Old 07-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
berrydeezz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default So long blackberry, hello EVO

Please Login to Remove!

My first blackberry was the awesome 8830 and I really thought I would be with RIM for a long time but since that phone alot has happened and changed and these are some things I just can't understand.

1. Why do blackberries cost as much as other phones that offer a ton of more features. Maybe it's the carriers that are making the phones these prices but for me it's a major turn off. I have a 9630 on sprint and there really is nothing to look forward to from rim for a long time.

2. If RIM is the has the largest market share of smart phones why are dev's not building apps for it like iphone and android. The app store is decent now but nothing compared to iphone or android.

3. My tour is already laggy with 256mb of ram and the idea of a new os that will only support 512mb makes me think it will be even slower than what we have now.

There are a number of other things but I'm not here to complain I just can't understand how rim puts itself on a price level of other phones.

If RIM made phones with excellent battery life, snappy os (browser,etc) I would be sold for a long time. Can't get exchange email without breaking the bank. The keyboard really is the only thing that makes it a hard choice but I messed up I have an evo for a week and typing on it is actully not that bad.

anyway see you guys I'm android bound.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Superh3ro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Zain kw

well im with you in all the point

but since 2005 (myfirst blackberry) till now i tried switching to iphone htc droid and other way smarter phones but i cant get over my blackberry
its like im addicted to it i cant let gooooooo

maybe if htc or iphone create a phone with a QWERTY Keyboard with the high technology they have

xxx9608;xxx9553;xxx9612;xxx9474;xxx9608;xxx9474;xxx9553;xxx9612;xxx9553;xxx9474;xxx9474;xxx9608;xxx9553;xxx9612;xxx9474;xxx9553;xxx9608;xxx9474;
supexxx1103;xxx1085;xxx1079;roxxx63743;xxx1084;ac.coxxx1084;™
Old 07-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Bye
Old 07-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
appcaps

Model: 9700
Carrier: rogers

True. But I still keep my bold9000 now 9700 after switching to iPhone (1st gen, now 3GS).
Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post
My first blackberry was the awesome 8830 and I really thought I would be with RIM for a long time but since that phone alot has happened and changed and these are some things I just can't understand.

1. Why do blackberries cost as much as other phones that offer a ton of more features. Maybe it's the carriers that are making the phones these prices but for me it's a major turn off. I have a 9630 on sprint and there really is nothing to look forward to from rim for a long time.

2. If RIM is the has the largest market share of smart phones why are dev's not building apps for it like iphone and android. The app store is decent now but nothing compared to iphone or android.

3. My tour is already laggy with 256mb of ram and the idea of a new os that will only support 512mb makes me think it will be even slower than what we have now.

There are a number of other things but I'm not here to complain I just can't understand how rim puts itself on a price level of other phones.

If RIM made phones with excellent battery life, snappy os (browser,etc) I would be sold for a long time. Can't get exchange email without breaking the bank. The keyboard really is the only thing that makes it a hard choice but I messed up I have an evo for a week and typing on it is actully not that bad.

anyway see you guys I'm android bound.

1. It is definitely the carriers. RIM doesn't sell BlackBerrys to the public directly. Got a beef with the price? Talk to Sprint. Or Verizon, or AT&T, or T-Mobile.

2. Devs are creating apps for the core customer base. That's business users. Want multimedia powerhouse apps? Try an iPhone.

3. My Bold 9650 was an awesome upgrade from my Tour. The trackpad alone was worth the upgrade, but the added internal memory and WiFi are two more killer features.

How long did you expect your Tour to stay at the top of the heap? Face it - all smartphones get old quickly. If you choose the device that's really right for you in the first place it stays relevant longer.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
berrydeezz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

It's not even about my phone now but about the next few years with RIM, I just see them getting left behind, besides the keyboard nothing else RIM is doing is going to spark my interest.

I can't even get my work exchange account without paying 100 dollars more a month, WHAT. Insane
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

But what works best for you *right now*?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post
I can't even get my work exchange account without paying 100 dollars more a month, WHAT. Insane
$100 a month?! That's not true. The BES add-on with Sprint is $20 on top of the Simply Everything plan.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Closed Thread