Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
pnico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default pdf on the storm

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone here managed to successfully transfer .pdf files on the storm for viewing?

Im taking a distance learning course online for personal fitness training and I have the text book in a .pdf format and I was going to put it on my storm by emailing it to myself. Turns out it is too large, so im not sure how to go about doing that.
VZW tells me it isnt possible..I dont see why..if I can install movies on my storm, I should certainly be able to install a lousy 30 mb pdf!

Also, what software do I use to get movies on here?

Thank you
Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

I get work bulletins in .pdf format. Occasionally I get error messages when trying to view one but I try again and it opens.

Is it possible you have a movie stored and you are near capacity? Maybe a bigger memory card might solve your problem.

Verizon 9530
Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Lightbulb

Spend a few bucks and upgrade Documents to Go (which comes standard on the Storm and is found in the Applications folder. When you upgrade, you get PDF to Go which works beautifully. I use it all the time. For the record, there are other PDF viewer programs which are also good. One way or the other, you have to spend some bucks. If it is for work, then it is a legitimate expense either for your company or your tax return.

One word of warning: If your work involves anything that is sensitive (you can't let anyone outside the company see it), make sure that theprogram you get does not send the PDf off to a server for processing. I can verify that Documents To Go does all its work on the Storm. No servers involved. I have not checked any other programs. 73
Old 01-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
credo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Wirelessly posted

I second DOCS TO GO for PDF.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
wahoo5

Model: Storm

I hope Docs to to Go is less buggy on the Storm than on the Treo. After repeated crashes and reinstalls over a long period of time, I finally uninstalled it from my Treo. I had very few problems after that. For software that is relatively expensive and has an annual expensive update, it should be much more reliable than it is (at least on a Treo).
Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I Third Docs to Go!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
mjcif

i don't have documents to go in the app folder. How do I get it?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
taichi

Repligo reader is the best one so far. I have tested on BeamReader, and PDF from docs to go. These can't compete with Repligo. But it's little pricy
Old 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
Nickster248
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: 2333C6FD
Carrier: Telus
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi View Post
Repligo reader is the best one so far. I have tested on BeamReader, and PDF from docs to go. These can't compete with Repligo. But it's little pricy
I too tested PDF to Go, BeamReader and Repligo, and decided Repligo beat the others hands down in terms of how it displays the PDF Files. It is well worth the extra cost if you are receiving multiple work related PDF Files.

BB PIN: 2333C6FD on a Torch 9800
Old 02-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
dmarks83

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnico View Post
Has anyone here managed to successfully transfer .pdf files on the storm for viewing?

Im taking a distance learning course online for personal fitness training and I have the text book in a .pdf format and I was going to put it on my storm by emailing it to myself. Turns out it is too large, so im not sure how to go about doing that.
VZW tells me it isnt possible..I dont see why..if I can install movies on my storm, I should certainly be able to install a lousy 30 mb pdf!

Also, what software do I use to get movies on here?

Thank you
You might want to try out Repligo Reader for reading your pdf's and ebooks
Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
D322

Default Mobipocket Reader

I guess because I'm new I can't link to my other post (yet). But here it is copied from the other thread for you Storm users:

I was also looking for a free PDF viewer. I couldn't find one either at first, and I was frustrated that a) there isn't one already built into my BB; b) nobody offered a free one. After much searching, I finally found a solution that seems to do the trick: Mobipocket Reader. Works great so far; and it's free.

Go to the website (mobipocket.com) on your computer and download (& install) the Mobipocket Reader program onto your PC. Then, go to the website again on your BB, and install the Mobipocket Reader application there too. Connect your BB to your computer, and run the Mobipocket Reader program from your PC. The program will detect and connect to your BB.

Next, use the Import function to import PDF files from your computer onto your BB [other file types can also be imported too]. Once you have all of your files loaded, disconnect your BB, run the Mobireader app on your BB and enjoy!

Hope that helped...
Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
bhagwandaslpl@dataone.in

Model: 8100
Carrier: HUtch

u can email the pdf files to your blackberry id
then docs to go opens them
cheers
Closed Thread