Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
d213rr

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8700c - cannot access BofA online banking website

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm unable to access my account information through the Bank of America online banking website and wonder if anyone else has had and resolved the same problem. When I visit the website, the site tells me I can't access online banking "for security reasons." I have made multiple calls to BofA and they tell me to call AT&T. I haven't done that, as I don't expect to get anywhere with them either. I know that the 8700 c is a supported device for BofA online banking. Is there a setting that I'm using in my browser that is causing the problem, or do I really need to call AT&T?

FYI, I used to access the same site on my old 7290, using the same exact AT&T (formerly Cingular) account.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

first, many of the banking sites require more secure browsers to access their sites. I have experienced that, though not with BOA. However, users having problems accessing BOA has been mentioned on here many times in the past year, and I have seen them install and use Opera Mini.

--You might try changing your browser emulation (Browser > Options)
--You might determine if you accessing the BOA mobile site (if they have?)
--You might install Opera Mini http://www.operamini.com/download/

And you can always search the board here to see exactly what those other users reported. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
ManiacDan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I agree with JSanders, Opera Mini is the way to go, but go for Opera Mini 4 Beta. It gives you browsing similar to the new iPhone and Wii browsers, and it is rarely considered a "mobile" browser by sites.

That being said, BoA has their two-factor authentication that works on Cookies and IPs. It might force you to re-register your blackberry every time you try to use it. I think they provide mobile banking applications (they do for Verizon phones at least) you might want to take a look around their site to see if they offer a blackberry based solution to your problem, instead of trying to go through the web.

-Dan
Old 10-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
labspanielmix
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: The "New" AT&T
Default Banking stuff ...

Hey.

I use an 8700c and was really frustrated with Mobile Banking. I can only access that using my BB Browser. That allows me to get the mobile version of the site. However, I use Opera Mini. I found a work-around that lets me access a better version of the site:

1) Type this address into your Opera Mini browser: www.bankofamerica.com/main.do? [This should take you to the "Site Not Found" page. ...]

2) From that page, click the "Sign In" link or the "Home Page" link and sign into your account.

This worked for me but it may not work for everyone. I use Opera Mini, but not the Beta 2.

-- Futurama
Old 10-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Have you tried http://bofa.mobi ?

That site is specifically designed for handhelds which I have used with no problem.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
rwoodson

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

I too, have had the problem, which I believe began after upgrading to 4.2.1 on the 8700c (since I had no problems before). In doing some research into my existing bookmark for BofA, I found a new dialog when trying to edit the bookmark. This new dialog lists the browser being used, which for me was the ExchangeMyMail browser, not the Internet Browser used previously. I changed that setting in the dialog to "Internest Browser" and now I get the sign-in menu choice on the BofA page.

Note: Changing the browser to Internet Browser in the Options->Browser Configuration may not be sufficient to accomplish the change. Apprarently with 4.2.1 the browser type is stored with the bookmark, and after the upgrade the default for some of my existing bookmarks changed to the ExchangeMyMail (i.e., Exchange/BES) browser. I also set emulation mode to "Microsoft IE", although I do not know if that is important - in the past it was necessary for some sites).
Closed Thread