Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36
I took advantage of the ability to reset my trial period to check out this new release.

I had a couple of questions, which were promptly answered by John J at Rex Wireless. His outstanding support was the tipping point to purchase the silver matrix package - he even sent an e-mail to me to alert me that a fix had been posted for a minor issue I came across. Since he earlier told me it was going to be posted later that day when I asked the question, I did not expect a follow up e-mail to tell me it was posted.

Stinsonddog's review also went a long way (so I'm blaming Rex support , and you Stinsonddog, if my finance minster (AKA wife) sees the transaction on the bank account)

Don
Tell her I will kiss it and make it feel better
Old 02-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #22
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprib
The new injection stuff for tagging emails and phone calls for followup reminders and next actions is excellent. However, does anyone have good info on when the rumored 5-d version will be out and what it will do exactly? Rex support was quick on replying to me but didn't give up much on details or est availability. I wonder if anyone else has received a better detailed answer.

Is anyone beta testing this ver yet?
From speaking with them on doing the reviews it's a priority, but I don't know the date. So long as they make it simple for someone to get going, they can layer in all this complexity. They have lots a great shorcuts. As I have told them my vote is for user preferences before 5D, and I would like to see them use the detailed view screen as the edit screen by using ALT-scroll. Even if you have to push E for edit first. They have been very receptive to my simplicity suggests. That latter one is harder for some reason. User prefs would also make it easier. For example, one I would use Set Alert 1=Same as Due Date
Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #23
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Tell her I will kiss it and make it feel better
LOL - yes, I'll do that
Old 02-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36
LOL - yes, I'll do that
Good sense of humor. Sometimes I get out of hand.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #25
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c

Quote:
Good sense of humor. Sometimes I get out of hand.
I need a sense of humor. I came from the Window Mobile platform where a lack of a sense of humor will drive one insane.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #26
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Default Triggering events on Todo Matrix or Idea Matrix

Quote:
I put some real basics up tonight. This one is going to be like the GPS page and take a bit. There are so many options. Lots of screenshots to do.
Can you elaborate more on the functionality of "automatically triggering events" using the new SI-1 integration format. Also is an updated help section on the new features anywhere on the REXdesktop or home web site??

thanks for the reply!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:41 PM   #27
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Can you elaborate more on the functionality of "automatically triggering events" using the new SI-1 integration format. Also is an updated help section on the new features anywhere on the REXdesktop or home web site??

thanks for the reply!
Possibly covered on my review page- not exactly sure what you need to know. You can inject from other apps into the todoMatrix and then set the three levels of alerts plus delegation to another. Take a look and then let me know what's not clear and I will answer and update the page. Thanks
Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #28
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default Update to todoMatrix and ideaMatrix documentation

Quote:

thanks for the reply!
A new cut of our documentation will be posted by the end of the month and will include the changes for "injecting" from BlackBerry e-mail, phonelog, address book, etc, as well as the new folder jump / move note to folder functions. Sorry that our code jumped ahead of the documentation by a month or so.

Check REXwireless.com/support (REXwireless Documentation Link) around March 1st.

--the REXguys
Old 02-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #29
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Todo Matrix triggering events!!

Quote:
I put some real basics up tonight. This one is going to be like the GPS page and take a bit. There are so many options. Lots of screenshots to do.
These are the words that got my attention from your post which REXguys posted as well "The second important piece of the SI-1 release is that they enhanced todoMatrix's and ideaMatrix's ability to trigger events such as instantly dialing a phone number, sending an email, or visiting a URL with a browser from the view-mode screens". I did speak to the REX guys and they are saying I may have read too much into this. I thought there was some special functionality ADDED to do this with.

Last edited by ron.pepper@sympatico.ca; 02-18-2007 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #30
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
These are the words that got my attention from your post which REXguys posted as well "The second important piece of the SI-1 release is that they enhanced todoMatrix's and ideaMatrix's ability to trigger events such as instantly dialing a phone number, sending an email, or visiting a URL with a browser from the view-mode screens". I did speak to the REX guys and they are saying I may have read too much into this. I thought there was some special functionality ADDED to do this with.

Well in a way there is. You can do these things from the sepecific todo which IMO is a huge time saver. What it does is connect the other parts of the BB. We take it for granted but its a real key.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:48 AM   #31
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Hi Ron,

We misunderstood your support question. In the past, our software didn't do a good job of enabling dialing, e-mailing, or browser hyperlinking directly from our software. This quote highlighted that the SI version enhanced the apps with menu click to dial, e-mail, and browse. This capability is very important in our eyes and had been asked for by lots of users. Sorry for the confusion.

--the REXguys
Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 AM   #32
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c

Glad to see you guys are still going strong. I used todoMatrix and ideaMatrix a while back and loved it. Sadly had to give up the BB, but I still highly recommend this application. A definate must have for anyone serious about staying organized. Take it from the Blackberryforums Gecko, you need this if you don't already have it.

Gecko
Old 02-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #33
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Todo Matrix triggering events!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys
Hi Ron,

We misunderstood your support question. In the past, our software didn't do a good job of enabling dialing, e-mailing, or browser hyperlinking directly from our software. This quote highlighted that the SI version enhanced the apps with menu click to dial, e-mail, and browse. This capability is very important in our eyes and had been asked for by lots of users. Sorry for the confusion.

--the REXguys
Thanks Stinsondog and REXguys for the clarifications. Just to confirm my understanding of what I did not catch is that you can now insert a phone number in an injection and would be able to dial that number, or an email address if inserted, by one clicking it with the wheel when the alert pops up form either TODO or IDEA rather than having to go back to the address book to dial or email. Sounds like this may not have worked in the past and clearly it does now because I have tried the phone number example and it rocks!!

Guys I really love this product keep up the good work and the outstanding responsiveness. I mean how many companies respond on week ends?? REXwireless does!!

Last edited by ron.pepper@sympatico.ca; 02-20-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #34
JaketheDog

Model: 8100c
Carrier: cingular
Default Program hangs after todomatrix alert

I have been using todo and idea matrix for the past few weeks on my 8700c wthout any problems. Just bought a 8800c a few days ago, now the program and everything else freezes up when I respond (dismiss or snooze) to a todomatrix alert pop up box. Has anybody out there had similar problems ? or can the rexguys help ? Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #35
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Please e-mail REXwireless support so that we can open an incident and track down the issue. REXwireless support email is support.center at rexwireless.com.

Thanks!

--the REXguys
Old 02-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #36
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

As an FYI, version 2007.02.15.42 (4.2 OS) and 2007.02.15.40 (4.0 OS) have been posted for download with some misc corrections including the alert pop-up issue on BlackBerry 8800 units reported above.

Thanks,

--the REXguys
Closed Thread