Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweevel
The quickkeys don't work on a 7100i, "Q" "C"

PLEASE tell me you read the first post. that is why you came here.

MarkyBerryUtils

Free software recently written by me, for my own use and inspired by BlackBerryForums users. Enjoy!

Important note: To enable hotkeys, turn off "Dial From Home Screen" setting in Phone->Options. (You can press the phone hotkey before dialing, anyway). Hotkeys do not work on 71XX series , so you have to manually launch via icon. However, hotkeys works from PocketDay as an assigned key if you need hotkeys on the 71XX series.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #42
MadMax
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
PIN: 32AAAB28
Carrier: Verizon
Default QuickCompose

Hey Mark...two things. First, about your comment about typing stuff to show hearies...a friend of mine went into a Subway and typed out her order on her SideKick and showed it to the clerk. The clerk took the sk and promptly dropped it into a pan of water! (Wonder if it was an editorial comment?) To add insult to injury, they made her pay for her sandwich too!

Anyway, the other question I have is when I do quickcompose, it goes into "SMS" mode. Is there a way to make it do regular email instead of SMS?

Max
Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 AM   #43
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Default Quick Note flashlight

Hello Mark,
Quick Note is a great app. Thanks!
I found another use for it, a "flashlight". Because it's an all white screen it's a lot brighter than my picture background.
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to put an option for screen brightness? Sure I could just hit the brightness button on top, but if this could be done with one quick hit of the Q, all the better.
Again, thanks for all the great work.

Last edited by celcius; 03-05-2006 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: Added title
Old 03-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #44
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Hey Mark...two things. First, about your comment about typing stuff to show hearies...a friend of mine went into a Subway and typed out her order on her SideKick and showed it to the clerk. The clerk took the sk and promptly dropped it into a pan of water!
For reasons like these, I almost never give the BlackBerry to the cashier. I use QuickNote at large font sizes so that they can read the text while I am holding the unit.

Also, to repair a water-damaged device, immediately remove the battery quickly (this can be critical, resist the temptation to test the unit) and let the unit dry for 72 hours (preferably under a lamp, but inside a car on a hot sunny day does speed things up somewhat). That usually fixes things up. Testing a still-wet device with electricity (battery) is more likely to damage it, so it is important to remove the battery immediately; the water doesn't do immediate damage like electricity+water short circuits.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 03-05-2006 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #45
Nextel User

Model: 8220

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
Hello Mark,
Quick Note is a great app. Thanks!
I found another use for it, a "flashlight". Because it's an all white screen it's a lot brighter than my picture background.
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to put an option for screen brightness? Sure I could just hit the brightness button on top, but if this could be done with one quick hit of the Q, all the better.
Again, thanks for all the great work.
i use it for the same feature every night when i lock up my house. i climbb the stairs with quicknote active. on the 7100i you hit the power button on the top and it gets brighter.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #46
Aldazar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 1010

First of all, thanks for providing these apps, they're really handy!

Secondly, I have a few suggestions for you, as well as a question. It would be nice to have a similar shortcut to create a new task, and also one for a new text messge/SMS. Also, it would be nice to have all three shortcuts integrated into one file/program to be installed.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #47
BB Junkie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Q shortcut key on QuickNote wont work anymore and if you installed Enterprise Messenger for BES 4.1. Enterprise Messenger uses Q shortcut key now. Is there a way we can customize the shortcut key for quicknote on next update?
Old 03-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #48
blake.blake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmobile

mark, the one thing i miss on my os 4.1 is this combo of keys,

from the home screen hitting SPACE and it takes you into your phone. When it takes you into your phone it automatically goes into the bottom part (recent calls, this part is ok), but previously when your there you could type a name of a contact right there and go.

so basically SPACE then TYPE A NAME and hit send.

YES i know you can hit the phone key to get to the phone option but i miss the old short cuts.

Any ideas???

PSSSSSS thanks a TON for the C key. I missed that like crazy. SHORTCUTS RULE
Old 05-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #49
GigEm

Model: 8800
Carrier: att (Cingular)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldazar
First of all, thanks for providing these apps, they're really handy!

Secondly, I have a few suggestions for you, as well as a question. It would be nice to have a similar shortcut to create a new task, and also one for a new text messge/SMS. Also, it would be nice to have all three shortcuts integrated into one file/program to be installed.

Thanks!
Mark - thank you for sharing these great programs, they're really handy! I second this poster's request for a similar shortcut for a new task - is this something you'd consider putting together? Thank you very much!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #50
GeoMan

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

So I'm using the Smoothie theme, and successfully downloaded the two apps. You said, "Tap the key quick, not hold the key down (holding key down automatically does a Speed Dial). Plus, if you are using the Cingular theme, switch to the Applications folder or switch to a different theme. Once the Quick Compose icon is visible, you should be able to tap the "C" key."

But even with the icon on my home screen, touching the C only activates the first number for the phone. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #51
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Make sure that Dial from Home screen is set to No on the general options of the options menu in your phone application.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 06-10-2006, 01:42 AM   #52
nycts

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
For reasons like these, I almost never give the BlackBerry to the cashier. I use QuickNote at large font sizes so that they can read the text while I am holding the unit.

Also, to repair a water-damaged device, immediately remove the battery quickly (this can be critical, resist the temptation to test the unit) and let the unit dry for 72 hours (preferably under a lamp, but inside a car on a hot sunny day does speed things up somewhat). That usually fixes things up. Testing a still-wet device with electricity (battery) is more likely to damage it, so it is important to remove the battery immediately; the water doesn't do immediate damage like electricity+water short circuits.
Awesome tips and apps. MARK U ARE THE MAN!!

I've been trying set up a hotkey, before I continue to search like a nutcase, let me ask the pros if what I want to do is possible.

I would like to set up the side convienence key to act as the "ALT" key for the purpose of being able to vertically scroll the home page menu with ONE HAND ???

Would be a nice little trick,imho

Thanks in advance

(By the way, Im a total BB newbie just got my 8700g and I diving head first into customizing my bb. Great device, great board...thanks again.)
Old 06-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #53
absoludely

wow maybe i am just blind but i have the 8700g, and have been trying multiple themes (zen, wave list, etc) to try to find the option to turn off the Dial From Home Screen option but cannot find it anywhere??? am i just missing something completely here? any help would be appreciated as i'd love to get the quickcompose shortcut to work. thanks!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #54
allenranger2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoludely
wow maybe i am just blind but i have the 8700g, and have been trying multiple themes (zen, wave list, etc) to try to find the option to turn off the Dial From Home Screen option but cannot find it anywhere??? am i just missing something completely here? any help would be appreciated as i'd love to get the quickcompose shortcut to work. thanks!
Go into the Phone Log (phone icon) and click the wheel, then go to options. Click into General Options and you will see "Dial from Home Screen" there.

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #55
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Awesome tool. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #56
Stew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Default Shortcut for sending an email?

How difficult is it to write a short cut to send an email without using the trackwheel?
Old 09-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #57
politemusic

HI,
I'm trying to direct my BB 8700c to the links for both QuickCompose and QuickNote, but in Opera or the built-in browser, the pages just show up as text and there is no download link. I tried to search to see if this was covered, but I couldn't find the information I needed. Any tips on this?
Thanks,
Justin
Old 09-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #58
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I am new. How do I download and use QuickCompose? I went to Go to... and typed url and clicked trackwheel and OK. Got about 15 lines. Now what?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #59
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Cart
I am new. How do I download and use QuickCompose? I went to Go to... and typed url and clicked trackwheel and OK. Got about 15 lines. Now what?
Sorry -- this is a fault on my end.

Mark Rejhon - aka Marky - Home Page of Mark D. Rejhon got switched to GoDaddy hosting service (Cheap stuff; about $60 prepaid for 24 months of web hosting service). Apparently, it doesn't have the necessary MIMEtypes, I'll look into contacting them to get those added.

Failing that, I'll relocate them somewhere else like my ISP's free web space, which has the appropriate MIMEtypes for .jad files.

For now, install the BlackBerry Desktop version.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 09-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #60
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Hi Mark,

You said for now, install the BlackBerry Desktop version. What do you mean by that? I just upgraded from ver 4.0 to 4.1 on my BB 7250, and I don't want to go through all that again.

By the way and FYI, I am deaf, too.
Closed Thread