Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #181
tom888

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Ted,

Awesome app! One request: Anyway to get rid of the "amount, measure, and department" fields? The calendar function is also unnecessary, but tolerable. Basically, I think it'd be nice to just have a simple to-do list without having to put in "amount, measure, and dept." Those fields tend to cut-off items that may have longer characters on the main list window, which is annoying.

For example, currently, in my "Holidays To-Do" list, I inputted the following items:

-"Holiday Party: send evite"
-"Holiday Party: buy alcohol"
-"Holiday Party: decorations"

But on the main list, I only see the following:

-"Holiday Party:...1 "

As you can see, it's hard to determine which item it is because the rest of the item's name is getting cut-off by the "amount/measure/dept" fields.

Please help!

Thanks.
Tom
Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #182
Daughain
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Props for an excellent app.

A side note, when I tried the OTA, I got an invalid error (907), looking at the details, it says the dl is a .zip file.

PS; the bouncing blackberry is hilarious.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #183
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Fantastic app! Love the minimalist interface coupled with all the functionality. I use it all the time.

I love being able to create a list and add things as they pop into my head. By Saturday I have a week's worth of ideas organized for a single trip to the market. Beats the heck out of a paper list!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #184
sexygyrl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Fantastic app! Love the minimalist interface coupled with all the functionality. I use it all the time.

I love being able to create a list and add things as they pop into my head. By Saturday I have a week's worth of ideas organized for a single trip to the market. Beats the heck out of a paper list!

After some playing around (and probably gonna be late for work, but I keep forgetting to go to the store on the way home), I have finally figured out that in order to change the date/time, I have to hit the letter/number of what I want it to change to...the menu key or trackball isn't an option like it was on the Curve. I am SO in love with this app!!

TIA

Last edited by sexygyrl; 12-18-2009 at 07:11 AM..
Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #185
creakinator

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile
Default Awesome Program

Ted,

This is absolutely an awesome program. I wanted an easy to do list that I could put my shopping list and other to do as they come up. Your program does exactly what I need.

Now I can have "Pantry LIst" which list every thing my mom and I use over a mont. I can check my pantry and cupboards against the list in my BB to see what I need, mark this on the list, copy to a new list and go shopping! I have the items categorized by store as I buy certain things at certain stores. Now when I'm at Costco I can sort the list by stores and see what I normally buy there and get it. No more forgetting things!

Thank you.

Christy
Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #186
Bobobrazil

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t
Default Does this app exist anymore?

I have been looking for almost an hour and can't find a link that works for this app. Even the home page doesn't work. Any idea's?

Thanks,
Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #187
riffraff75

Model: 8330
PIN: PAL
Default Check post #165 by TedRex

If you go to post #165, Tedrex attached a zip file of MaraTick. Download it to your computer, unzip it and put the MaraTick_Local folder on your memory card for your phone. Open the Media app (the one you go to view your ringers, music, photos, etc.), and hit the "blackberry" button and select Explore. Select your media card and find the folder that is labled "MaraTick_Local" and click on th MaraTick.jad file. You should see the screen that you get when you are installing OTA and select download. This is the way that I installed it and it worked for me.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #188
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffraff75 View Post
If you go to post #165, Tedrex attached a zip file of MaraTick. Download it to your computer, unzip it and put the MaraTick_Local folder on your memory card for your phone. Open the Media app (the one you go to view your ringers, music, photos, etc.), and hit the "blackberry" button and select Explore. Select your media card and find the folder that is labled "MaraTick_Local" and click on th MaraTick.jad file. You should see the screen that you get when you are installing OTA and select download. This is the way that I installed it and it worked for me.
Ok, I just did that and it did work.
My question now is can I delete the MaraTick folder now that the app is installed. I just don't want stuff in my phone that I don't need and is taking up memory space that I can use otherwise.

Kamau
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #189
riffraff75

PIN: PAL
Default MaraTick folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau View Post
Ok, I just did that and it did work.
My question now is can I delete the MaraTick folder now that the app is installed. I just don't want stuff in my phone that I don't need and is taking up memory space that I can use otherwise.
You can delete it if you want to. I myself kept the folder on the media card as a back up in case something happens to my phones memory. I also have a copy of the folder saved on my desktop. Just make sure it is not saved on your phones internal memory since it will take up valuable space. It looks like the developer is no longer updating his program so, this thread and your folder is the only way to get a copy of the last version of this program. It's your call!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #190
Bobobrazil

Thanks riffraff, worked great
Old 03-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #191
TroutGrrrl

Carrier: Credo/Sprint
Default Edit MaraTick dictionaries?

Does anybody know if the autocomplete dictionaries in MaraTick can be edited? I've got some misspelled ones in there that bug me.....
Old 03-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #192
nimocone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I can't find a way other than highlighting the word and alt-e to edit the entry.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #193
arieltf

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

That doesn't work. The misspelled word is still entered. For example, the word "potato" is entered as "potatoe", a la Dan Quayle, and remains there using the Alt+E method.

It annoys the heck out of me, too. I want to get rid of it.

--Ariel
Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #194
johnling

PIN: Cushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieltf View Post
That doesn't work. The misspelled word is still entered. For example, the word "potato" is entered as "potatoe", a la Dan Quayle, and remains there using the Alt+E method.

It annoys the heck out of me, too. I want to get rid of it.

--Ariel
Ignore the suggestion and enter in Potato, continue with dept and quantity fields and save it in a list. The word is now a correct option forever. You can delete the list.

9700, 8520 & Pearl -T-Mobile
Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #195
arieltf

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnling View Post
Ignore the suggestion and enter in Potato, continue with dept and quantity fields and save it in a list. The word is now a correct option forever. You can delete the list.
It sort of worked. I couldn't find a way to continue to the Quantity and Department fields. Clicking on the trackball kept entering it as "potatoe". I finally clicked on the Enter key after entering "potato" and it completed that item entry (no quantity or department). Now "potato" is on the list.

I still would like to edit the list. It still bothers me to see "potatoe" in there.

Thanks for the help.

--Ariel
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #196
karmalg

I just downloaded this app and love it so far! Thank you so much.

I have a question...someone posted here that they had a 'master' pantry list and when they were out of an item checked it on the list and then copied those items to a new list. I cannot see how to do this. It would be a great tool to have a new list generated from JUST the items on a master list. Anybody know how to do this?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #197
deezle157

Carrier: Verizon
Default BB Storm 9550

I used this Maratick on my curve with great success, however, I can't get it on run on my new bb storm. It install okay, but I can't start a list or add items at all. Anyone else have these problems?

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #198
*Ollin*
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
Carrier: Vodafone prepaid for BB

Wow, looks nice so far everything i've read... as i am an old palm user and now with BB i am looking for similar apps that i had then... this one seems really nice... i just have a few questions:

In which page do you get the latest app?... in the original site?, because there i haven't been able to see the version of it...

Thanks Ted, if you still read this, and thanks to all for their comments on it, very helpful to me as well
Old 09-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #199
*Ollin*
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
Carrier: Vodafone prepaid for BB

Well i just installed this app, i really needed it, i used to have something like this in my palm and i loved it... i don't like making paper list and even when i use the notepad from the blackberry i find it a bit annoying to not have the extra options...

I don't know if Ted is still around, but well, thanks a lot!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #200
johnling

PIN: Cushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ollin* View Post
Well i just installed this app, i really needed it, i used to have something like this in my palm and i loved it... i don't like making paper list and even when i use the notepad from the blackberry i find it a bit annoying to not have the extra options...

I don't know if Ted is still around, but well, thanks a lot!
It's one of my favorite most used apps.

9700, 8520 & Pearl -T-Mobile
Closed Thread