BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
CEV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default What's the latest Verizon rumor?

Please Login to Remove!

May 1st has come and gone and still no OS update from Verizon. I have been patiently waiting, but becoming more and more frustrated. Last night right after a call my Storm decides to reboot for no reason, and it takes forever to come back up. I'm still running .75 and this thing is slow as heck. So anyone know what the latest rumor is for the new OS to come out?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

They never said what year.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEV View Post
May 1st has come and gone and still no OS update from Verizon. I have been patiently waiting, but becoming more and more frustrated. Last night right after a call my Storm decides to reboot for no reason, and it takes forever to come back up. I'm still running .75 and this thing is slow as heck. So anyone know what the latest rumor is for the new OS to come out?
EVERY time I talk to a VZN rep, I receive a rumor from them. The rumor never varies, however. It's always, "the update will be out in a few days". Honest. I live near a VZN store and have been in there at least 4 times in the last few weeks. The same thing holds true if I speak with the folks at the 800 support lines. Believe it when you SEE it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
CEV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
They never said what year.
LOL Perhaps the "Storm II" will be here before they get this one updated.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
WMedley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking

Quote:
They are waiting on the first solid release of OS 5.1......

j/k
Old 05-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
smoothspecv

If you don't mind running a leaked one...id recommend it. It'll be better than .75....
Old 05-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
LithiumNitrate
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Yesterday i was in my VZ store to buy a replacement phone charger, so at the register i ask: when's the official OS release coming?

"Any day now."

i left the store laughing. they've been saying this for months. i don't know how VZ can be such stupid idiots in handling this - are the higher ups just lying to their in-store reps? does anybody know anything at VZ? do they even care?

+5 for my desire to leave Verizon.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
ghamden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rumors

I think we have moved away from rumor to fact

They are on to other things finalizing Alltel deal negotiating for Iphone windows 7 devices

Ther have been four stable leaked OS's .113.122.132.and .141 any of these are far more stable than .075

Now are working on OS 5.xxx release ???? i don't think so

or as some have speculated this issues with storm are more than an OS update will fix.

From their viewpoint they have probaly lost a lot of money and quite a few customers except for those of us who will tweak to make it work.

But that will become old after awhile and we will move on

They know the storm 2 is in testing somewhere (supposed to be released q4 2009 or q1 2010)

So take your pick will release update tommorrow , moved on , hardware issues beyond software patch, new device release ...etc. etc.etc.

But they are stil getting i am assuming 30.00 /month BB services 60.00/month phone service multiply that by how many are in use 500,000 plus -- maybe only 10% are complaining you do the math.

As for myself if they update fine i am using .141 has cleared up a lot of issues

He who Ignores Discipline despises themselves

But whoever heeds correction gains understanding.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

CEV,

Download and install OS .132.

If you are still running .75, you will be extremely happy with .132.

The reason I advocate .132 over .141 is that .132 can be installed without having to perform further cracks or fixes. .132 is the most stable beta OS right now.

Try it and your experience will change for the better. I assure you.

Verizon 9530
Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
roban

Carrier: Credo

Installed the 141 yesterday and no issues so far. The 132 was ok as well.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by roban View Post
Installed the 141 yesterday and no issues so far. The 132 was ok as well.
How come you went to 141? Was there some feature you had heard about that you wanted, which wasn't in 132?
Old 05-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
pearlinSen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
How come you went to 141? Was there some feature you had heard about that you wanted, which wasn't in 132?
I went from .132 to .141 also. I think as long as it's not a hybrid i'm going to install it (i also always want the latest and greatest). If it's not good, i can always downgrade. Also, everyone has different experiences with the builds so you won't really know unless you see for yourself.

No offense here, but i have NO IDEA why anyone would wait for an official verizon at this point. Just bite the bullet and get on board. Trust me- you'll be thanking us. IMHO, i think .141 is super fast and i barely get any lag. The builds are definitely getting better over time.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlinSen View Post
I went from .132 to .141 also. I think as long as it's not a hybrid i'm going to install it (i also always want the latest and greatest). If it's not good, i can always downgrade. Also, everyone has different experiences with the builds so you won't really know unless you see for yourself.
True!! I have installed nearly every beta and had to downgrade only once which was more to do with a lousy install on my part.

And now...every time I upgrade to the newest beta, I think..."that's it.. it's fine.." But then a new one comes around and I stare at it, it stares back at me and taunts me to install it. I give in... install it... and yes.. the device seems a little more stable.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
jhalpinjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
The latest I heard was they are releasing .1,000,000,000 in the year 2024
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
kenjkelly

Model: 9300
Carrier: Simulator

Do the releases after .75 fix this problem: I call voicemail, switch from the excellent display that shows the speakerphone/mute etc. to the keypad, enter the voicemail code, NOW TRY TO GET BACK TO THE SCREEN WITH THE SPEAKER/MUTE ETC. Can't do it without some secret incantation.

<Rant -ON>
I expected a button on the screen (just like the one that got me to the keypad) OR I at least expected the ESCAPE key (back key) to act NORMALLY, like it does in all other applications. Instead it sends me HOME. Arrrggghhh. Where are RIM's UI people? Where was RIM's Storm product manager? Inexcusable!
<Rant-OFF>

So is that fixed in the >.75 releases?

Last edited by kenjkelly; 05-04-2009 at 07:36 PM..
Old 05-05-2009, 01:58 AM   #16
mdanese

Model: Tour
Default I am getting the bold

I am giving up on the Storm. I have tried the bootleg updates. They all have issues too. I am just waiting for someone to sue Verizon over the Storm . It will make me feel better, even if they don't win.

I guess it is time to move to ATT. Because I don't believe any of the Niagra/Tour rumors either.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #17
RustyJ671

Model: 9350

Don't run off to ATT so quick. I was an outstanding customer of theirs since cell phones came out (yes I had a bag phone). I've had the same number since 2001. Anyway, I called them last week and wanted to order a Bold. No problem! They offered me a $200 mail-in rebate, $100 premium customer upgrade discount and waive the upgrade fee. I said "Cool, send it!" Well, I got to work Tuesday and it still wasn't here. I called ATT. The nice lady said they had a record of me calling inquiring about the phone, but not ordering it. Then she told me that they couldn't offer me the same deal, so I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Then she started giving me some run around about having to request that a supervisor call me. I told her that while I wait for the supervisor that I would be shopping elsewhere. Wednesday, I picked up my new Storm from the Verizon store around the corner and still haven't heard from ATT.

Last edited by RustyJ671; 05-08-2009 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: forgot to add
Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
y2kcbr
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 3049E825

^^ /Points /Laughs...BagPhone!

Awesome! My first mobile phone (@ $.70c minute) was a Motorola flip phone back in 1991 I think.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #19
suicidepact
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I wouldn't even bother speculating on rumors. VZW should consider themselves really lucky that there are enough tech savvy users out there who can get os upgrades from places OTHER than Verizon. Otherwise I have a feeling that a lot of users would have brought their Storms back for a refund. I would have just on general principle. VZW's lack of further support in my opinion borders on negligence and is apalling from a business standpoint.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #20
dimberman

Default Voicemail solution for kenjelly

kenjelly,

No matter what release you have you can use this solution.

Edit your voicemail settings to include the pause and your password. This feature AUTOMATICALLY will enter your password for you so you are not scrambling to turn on the keypad during voicemail.

I hope this helps.

Now, if I can only have my Storm make my breakfast for me.....
Closed Thread