Old 11-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
dimm0k
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default KDE and BlackBerry as user

Please Login to Remove!

I recently joined the BlackBerry world and would like to somehow "connect" my the address book on my computer with the contacts on my BlackBerry now. I'm using Slackware 13.0 with KDE and have all my contacts in KDE's KAddressbook. Anyone out there who managed to get these two to work together?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
wcr3d
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
I recently joined the BlackBerry world and would like to somehow "connect" my the address book on my computer with the contacts on my BlackBerry now. I'm using Slackware 13.0 with KDE and have all my contacts in KDE's KAddressbook. Anyone out there who managed to get these two to work together?
Currently with linux you would need to do it through the cloud with a service like Scheduleworld or Funambol.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
chitowner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZN
Red face

Also, look for "barrybackup" which will release you from the cumbersome windoze Device Manager. I got it running and it's a snap.

All you need once it's installed is to find your PIN# (which I think is really a serial# for your device) Options>Status> (find PIN), connect your BB via USB and boot barrybackup. It should autodetect your BB and display the PIN. If not enter it accordingly. You will then be prompted to name your BB, and you can run the backup. Takes about one minute.

NB: Barrybackup only handles "device memory" so you will have to use something else for SIM or Media cards.

Note: this is just a backup- not an interactive application. For that, you need Funambol or similar.

CT
Closed Thread