skysoft_support
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Vehicle Fuel Economy Tracker Example in inForm

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

Some of you have been asking...OK so now I've bought inForm...can you give me some examples of what you can do with it?

We decided to post this one here, because it really shows the simplicity and power of inForm. In just 10 minutes I created this little application on my BlackBerry Cuve that tracks all of my Fuel Ups, how much they cost me, and measures my fuel economy for me as well as how much I've spent.

Here are some screenshots:

1. Record Entry Screen 1 (Top): Here you can enter your mileage. The form is smart enough to remember your Last ODO reading so that you don't have to bother entering it again! Once you've entered your new mileage while at the gas station and entered the amount of money you spent on your gas, you hit the Calculate Button.

2. Record Entry Screen 2 (Bottom): The form then automatically calculates your mileage! you can track how you paid for the gas.

3. Now, after a couple fill-ups, you can figure out your running total spent on gas, your fuel economy, your total distance travelled, and so on:

If you want to try this example out, all you need to do is load the attached .mff file into the inForm PC editor (download from skysoftsystems.com) and then load it onto your BlackBerry. From there everything should work. Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions! (Rename the attached .txt file to .mff so that the editor can read it...not allowed to post .mff files to this forum)

Also, we're always open for new suggestions for new examples, and plan to post one every week, so let us know if you have something you're looking for. Some of the other members of this forum have been looking for a weight watcher calculator so we're going to do that one next.

Thanks,
http://www.skysoftsystems.com
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Funkdrspot

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Seems like a cool idea. I'm brand new to blackberry stuff. I know a lot of the apps tend to go white on the background and I hate that. Anyways to add a background pic or to change the colors?

In a perfect world, I'd love to have a black background and white numbers so it's easier on my eyes and my battery.
Closed Thread