BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
LozanoC

Model: 8700g
Unhappy Synchronization Problems

Please Login to Remove!

I recently bought an 8700g BB. I installed the software and set up the BB with no problems (not using BES). I have been using the BB for almost two weeks, but now I am unable to synchronize with outlook 2003. Everything else seems to be working fine- backup, etc. The BB indicates that it is connected- i get a momentary "connected" indicator, then it just returns to the BB home screen. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
ajstan99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Welcome to the forum, Lozano. Before you can synchronize, you first need to use "Intellisync" in Desktop Manager to set which program (Outlook 2003) and which components (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes) you want to sync along with options like conflict resolution, filters for items to be synchronized, and such.

Then you can either synchronize manually by clicking the "Synchronize now" button, or set it up for automatic synchronization whenever you connect your device to the PC and Destop Manager is running.

Detailed instructions can be found in the Desktop Help Contents under "How do I ... ?" and "Synchronize". Start with "Set PIM synchronization items" and use the ">>" button to walk you through the entire process.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
LozanoC

Model: 8700g

Thanksyou ajstan99 for the response. When I first setup the BB I did all as you suggested and was able to synchronize with no problem. Everything was working fine until today when it just stopped working for no reason. It thinks its connected and goes through the motions but nothing happens.
Closed Thread