BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
yg17
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Force BIS to use IMAP or Exchange?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to add my university e-mail account to BIS on T-Mobile's website. Their auto configuration thing chooses POP as the protocol to use. For some reason, IT has it setup where POP will remove e-mails from the server no matter what the client settings are. Obviously, I do not want this, so T-Mo's configuration will not work. Is there a way to force it to use either IMAP or Exchange? Or am I better off just setting up Outlook to forward everything to my blackberry.net email address? Thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
I'm trying to add my university e-mail account to BIS on T-Mobile's website. Their auto configuration thing chooses POP as the protocol to use. For some reason, IT has it setup where POP will remove e-mails from the server no matter what the client settings are. Obviously, I do not want this, so T-Mo's configuration will not work. Is there a way to force it to use either IMAP or Exchange? Or am I better off just setting up Outlook to forward everything to my blackberry.net email address? Thanks
When you configure your BIS account for that email address, type in the wrong account password. The next screen will permit you to choose how to configure the account. From there you can choose OWA or IMAP.
Closed Thread