day by sending, receiving, accepting and declining wireless meeting requests between BlackBerrys.4 Requires BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.1 or higher.
Wireless Address Book Attachments
Now, subscribers can open electronic contact attachments (vCard format) using their BlackBerry. They can also add these contact details directly to their BlackBerry Address Book and even attach an address from their BlackBerry Address Book to any email they send.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
dozment

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

It looks like Yahoo does two-way sync, but gmail does not. Is that correct?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #27
Doubledge

Your right, only Yahoo has 2 way sync.

My Yahoo just kicked in and synced for the first time. I wonder if it just started or if it really will take several hours to sync.

Now if only they would just get 2 way IMAP syncing to work they would take over the world.

Last edited by Doubledge; 06-02-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledge
Your right, only Yahoo has 2 way sync.

My Yahoo just kicked in and synced for the first time. I wonder if it just started or if it really will take several hours to sync.

Now if only they would just get 2 way IMAP syncing to work they would take over the world.
I saw the post from someone who is seeing the sync happen quick. I've done my second test email to yahoo account, and it has been about two hours and it is still on the BB.

Last edited by aiharkness; 06-02-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Gmail deletes appear to be reconciling for me now and also the delivery options are there too.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #30
fkjr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdkat View Post
BIS v2.3 offers subscribers several feature improvements:

Added Support for Yahoo! Mail and Gmail

Subscribers using a Yahoo!® Mail account will now have two-way synchronization of deletes to and from the Yahoo! Mail inbox, as well as two-way, virtual real-time synchronization of message status (read/unread). That means that when subscribers delete a message from their Yahoo! mail account, the message is also deleted on their BlackBerry (and vice-versa). And when they read a Yahoo! mail message on their BlackBerry, the message is immediately marked 'read' in their Yahoo! mail account. There's no need to manage messages twice. Also, subscribers using a Gmail® account are no longer required to enable POP (Post Office Protocol) before integrating their Gmail account with their BlackBerry service. And subscribers now experience virtual real-time (instead of poll-based) delivery of Gmail messages.

Delivery Receipts and Read Receipts

Subscribers will have the ability to know when an email message has been successfully delivered and read to another user who is using BlackBerry. If the Sender and Recipients have enabled this Delivery Status Notification,a "D" will appear over the sent message checkmark in the message list of the Sender when the message has been successfully delivered to all or some of the Recipients and an "R" will appear over the sent message checkmark in the message list of the Sender when the message has been successfully read by all or by some of the Recipients. The Sender can open this sent message to view which Recipients have received the message. Users can enable this feature in the Messages application by selecting Options/Email Settings and changing the status of Delivery Receipts to "Yes" and selecting Options/Email Settings and changing the status of Confirm Read to "Yes". Message recipients will then have the option to configure (Send Read Receipts) to: (a) always send read confirmations, (b) never send read confirmations, or (c) always be prompted for each message received. This feature requires BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2 or higher.

Auto-forwarding

Subscribers can have a copy of email messages that are sent to their mycingular.blackberry.net email address automatically forwarded to another third-party Internet mail account. This feature is ideal when subscribers need easy access to mail sent to their BlackBerry email address (which is only viewable from the device) from a desktop browser as well. Auto-forwarding can be set for all incoming messages, or just messages with attachments.

Easy-viewing slideshow format

With BlackBerry Internet Service, subscribers can view popular attachment formats on the move, including JPEG, BMP, TIFF, RTF, Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint®, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe PDF. And now, PowerPoint presentations and PDFs can be viewed in a convenient slideshow format. This feature enhancement requires BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2 or higher.

Attachment uploading

Subscribers can attach files up to 3MB in size stored on their BlackBerry (i.e., pictures saved to the saved to the expandable memory card) to email or MMS messages.2 This BIS v2.3 service feature is only available on BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2

Voicemail attachment playback

Subscribers who get voicemail messages from work or home sent as email attachments (mp3 and WAV) can listen to these messages virtually anywhere, which makes it even easier to stay up-to-speed and responsive throughout the day.3 File size supported up to 500 KB.

Expanded Language Support

Subscribers can use their BlackBerry in the language they're most comfortable with. For the user interface, BlackBerry Internet Service now supports: English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Spanish, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (European), Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Turkish. And for email transport, BlackBerry Internet Service supports: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Russian, Swedish and Turkish. Plus, language selection can now be made right from the log-in screen, so subscribers can proceed with the set-up process in the language of their choice.

Wireless Meeting Requests

Subscribers can now save even more time each day by sending, receiving, accepting and declining wireless meeting requests between BlackBerrys.4 Requires BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.1 or higher.
Wireless Address Book Attachments
Now, subscribers can open electronic contact attachments (vCard format) using their BlackBerry. They can also add these contact details directly to their BlackBerry Address Book and even attach an address from their BlackBerry Address Book to any email they send.
wow! thanks!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #31
fkjr2

weird thing with yahoo just happened - I set the "sync delete" under BIS settings for Yahoo, and then sent books, pulled battery, a few minutes later I had two unread messages on my Curve and then it reconciled on its own and deleted the two messages off the curve!

Weird, because I didnt delete them on either side, anyone else see this?

Also, will this new BIS 2.3 allow us to move messages to saved folders on Yahoo? Or can we just save message like normal on the RIM?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #32
Berry One

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I saw the post from someone who is seeing the sync happen quick. I've done my second test email to yahoo account, and it has been about two hours and it is still on the BB.

It started to work for me after I deleted my yahoo address from blackberry, added it back and re-sent service books.

Read sync and delete sync started to happen instantly.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #33
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One View Post
It started to work for me after I deleted my yahoo address from blackberry, added it back and re-sent service books.

Read sync and delete sync started to happen instantly.
I was about to do that, but I opened Yahoo email on my desktop computer and sent another test email, then went to my blackberry to see that third test email. Well, the previous email that had been sitting on the BB was suddenly gone, as if the action of accessing the Yahoo email unleashed the message to the RIM server to delete the email. I'll probably go ahead and delete the yahoo email account from BIS and add it back just for grins. What the heck.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #34
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
I was about to do that, but I opened Yahoo email on my desktop computer and sent another test email, then went to my blackberry to see that third test email. Well, the previous email that had been sitting on the BB was suddenly gone, as if the action of accessing the Yahoo email unleashed the message to the RIM server to delete the email. I'll probably go ahead and delete the yahoo email account from BIS and add it back just for grins. What the heck.
OK...this is mostly cool. No, it's very cool. I deleted then setup the yahoo account on BIS again. Sent 6 messages from regular DSL email account to yahoo. All six show up on BB in a second. Then, I open three of them on the BB...nothing on Yahoo on the PC. Bummer. Click check mail in yahoo. Nothing. Ok, not so cool....But then I delete the other three in Yahoo as I'm looking at message folder on BB....Click, delete a message in yahoo on the PC, message deletes on the BB, *snap*, that fast. I'm watching the email disappear from the BB even as it is deleting from the yahoo inbox in IE. Same with the next two. Very, very cool. But, alas, the other three that are read on the BB are still unread in Yahoo even as I'm writing this. But, heh heh, this is still so cool. I'm going to give the new system time to balance out. I expect it will get better.

EDIT: I closed the yahoo tab in IE then re-opened a tab and went back to yahoo mail. The three emails are now read. I'm not sure I get it, but I'm happy. This is soooo cooool.

Last edited by aiharkness; 06-02-2007 at 07:34 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #35
cliffr39

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
EDIT: I closed the yahoo tab in IE then re-opened a tab and went back to yahoo mail. The three emails are now read. I'm not sure I get it, but I'm happy. This is soooo cooool.
The reason it didn't show read before is because Yahoo does not auto-refresh the browser very often. If you would have clicked on "Inbox" to the left it would refresh it right then and show "read"
Old 06-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #36
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
The reason it didn't show read before is because Yahoo does not auto-refresh the browser very often. If you would have clicked on "Inbox" to the left it would refresh it right then and show "read"
I figured the message list would have to be refreshed. Thought clicking check mail would do that. So, sent another test message to yahoo just now and opened it on the BB. Over the space of two or three, no more than five minutes, I clicked on the inbox, clicked check mail, inbox, check mail, inbox, check mail...then closed the tab and opened it again and went back to yahoo mail, repeated once or twice, and message still unread. Closed tab again and then went back to yahoo mail, and it was read. So, I guess for some reason the read sync is slower than what I saw with delete sync -- at least the two times I've paid attention to it. But I'm still sooooo happy with this. (How the heck does my action here translate through Yahoo to RIM to my BB so fast? I know speed of light and all that, but the servers! Man. I'm impressed.)
Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #37
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900

Ok here is my question... I know this isn't relevant to Gmail yet since its not 2 way but when it does become 2 way like Yahoo what will happen if you have set Gmail to Delete copies of emails once its acceses through Pop by Outlook... does that mean all the emails in the BB will be deleted? i guess it forces one to leave the mail in the inbox but then it requires logging in and doing more maintenance... just a thought
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #38
Doubledge

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yes. You are correct. Once you pop the account the messages would be removed from the bb. Personaly, this is why I use Yahoo mail.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #39
adkalra
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

For those that have Yahoo 2-way sync working, is it working in the new Yahoo interface or are you using the classic interface? My 2way does not work with the new interface, but works perfectly on the classic interface. (TMO, Pearl Newest Roger's Firmware)
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 AM   #40
Bacchus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FDC48E
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Default Jpgs being reduced

Quote:
Attachment uploading

Every time I save an attached jpg , it reduces the size . That way if I want to send it to someone else , I have to leave it in the mailbox , and fwd it .

I have been able to save only one photo that I could enlarge , regardless of how huge the original was . It's very weird , but the fact that one pic , anyway . It handles some very large photos from the web (can zoom into detail) that are VERY clear .

I hope this is fixed . I realized I had used it as a portfolio of sorts one day when I showed some photos I had sent to the phone . It was great , and unobtrusive ! And handy !
Closed Thread