Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
yzrider

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: CellOne
Default Finally got my 8100 Little dissapointed

Please Login to Remove!

Well First off let me say hello to everyone,As this is my first post.But Im a little dissapointed at my sales person .I signed a contract last wensday Said He would get my blackberry thursday to me ,next day well i finally got it today Monday.K crap happens atleast I got it,so I open the box in to my surprise its the black phone instead of the white one. which is the one I wanted.(White)He also told me it came with a 512 memory card ,and of course it had nothing,also shouldnt I've gotten Headphones?So I have a couple of questions for yall 1>Is there any diff between the black phone in the white one besides color
2. Should I call my provider in complain cause i didnt get my memory card ,As i dont think they normally do but he said it did.
3.Am I supose to get headphones with this unit.
Overall The phone is pretty sexy looking And this is my first blackberry.I was so excited i was getting one I came home did a search on blackberry forums and found this site,Im really looking forward to yalls inputs.Thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
militman5583
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: PM Me
Carrier: T-mobile

Well Best bet is if you got it down on paper. I dont think I recieved headphones with my unit but cant remember.

About the memory card, I dont know if there is much you can do in that situation. If you have it on paper that you were suppose to get one and also that you were suppose to get white, you will be sitting pretty good. I personally dont think you have a chance unless the sales person is dumb enough to say "Yea, I said that." Then you have a chance.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider View Post
Well First off let me say hello to everyone,As this is my first post.But Im a little dissapointed at my sales person .I signed a contract last wensday Said He would get my blackberry thursday to me ,next day well i finally got it today Monday.K crap happens atleast I got it,so I open the box in to my surprise its the black phone instead of the white one. which is the one I wanted.(White)He also told me it came with a 512 memory card ,and of course it had nothing,also shouldnt I've gotten Headphones?So I have a couple of questions for yall 1>Is there any diff between the black phone in the white one besides color
2. Should I call my provider in complain cause i didnt get my memory card ,As i dont think they normally do but he said it did.
3.Am I supose to get headphones with this unit.
Overall The phone is pretty sexy looking And this is my first blackberry.I was so excited i was getting one I came home did a search on blackberry forums and found this site,Im really looking forward to yalls inputs.Thanks
I would contact your sales person and ask those questions. I have a Black and a White. They do not come from T-Mobile with a Memory Card I see you have CellOne listed as your carrier. My original Black 8100 came with a handsfree ear piece. My White 8100 came with a stereo handsfree set. I would send it back and demand what was promised.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

It doesn't sound like an original phone. Did you buy it through a dealer??? It should come with a ear peice for listening to music. If you didn't order black then return it!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

It should come with a charging cable, a wall charger, and a mic/earpiece (one). No headphones. No memory card.

If you were promised a memory card, go back and get one.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

To answer the other question No, I don't believe there is any difference between the white and black 8100 other than the color.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
yzrider

Well I called them After fighting with them for 30 min,I got results after i told them to shove the phone up there A**.They told me that they will buy me any card from one of there retail stores if i keep the phone.Im happy with that,and as for the ear bud they told me that the blackberry doesnt come with one.And on the color ill keep the black one,kinda grew on me.Well thanks for the input.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

My pearl came with a stereo headset. Can be used as regular headphones and as a handsfree kit.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

It comes with an ear bud -- I haven't purchased a phone in the last... what, 5 years? that didn't come with the ear bud made just for that phone. It's almost like it's a legal requirement or something, I have so many of them still in their stupid little plastic bags.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #10
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

Wow, It sounds like you didn't get what you paid for from your provider.
I have service with AT&T, I got a 512 memory card, an ear piece, wall charger. I hope you get what you want and what you paid for.
I like the white one too! I've not seem many around so it might be harder to come by.
R
Old 08-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #11
yzrider

Ya it is Kinda dissapointing,when i asked them about the ear bud they said they dont come with them threw blackberry.So i dont really no how to fight that one.As for the color and if any things diff between the 2 heres why i choose the white one but if this isnt true please let me know.

The white has Tone, vibrating and visual notification .
Black dont
The white is a SmartPhone Black Isnt
That is why choose the white over black in the first place.I can put a link up so you can see what the compare differences is. Im not to sure on the rules yet in here for posting links tho.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

I have the red pearl so I am not familiar with either color other than seeing other people with them in their hand. I was under the impression they are both SMART PHONES, whatever that means. I thought all BB were considered smart phones.
If there is a difference it isn't much other than the color but i could be wrong.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
rivviepop

yzrider, wherever that information came from is on crack. The white, black and red pearls are all the same hardware and software -- it's simply the outside case (shell, cover, whatever) on the device itself. They are functionally all identical in every way (some are lemons, though, just like anything else you buy).
Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #14
yzrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
yzrider, wherever that information came from is on crack. The white, black and red pearls are all the same hardware and software -- it's simply the outside case (shell, cover, whatever) on the device itself. They are functionally all identical in every way (some are lemons, though, just like anything else you buy).
I thought that but right on my providers site they state those differences,guess i know why im having a hard time dealing with those bozos.
Here is the link just put w's instead of x's .https://xxx.celloneusa.com/ECellPort...tComparePhones
Old 08-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #15
rivviepop

Quote:
I thought that but right on my providers site they state those differences,guess i know why im having a hard time dealing with those bozos.
Here is the link just put w's instead of x's .https://xxx.celloneusa.com/ECellPort...tComparePhones
Give us a zip code that works with that site (you probably don't see the page any more on your end, it's cookied) -- I can't get a bunch of them to work I happen to know, I have no clue where this place has coverage.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #16
yzrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Give us a zip code that works with that site (you probably don't see the page any more on your end, it's cookied) -- I can't get a bunch of them to work I happen to know, I have no clue where this place has coverage.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #17
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

I am confused by all the people saying they got an ear bud. I got a stereo headset with my black pearl and my wife got a stereo headset with her white pearl.

Do all pearls not come with this?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #18
yzrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb-mike View Post
I am confused by all the people saying they got an ear bud. I got a stereo headset with my black pearl and my wife got a stereo headset with her white pearl.

Mine came with nothing But a usb cable,cd,home charger .The funny thing about it is that I usally got more with the free phones,My old phone nokia 6310 came with media card,headset,car charger, homecharger plus a case to carry it in ,threw the same carrier that im threw now, it still ran me a 100 bucks for the phone but atleast i felt i was getting something for my money besides a phone.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #19
rivviepop

Quote:
yeah man it's just marketing BS on their website they cut/pasted and screwed up. Go look at the black one -- that page doesn't list a Calendar on the device, but the white one does. It looks like someone fell asleep at the marketing wheel.

re: ear bud, I was using that phrase (term?) to mean a bud or a stereo headset, as in "an ear thingy designed for the phone". I didn't mean it so literally interpreted as the unique, specific item "ear bud", my bad.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #20
ShelW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb-mike View Post

Mine came with stereo headphones, with a mic which can clip onto your shirt.

I assume not all Pearls come with headphones, though. I didn't get any memory card with my Pearl, but I see others did.

Probably RIM has different deals with different providers. Not all phones come with the same accessories, but I'd assume they are all the same, as far as vibrate, indicator lights, etc.

I can't believe that a white Pearl has more features then a Black Pearl! (Could be wrong, but I'd be surprised!)