Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
highsocietypoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t
Default worse thing ever just happened

Please Login to Remove!

my screen is non existent. i cant see anything.....how much does it cost to replace roughly??? cingular doesnt want to replace it because they said it was my fault!

should i change providers or wait for a 3g capable phone?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

What did you do that they are saying it your fault? Search the forum and Google and you should find a few sites that sell replacement parts. Or, you can buy a used device and scavange parts from it.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
highsocietypoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

well i finally talked to simply wirless, thats the company online i got the phone from....they are making me send the phone in first. what a pain...i told them that when i recieved it, the box was opened and contents scattered and that the lcd screen had a small black dot which has been growing every day. however it looks as if someone dropped it on the corner of a curb as they were getting out of a car. i guess well have to wait and see what is going to happen.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
IanHummel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsocietypoker
well i finally talked to simply wirless, thats the company online i got the phone from....they are making me send the phone in first. what a pain...i told them that when i recieved it, the box was opened and contents scattered and that the lcd screen had a small black dot which has been growing every day. however it looks as if someone dropped it on the corner of a curb as they were getting out of a car. i guess well have to wait and see what is going to happen.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you have called them and reported the contents, the packaging, and requested a new one? I sure as hell would've not accepted an expensive electronic device, that has been obviously tampered with. Maybe that's just me, but this seems like it's common sense. You order a new product, it should be new, not all beat up.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #5
Skrilla™
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

Quote:
worse thing ever just happened
that's the worst thing ever? You must have it good
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
K-Mack
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

LMAO
Old 04-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillaxxx8482;
that's the worst thing ever? You must have it good
You said it Brother... I was once downtown pissy drunk in the middle of the day. I walked in a phone booth obviously thinking it was a stall and started taking a wiz. Lady cop was right there talking to a group of women and couldnt believe her eyes. She yanked me from the booth and cuffed me with it still hanging out (I must have had a full 6 pack in me cuz they said I just kept wizzing).

When I woke in the drunk tank there was a guy that would look at me then bust out laughing. He said I was more than a handfull for the officers. He said they drug me in with it still hanging out, I was loud and kept insisting on going back to flush the urinal. That was a bad day BUT!!!

Get's worse, a month later I'm in court sitting next to the most beautiful spanish girl I've seen in all my life. I couldn't believe that seat was empty. Smelling good, nails, hair perfect. Conversation flowing, I'm felling good having this girl laughing so much the judge threaten to site us for contempt and put us out the courtroom. That's when my name was callled...

50 people in this courtroom and the prosecutor reads my case in a mic. Man if I was a turtle... I take it like a man, plead guilty and start leaving to pay my fine. I gave her a wink and a wave on my way out when the prosecutor calls for Stephano Lopez to come up. I think nothing of it. I turned back as I'm walking out the doors and learned that Stephano Lopez was the beautiful girl and HE was picked up for prostitution.

Now that Sir is a bad day!!!

Last edited by Soapm; 04-20-2006 at 11:45 PM..
Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #8
tfaz1

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
You said it Brother... I was once downtown pissy drunk in the middle of the day. I walked in a phone booth obviously thinking it was a stall and started taking a wiz. Lady cop was right there talking to a group of women and couldnt believe her eyes. She yanked me from the booth and cuffed me with it still hanging out (I must have had a full 6 pack in me cuz they said I just kept wizzing).

When I woke in the drunk tank there was a guy that would look at me then bust out laughing. He said I was more than a handfull for the officers. He said they drug me in with it still hanging out, I was loud and kept insisting on going back to flush the urinal. That was a bad day BUT!!!

Get's worse, a month later I'm in court sitting next to the most beautiful spanish girl I've seen in all my life. I couldn't believe that seat was empty. Smelling good, nails, hair perfect. Conversation flowing, I'm felling good having this girl laughing so much the judge threaten to site us for contempt and put us out the courtroom. That's when my name was callled...

50 people in this courtroom and the prosecutor reads my case in a mic. Man if I was a turtle... I take it like a man, plead guilty and start leaving to pay my fine. I gave her a wink and a wave on my way out when the prosecutor calls for Stephano Lopez to come up. I think nothing of it. I turned back as I'm walking out the doors and learned that Stephano Lopez was the beautiful girl and HE was picked up for prostitution.

Yes! Possibly the best post I've ever read on this forum.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:09 AM   #9
Rockefella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Cingular, the new AT&T

Quote:

LOL, man, I want to party with you. You sound like a blast to "hang out" with (get the pun?). That post was (&*%)$)(* funny.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:26 AM   #10
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:

YOU my friend, ARE THE MAN!!!

That was an excellent post...I encourage more like it
Old 04-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #11
highsocietypoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

but..what.....wha....what about my blackberry.....

Old 04-21-2006, 03:55 AM   #12
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

lmao
Old 04-21-2006, 03:59 AM   #13
highsocietypoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

so simply wireless, the comp;any i bought it from, said i have to mail them the phoen first! what the hell...im now phoneless for a couple days i overnighted it to them at 25 dollars,...i don tknow why this comnpany does that, all wireless companies usually send you a phone first. .....argh, well ill be callign them in a couple hours...

Old 04-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
acidsnow
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:

holy fark, that was funny!!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #15
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidsnow
holy fark, that was funny!!!!!
Hi, this is Stephano. I have been looking for you. Can you PIN me (and you know what I mean!

Just kiddding. To set the record straight: I AM NOT STEPHANO; I HAVE NEVER MET STEPHANO; I HAVE NO WISH TO MEET STEPHANO.

Last edited by chrisnol; 04-21-2006 at 03:26 PM..
Old 04-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #16
ebgreen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Quote:
...well ill be callign them in a couple hours...
With what?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #17
yunone

Model: 8310

i think having your newborn babys face punched in with a sledgehammer might be a bit worse than this
Old 04-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunone
i think having your newborn babys face punched in with a sledgehammer might be a bit worse than this

Why even say something like that, that's awful to even think about.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #19
ebgreen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunone
Did you torture puppies as a child?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #20
yunone

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic
Why even say something like that, that's awful to even think about.
because i think getting a defective BB is weak in comparison to some stuff people do everyday..... there is a pretty big disconnect between yuppie americas day to day life and reality of things that might be considered "worse thing ever just happened "

i like to keep people realistic about their woes
Closed Thread