Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
JoeB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB 8700c questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone and thank you for providing a great resource for BB users.

I am a new BB user and I came from a Treo 650. I really liked the features of the Treo, but the stability was awful and it had to go. I like the BB more than I thought I would, but I have a few questions which will determine whether or not I can keep it.

1) Email. This is a huge part of why I need a mobile device. I have several email accounts that I use on a daily basis, but people get a reply from the @cingular.blackberry.net address instead of the address people emailed in the first place. I know this is a limitation with the "push" technology, but is there any possible way to get a work-around? I downloaded the PocketDay software and it says it will fix the reply from address problem, but I am not sure I like the rest of the software package. Is there another option or only the PocketDay solution?

2) Task list. There is no date due on the main screen and the filters has a bug in it when I select the filter, the tasks disapear. I figured I could add the date manually to the task itself and it will show as the task itself and that will work if there is no other option.

Again, I like the BB unit and the phone part is significantly better than the phone part of the Treo. Over all, I am very happy, but am concerned that the device will not work long term because of the email limitations. Any other options would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Barbone
Old 04-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB
Hello everyone and thank you for providing a great resource for BB users.

I am a new BB user and I came from a Treo 650. I really liked the features of the Treo, but the stability was awful and it had to go. I like the BB more than I thought I would, but I have a few questions which will determine whether or not I can keep it.

1) Email. This is a huge part of why I need a mobile device. I have several email accounts that I use on a daily basis, but people get a reply from the @cingular.blackberry.net address instead of the address people emailed in the first place. I know this is a limitation with the "push" technology, but is there any possible way to get a work-around? I downloaded the PocketDay software and it says it will fix the reply from address problem, but I am not sure I like the rest of the software package. Is there another option or only the PocketDay solution?

2) Task list. There is no date due on the main screen and the filters has a bug in it when I select the filter, the tasks disapear. I figured I could add the date manually to the task itself and it will show as the task itself and that will work if there is no other option.

Again, I like the BB unit and the phone part is significantly better than the phone part of the Treo. Over all, I am very happy, but am concerned that the device will not work long term because of the email limitations. Any other options would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Barbone
Re your first question, if you go to the Cingular BIS website, login, go to "profiles" and you can set the "sent from" address to whatever email address you want rather than your @cingular.blackberry.net address. On the Cingular BIS you can only have one "sent from" address for all outgoing email. I am told that on T-Mobile's BIS you can have multiple "sent from" addresses which will automatically be used for the appropriate account to which the incoming email was sent, but I have no personal experience with the TMO BIS

I don"t have a clue as to your second question.

By the way, welcome to the forum and looking forward to your future contributions when you are`no longer a "newbie"

Last edited by chrisnol; 04-20-2006 at 11:42 PM..
Old 04-21-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

For the second Question, in the task options, you can sort by due date.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Closed Thread