BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Andyn
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon
Exclamation How many have sent their Storm back?

Please Login to Remove!

I sent mine back and reverted back to my 8830. Camera was horrible w/ time delay( my BOLD and Razr V9x is much better). A friend of mine had his reboot constantly and he sent his back and went back to iPhone. How many others have sent theirs back? I love my BOLD!!!

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

Seems like lots of people are having issues with camera lag (doesn't really matter to me, as all of the devices hooked to my companies BES have the cameras disabled by policy) and it seems like a software issue.

The rebooting device may just be bad hardware, as a relatively small percentage of users are reporting this problem. If it were a software issue, it would probably be affecting a much larger percentage of 9530 owners.

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
Spawneh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone NZ

I'm loving my Storm... so no issues here. I'm not a big user of the Camera anyway
Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
Hebdog7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: Some leters and numbers
Carrier: Verizon

You took your Storm back cause of the camera? That baffles me as it is a phone, not a digital camera. Thats like being mad cause your honda doesnt perform like a ferrari. I love my Storm and realize it has yet to be out for even a month yet. It will not be perfect as many other cutting edge technologies are not perfect till they are out for a few months to get the bugs worked out.

To each its own I guess. Im not mad at ya what ever makes you happy.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
SpeedFreak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

After many, many, many..., ( did I say many ? ) attempts to adjust to the Storm using the store demos ( I'm not buying this pos in the state it's in now ) I have not been able to overcome the sheer crap of it.

I went across the street and spent a bit more quality time with the Bold and iPhone, I love both and it's a tough call but I'm getting one of them.

Unfortunately the result of this will be me leaving Verizon for AT&T, it'll cost me $125.00 to switch carriers but I'm probably going to bite the bullet on this one.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: verizon

im sending mine back as long as the one i ordered tonight actually clicks w/o paper behind the battery door, we'll see
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

all i know is when i take the paper out it is wayyyy worse than when i first got it
Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
Hebdog7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: Some leters and numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
After many, many, many..., ( did I say many ? ) attempts to adjust to the Storm using the store demos ( I'm not buying this pos in the state it's in now ) I have not been able to overcome the sheer crap of it.

I went across the street and spent a bit more quality time with the Bold and iPhone, I love both and it's a tough call but I'm getting one of them.

Unfortunately the result of this will be me leaving Verizon for AT&T, it'll cost me $125.00 to switch carriers but I'm probably going to bite the bullet on this one.
I would go with the Bold. Keep in mind AT&T service IMO sucks. The iPhone sucks. It still has problems with simple things like......staying connected while on a phone call. Again if your not happy with the phone I understand and am not mad at ya
Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
SpeedFreak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdog7 View Post
I would go with the Bold. Keep in mind AT&T service IMO sucks. The iPhone sucks. It still has problems with simple things like......staying connected while on a phone call. Again if your not happy with the phone I understand and am not mad at ya
Yeah I'm very strongly leaning towards the Bold.

*edit*
I'm also upset with Verizon for making the Storm worse by dumping the WiFi. I mean if you can put WiFi on the Bold I'm sure you could do it on the Storm.

Last edited by SpeedFreak; 12-03-2008 at 06:23 PM..
Old 12-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
mastdog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ----
PIN: Go Steelers!
Carrier: AT&T

DON'T DO IT

There is a new phone coming out at VZW in about a week that is touch screen, Windows Mobile 6.1 and has a 5.0 Dig Cam on it. The friendly girl at the VZW Kiosk showed it to me and I can tell you, it was quite nice. If the Storm or the Curve does not suit your fancy, then this phone is worth looking into. I can say it makes the iphone look like a kids toy. I was blown away by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post

Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
gescom
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: 304ACD10

I sent mine back. It was a huge disappointment for me. I guess I expected the same speed I am used to with my 8703e. I am switching to ATT for a Bold very soon which is more my flavor. I just cant overcome the lack of a real keyboard I guess. I do know a lot of clamshell phone noobs are loving them though which is good to get new recruits in the BB camp. ;)

Last edited by gescom; 12-03-2008 at 08:42 PM..
Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

There is a new phone coming out at VZW in about a week that is touch screen, Windows Mobile 6.1 and has a 5.0 Dig Cam on it. The friendly girl at the VZW Kiosk showed it to me and I can tell you, it was quite nice. If the Storm or the Curve does not suit your fancy, then this phone is worth looking into. I can say it makes the iphone look like a kids toy. I was blown away by it.

samsung omnia?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #13
hop2000

Model: Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbornstorm View Post

samsung omnia?
I was trying to figure this one out as well. The Samsung Omnia has been out for over a week. So has the HTC Touch Pro for Verizon. I don't think they have anything else coming out for a while. He must be referring to one of the two mentioned above.

From what I hear the Omnia has been getting pretty good reviews. CNET rates it slightly higher than the Blackberry Storm. The HTC Touch Pro seemed pretty sweet too, but I am not a huge fan of some of the HTC models. I currently have the HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900) and can't wait to get rid of it.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #14
Laughinglarry

Model: 9530

I haven't sent mine back yet, but I'm planning on it. HOWEVER: My biggest complaint is the constant reboot issue. I reported it to Verizon last Monday, and a replacement came while I was out of town. (The Verizon rep claimed to have never heard of it. A google search proved it was somewhat endemic.) So I've got a new one sitting right next to me. I'm debating giving it a try, but if the reboot issue is a known and fairly common problem, then why should I put the time into even configuring a replacement?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #15
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughinglarry View Post
I haven't sent mine back yet, but I'm planning on it. HOWEVER: My biggest complaint is the constant reboot issue. I reported it to Verizon last Monday, and a replacement came while I was out of town. (The Verizon rep claimed to have never heard of it. A google search proved it was somewhat endemic.) So I've got a new one sitting right next to me. I'm debating giving it a try, but if the reboot issue is a known and fairly common problem, then why should I put the time into even configuring a replacement?
The first one I got was like that way. This current one however, has been fantastic. I personally love mine
Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #16
SGRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughinglarry View Post
Just take the update like everyone else and stop the whining. If you hate it take it back.
Dont bother to open the box and actually try it since your time is so valuable, its better just to waste your time typing out yet another complaint here.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #17
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbornstorm View Post

samsung omnia?
After owning 3 windows mobile phones before switching to the BB, I would never go back. Even with some of the quirky issues on the Storm, it is a much better product. WM is too unstable.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #18
HarlyFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

I ordered a replacement I will give it one last chance but I am truly fed up with this piece of work they call a phone!!!

Addicted To The CRACKBerry!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #19
Andyn
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon

The Samsung Omnia is out. I believe that is what was mentioned above.

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 12-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #20
coop5571

I ordered this phone the first day it was available on 11/21 & received it on 11/25 I updated to .75 a couple of days ago. I was happy with it before & even more so now. I have not had any of the issues that I have read about in the complaint threads, I always find it interesting to see so many dissatisfied customers. But you normally don't hear from satisfied customers.
Closed Thread