BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
jgossman

Model: 8700
Default 8700g and PocketMac 3.13 issue

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all...

I know there are alot of posts here regarding PocketMac, but I haven't seen any regarding my problem specifically, so here we go...

I'm trying to sync my 8700g primarily with Address Book using PM 3.13. Initially the address blew over a few entries on my handheld, even though they were more recent - but my main problems are:

1) After several attempts, I still can't get e-mail addresses to sync from Address Book to my BB. The contact names were transfered, but not a songle e-mail address.

2) If I have an entry in Address Book that only contains a Company name and phone number (no first and last name) then only the Company name is carried over to my BB, no phone number.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

Regards.

G4 dual 867
OS 10.3.9
Old 09-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgossman
Hello all...

I know there are alot of posts here regarding PocketMac, but I haven't seen any regarding my problem specifically, so here we go...

I'm trying to sync my 8700g primarily with Address Book using PM 3.13. Initially the address blew over a few entries on my handheld, even though they were more recent - but my main problems are:

1) After several attempts, I still can't get e-mail addresses to sync from Address Book to my BB. The contact names were transfered, but not a songle e-mail address.

2) If I have an entry in Address Book that only contains a Company name and phone number (no first and last name) then only the Company name is carried over to my BB, no phone number.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

Regards.

G4 dual 867
OS 10.3.9
I sync a PB G4 running OS 10.4.7 using PM 3.13 and a BB 8700g with few issues, but here is what I would suggest. Start with your Blackberry and create a contact on the Blackberry (Name, address, phone, email) and then sync the file. You will then see where Pocketmac wants to put things...you will also be disappointed I'm guessing. I sync with Entourage 11.2.5 and I use Sync Services (in the Preference of Entourage) to automatically update my OSX address book and iCal. Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
jgossman

Model: 8700
Default Thanks wclyffe....

... I tried your suggestion and made a test contact on my handheld, then ran PocketMac to see where it put everything. You were right... I was disappointed. PM likes to place the e-mails from my BB in the "work" e-mail field of the Address Book contact card... that entry isn't even included in my card template! As a quick fix, I went through all of my Address Book entries and manually changed the "e-mail" heading to "work". I re-synched with PocketMac and now the e-mail addresses show up properly labeled "e-mail" on my Blackberry. It's less than ideal, but at least now I have my addresses... pretty handy considering I bought the thing to be able to e-mail people.

I updated my OS to Tiger, but that had no effect on the sync issues. I think my next step is to give Entourage a shot - most of the people here who sync successfully seem to be using that with PocketMac.

Best,

JG
Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #4
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow You're welcome

Sounds like you are at least operating now. Yes, I sync with Entourage and let it update the Address Book and iCal apps via Sync Services which is built into Entourage. Its a lot less messy that what Pocketmac tries to do to the Address Book!! Hopefully, the new version of Pocketmac will address these issues, including a completely bad sync relationship to Tasks, but I would not hold my breath!
Closed Thread