Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default Every little baby you save matters

Please Login to Remove!

Pam knows about the pain of considering abortion.

More than 21 years ago, she and her husband, Bob, were serving as missionaries to the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in a contaminated food or drink. She entered into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was pregnant.

Doctors urged her to abort the baby for her own safety and told her that the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted.

The doctors "didn't think of it as a life, they thought of it as a mass of fetal tissue," Pam said.While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times but refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband, "If you will give us a son, we'll name him 'Timothy,' and we'll make him a preacher."Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and, eventually, gave birth to a health baby boy August 14, 1987.

Pam's youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father's ministry in the Philippines. He also plays football. Pam's son is Tim Tebow.

Last year, the University of Florida's star quarterback, became the first sophomore in history to win college football's highest award, the Heisman Trophy. Tim's notoriety and the family's inspiring story have given Pam numerous opportunities to speak on behalf of women's centers across the country.She was the keynote speaker at the Oct. 23, 2008, benefit banquet for two Louisville ministries. A Woman's Choice Resource Center offers such services as free pregnancy tests, post-abortion counseling, adoption information, and material support. Necole's Place is a companion ministry that provides support services for women in need. Several Louisville-area Kentucky Baptist churches and Long Run Baptist Association help support both ministries.

A Woman's Choice board chairman, John Schmitt, reported at the banquet that in the 20 years since the resource center opened, 4,500 children have been saved from abortion -- 400 in this year alone.

Speaking of the thousands of lives saved, Pam Tebow said, "That just blows my mind. Every little baby you save matters."
Old 01-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

A great story and no doubt a great organization. Reiterates that people and women in this case are fully capable of good choices.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
A great story and no doubt a great organization. Reiterates that people and women in this case are fully capable of good choices.
Some people are capable of making good choices, no doubt about it but many are not. Once a child is conceived it is a LIFE, not a choice for someone to make. Abortion is the MURDER of the most innocent and defenseless of human life.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High

That's an inspiring story. She knew she was making the right decision in spite of what many others said. That took fortitude and a lot of it.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic View Post
Some people are capable of making good choices, no doubt about it but many are not. Once a child is conceived it is a LIFE, not a choice for someone to make. Abortion is the MURDER of the most innocent and defenseless of human life.
so you are against the death penalty? even for those Gitmo people that you hate so much?

if your reasons are based on Christian religious beliefs then its hypocritical to be for one and not the other since they are both covered by "Thou shall not murder"

Last edited by test54; 01-30-2009 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
dmead
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint

For years i worked with a man who was a very devout catholic. He spent 5 years training to be a Deacon. He told me that one of his biggest moral struggles was with the death penalty.

He is opposed.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
test54
BlackBerry Master

Its a tough issue for devout believers because the eye for an eye is certainly trumped by the law of God.

For unbelievers its really a morality question, is murder justified is there is a crime involved?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Its not tough at all. I am absolutely against abortion, the child didn't ask to be conceived he/she never had a say in why someone is murdering them.

A criminal on the other hand made the wrong choices and should be put to death immediately after sentenced.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Its not tough at all. I am absolutely against abortion, the child didn't ask to be conceived he/she never had a say in why someone is murdering them.

A criminal on the other hand made the wrong choices and should be put to death immediately after sentenced.
however "Thou shalt not kill" is pretty clear is it not? or is that one of the Old Testament things people ignore nowadays?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
so you are against the death penalty? even for those Gitmo people that you hate so much?

if your reasons are based on Christian religious beliefs then its hypocritical to be for one and not the other since they are both covered by "Thou shall not murder"
I've heard that weak argument before so let me "splain" it you just like I did to the last person who made that absurd comparison. The unborn child is completely defenseless and completely innocent of any wrong doing. It does not deserve to die, it deserves to be protected by those who are able to. The convicted murderer sitting on death row has had ample opportunity to defend himself or herself and has been found guilty of taking another persons life. That person made choices and those choices have consequences. Their life is taken in a very humane way although I doubt very seriously if they afforded their victim the same level of humanity. Whether you are pro-life or pro-death, for the death penalty or against it comparing the murder of an unborn child to the execution of a convicted murderer is a grotesque example of moral relativism gone bad. If you honestly can't distinguish between the two God help you......you need it.

Last edited by gadgetfanatic; 01-30-2009 at 04:33 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
however "Thou shalt not kill" is pretty clear is it not? or is that one of the Old Testament things people ignore nowadays?
What a petty, small statement.

Back on topic, capital punishment is wasn't.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

I am not 100% against abortion

I believe there are situations where it is warranted.

Rape

when the life of the mother is in danger

what I truly HATE is those who use abortion as a form of birth control

I have a former friend who has had 8+ abortions "because i'm not reay to be a mom"

WTF I looked at her told her to get out of my life
Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
test54
BlackBerry Master

I agree with EZ personally.

JSanders, why is that petty? and capital punishment is killing a human. motivation does not change the ending of a life does it? The Old Testament comment came from other threads where it was used as justification of certain things but it was no relevant to others.

just my opinion as the devil's advocate.

Last edited by test54; 01-30-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm with EZ-there are certain situations wher rational people would agree that abortion is the most humane choice.

I do not believe that it should be a decision based on convenience, however.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic View Post
Whether you are pro-life or pro-death, for the death penalty or against it comparing the murder of an unborn child to the execution of a convicted murderer is a grotesque example of moral relativism gone bad. If you honestly can't distinguish between the two God help you......you need it.
Moral relativism gone bad? Would that apply to the Popes banning capital punishment? certainly a devout Biblical scholar of that stature should be on God's side of the issue right?

As for the abortion issue, I say let the states determine what they want. Its a democracy after all. - same answer I have for the capital punishment argument, although we have more people in prison per capita than any other nation so the deterrent of it doesn't work.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:

JSanders, why is that petty?
Because you know there is much more than just that, to throw that in someone's face is being petty, to me.

You can't argue abortion and capital punishment in the same breath. I know many try to do so, but it doesn't fly. They both come from different principles.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #17
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Its also says an eye for an eye, as well as many other things. Punishment is not murder. Abortion for convenience is Murder.

And I need to change what I said also, if the Mothers life is at stake then I believe it should be the mothers choice. But to just murder a baby because its convenient NO.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #18
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Because you know there is much more than just that, to throw that in someone's face is being petty, to me.

You can't argue abortion and capital punishment in the same breath. I know many try to do so, but it doesn't fly. They both come from different principles.
I obviously think you can as the end result can be the same. to end a life is the fact, the situation faced by the executioner is subjective. I did not intend to be petty, merely to take an approach that would provoke a reaction by the association.

Last edited by test54; 01-30-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #19
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Its also says an eye for an eye, as well as many other things. Punishment is not murder. Abortion for convenience is Murder.

And I need to change what I said also, if the Mothers life is at stake then I believe it should be the mothers choice. But to just murder a baby because its convenient NO.
But it does not say thou shalt not kill unless someone knowingly killed another person.

What about the science of when a fetus is indeed a life? I know there are alot of arguments there but when does the idea of traditional birth control turn into aborting a life?

I do not however see a difference other than one is a justified murder (Cap punishment) or the other is an unjustified murder (abortion for convenience). They both are murder as one is taking a life.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #20
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Heck, until it is at least 18 years old it is just a hunk of ignorant protoplasm. I'm dealing with a bimbo today at age 40 who should still be aborted.
Closed Thread