BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Jedediah

Model: none
Question New developer, need opinions on a project

Please Login to Remove!

I've been hired to develop a Blackberry component as part of a larger project.

Essentially, what I need to do is add an extra key field to address book entries. If the key is filled in then it is used to look up contact information on a central server and fill in the entry. The entry needs to stay updated with the most recent info from the server. I will be developing the Blackberry software, the server software and whatever format they use to communicate with each other.

I have never even used a Blackberry before, let alone developed for it. I do have a lot of development experience in general though so I'm not worried about self-training.

However, I'm meeting with the client on sunday and I need to tell them whether or not what they want is possible and how long it will take to build. After skimming the developer documentation, I still can't answer these questions myself. In particular, I'm not sure if I will be able to modify the address book interface in the way I described above. I would be grateful to those who could give me their opinion on the matter.

Thanks
Closed Thread