BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #41
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8100 Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlGoneWild

I am deaf and I have BB Pearl. I hardly feel vibrating, only 3 times (weak/short). I used to have SK2. The vibrate would keep vibrating til I read it. I turned on LED flashing and noticed that keeps flashing longer til I read the message, is there to vibrate instead?
Welcome to the BlackBerry!

I switched from a BlackBerry 7290 to the Pearl. The vibrate is probably less pronounced than the older one. The SK2 is real shaker! (My in-laws have them. My wife and I use BlackBerrys)

I wear my Pearl in my front pocket (shirt or pant) or in a BlackBerry lambskin swivel holster for Pearl attached to my belt.

Like you, I always use vibrate and flash LED and can feel it alert me most times.

I don't know how the SK3 compares to the SK2. I should ask another friend regarding those.

One thing to point out; the LED will stop flashing after a certain amount of time. It doesn't just wait for you to check your messages. For now, unless someone else knows, I will guess 5 minutes of flashing.

Steve

Last edited by Steve; 01-03-2007 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #42
GirlGoneWild
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8100 Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Welcome to the BlackBerry!

THANKS!

I switched from a BlackBerry 7290 to the Pearl. The vibrate is probably less pronounced than the older one. The SK2 is real shaker! (My in-laws have them. My wife and I use BlackBerrys)

I agree SK is shaker, so is SK3, my husband has one.

I wear my Pearl in my front pocket (shirt or pant) or in a BlackBerry lambskin swivel holster for Pearl attached to my belt.

I don't have any case nor holster, will buy and try.

Like you, I always use vibrate and flash LED and can feel it alert me most times.

I don't know how the SK3 compares to the SK2. I should ask another friend regarding those.

One thing to point out; the LED will stop flashing after a certain amount of time. It doesn't just wait for you to check your messages. For now, unless someone else knows, I will guess 5 minutes of flashing.

Steve
it was under the pillow i didnt feel alarm, nor vibrating new messages received. when i looked, there was LED flashig. my friend tried to email me to get camfrog on 30 minutes ago that morning, also bb messenger someone IMed me 2 hrs ago they may think i ignored, actually, i didnt, I missed/not feel vibrating :/

I tried to add long ringtone, thought to set and save vibrating that long ringtone, useless- it cut short vibrating, oh well.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #43
bradberry

Model: Torch
Carrier: ATT
Default hearing aids

Dont know much about this stuff. but i have a user that has asked me 'Blackberry is an issue for me because it is not compatible with my hearing aids. I may need both a BB & a separate cell phone" Is this true?
So how can i get this to work for her. Any of the new models???
Or other ways to help her.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #44
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradberry
Dont know much about this stuff. but i have a user that has asked me 'Blackberry is an issue for me because it is not compatible with my hearing aids. I may need both a BB & a separate cell phone" Is this true?
So how can i get this to work for her. Any of the new models???
Or other ways to help her.
What is the specific issue that she sees in regards to the BB not being compatible?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #45
bradberry

Model: Torch
Carrier: ATT

She has a 7250 now

From my user:
You get a loud buzz, static, noise interference, one cannot make out what the other party is saying. If I can find a technical article, I will email it to you. FCC mandates that M3/T3 ratings be offered by each provider on one phone that they make.

What are the M and T ratings of the Blackberry 8800? No one can tell me because they say it is not on the spec sheet. In general, M refers to the microphone interference with the hearing aid. T refers to the hearing aid compatibility level. M4/T4 is the highest rating.

-----
Thanks just trying to help someone out
Old 02-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #46
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Looked it up at Blackberry.com (Compare Devices) Voice Input/Output.

7250 - M4/T4
8703e - M4/T4
8705g - M3/T3

I would have thought that after these had it, anything newer would. But the 8100/8800 do not show they are compatible. Maybe a later version of them will be...

Steve
Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #47
D34F

Model: 7290c

I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Now, I need your help. I am deaf and I am having troubles with setting my vibrate mode the way I would like it to, but could not seem to get it right.

I seem to be missing some messages because my blackberry 8700c does not always vibrate everytime I get any message or replies.

My profile is set to vibrate and:

Level 1 messages, messages are all set to vibrate...

What am i doing wrong?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:57 AM   #48
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by D34F
I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Now, I need your help. I am deaf and I am having troubles with setting my vibrate mode the way I would like it to, but could not seem to get it right.

I seem to be missing some messages because my blackberry 8700c does not always vibrate everytime I get any message or replies.

My profile is set to vibrate and:

Level 1 messages, messages are all set to vibrate...

What am i doing wrong?
Did you "edit" the profile and set every one of them up the way you want? I enabled the repeat notification so that if I don't feel it the light will flash and I will see it. I'm deaf too.
Closed Thread