BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
simonmason

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default How to change signature on Internet email

Please Login to Remove!

I just turned on Internet email on my Bold using the option on the device. It allows me to view the signature but tells me I have to change it using a computer on the internet. I went to the Blackberry site and I try to register the PIN and it tells me it is already registered. When I request a new password it sends a PIN message to my Blackberry telling me that there is no device registered with that PIN! Anyone know how I can change my signature? I am using AT&T.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
digitalextremes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Robbers

that sounds messed up, the website tells you that you cannot register because your PIN is already attached to an account and when you request new password, you get a PIN saying no account found.

Is you BB unlocked? maybe it was used on a different carrier's BIS (T-Mobile or something else) and an account still exists on that BIS.

that's the only thing I can think of....in which case you might have to call your carrier who can then call RIM and get your PIN released.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

When you go to the BIS site (BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM) scroll to the bottom and pick your provider. For you you have to scroll another page to the bottom on AT&T) there is a "require assistance?" link. Click that and call the number (1-800-331-0500). Have them reset your device on the BIS site and then you should be able to re-register the phone and setup your email on the site. You should be able to change your signature there. It should take about 3 minutes to get your device reset on the BIS site. Stay on the phone with them until you get in.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Whoooooo-Kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

click where it says: Click here to continue directly to the BlackBerry Internet Service Login page

BlackBerry® Internet Service Login | AT&T wireless services
Old 11-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
836byK9

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Have you created a user name when you view the page from your phone. I had the same problem a few hours ago. When I went from a Curve to the Bold I had to recreate my user name for some reason. Work fine now. But the user name has to be made from your BB. Just agree to the condition and off you go. Once you create the user name you can log in from your computer and change your signature.

Last edited by 836byK9; 11-14-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I use the web on my computer to change things instead of using my BB. Here is the website if you need it.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Closed Thread