Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #21
jr39
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5B View Post
Has anyone had better luck? What did you do?
I have given up on Time Matters. I'm using Airtime Manager's A4P application on my BB to log my time. Switched to Mac, using built-in PIM apps w/ Snerdware's Groupcal/AddressX and hosted BES. It isn't perfect, but it works.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #22
doug5B

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Synch Troubles 2

After 4 hours of customer service hell -- Verizon to Time Matters to Blackberry to Verizon x 3 -- I was informed that Time Matters Version 7.0 does not work with the newer Blackberry phones BUT if I upgraded to 9.0 for about $600 it would. (Wish someone had told me that when I was looking at phones.) I figured out an imperfect work-around. I synchronized Time Matters with Outlook then synchronized Outlook with my Blackberry 8830. Actually, the Outlook synch appears much better on my Blackberry. All the data fields don't transfer through this process (i.e., matter description and number), which mostly affects the calendar in Outlook on the Blackberry, but the contact and to-do information is all transferring nicely, which was what I wanted most.

If anyone is scoring technical service providers at home:
Verizon: really, really, really SUCKS
Time Matters: SUCKS
Blackberry: were polite and helpful; I actually believed they felt my pain
Can we go back to IBM selectrics?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #23
knipknup

I work in a firm currently running Time Matters with Outlook and 20 Blackberry 8830 devices. I am not optimistic that Time Matters 9 will sync with BB because most of their prior "promises" with new version releases have not been as they say. Outlook to BB syncing works with very little issues. Along that line, we have found that the whole process works a lot better when originating in Outlook and then TM Connecting. The Matter Information from TM still does not appear on the BB but it does appear in Outlook. The process is very similar to profiling documents in Time Matters and eliminates the need for BB users to run the sync from Time Matters to Outlook. Plus, there are far fewer issues with duplicates and wrong information doing it this way as the syncing process from TM to Outlook has problems especially with multiple entires in the staff field.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #24
knipknup

Just read a couple of earlier posts and now responding - we used the TM to Outlook syncing to fully populate Outlook for all platforms (Contacts, Tasks, Calendar). To get around the primary in the staff field issue with Contacts, we ran exports from TM where the BB users were in the staff field and imported to the Contacts Folder in Outlook. Tasks and Calendar we went two weeks in the past and six months in the future. The TM information (Matter number, etc) did not transfer. However, with new entires, again made in Outlook and then TM connected the TM information does populate. We are on BES so everything is pushing back and forth. If not using BES, email should work fine. I would suggest using the same process to import the info to Outlook and then use the BB desktop software to manage tasks, calendars and Contacts. This syncing process is not wireless (though there are 3rd party software options), but works nicely. If the entires are originating in Outlook and then TM connected, TM is going to stay current and then the information will transfer to the BB.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #25
57 MGA

Default BB Tech Support is a waste!!

Doug 5B has it right! To call TM Tech Support is the greatest waste of my time I have ever encounterred. Why don't they just say it does not work. I upgraded my TM version after being assured by TM tech support that if I purchased my BB 8830 the synch would work. Wrong! Now they just dance me around and are trying to force me to buy a support contract to fix a problem which they cannot fix! What a joke! Good luck!!!

Last edited by 57 MGA; 11-22-2007 at 10:16 AM..
Old 11-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #26
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88
I've not heard of this. Do you have more details?
It's a case management program, mostly for attorneys - the best there is.

www.timematters.com
Thanks!

This is definitely gonna help me with some of my customers!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #27
jrocker

Model: 8800
Default Time Matters 8 and Syncing with a BlackBerry

I am going to make this happen today, I will report back with any issues and my how to.

Rock
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #28
jrocker

Default Time Matters 8 and Syncing with a BlackBerry

I did not have any success sync'in directly from Time Matters to the BB. I did however sync TM8 > Outlook 2007 > BB. Works the best. If anyone wants my doc, let me know.

Rock
Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #29
TonyMobile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: ball Wizard
Carrier: AT&T

OK, I'm impressed. I use TM and would love to have it sync with BB - I had not even thought of this before! Fantastic idea.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #30
christinaperrone

Model: 8300
Default Doc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocker View Post
I did not have any success sync'in directly from Time Matters to the BB. I did however sync TM8 > Outlook 2007 > BB. Works the best. If anyone wants my doc, let me know.

Rock
I would like to have the document you reference which may help me since my Time Matters to Outlook and to my BB. Can you email it? [email address]
Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #31
tfitzgib

Carrier: att
Default Time Matters

I have been syncing Time Matters and with my BB for a couple of years on two different BBs. It actually worked better on my old one but with my 8800 it is very, very slow with the calendar, but the contacts work great. I remember I had trouble setting it up but was finally able to do it by transferring stuff from my old BB to my new one. It can be done, but I wish the calendar was much faster.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #32
ejc

Model: none
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Default Considering upgrade.

First, I have been a TM user since version 3 or 4. TM is a very powerful program, but since the purchase of the program by lexis/nexus support has been consistenly bad. Their advice is to always upgrade, but the upgrade never sovles the problem. Anyway...

I have used a Palm phone before, which synced quickly with TM without any meaningful fields. I have a Axim x51v (windows m5), which syncs through pocket outlook, but again without field detail. I am considering trying a mobile6 phone or a Blackberry, but see that TM seems to have the same problems with the BB. Any suggestions, particulary from attorneys?

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #33
mdhorton

Default Problems Syncing to Outlook

We are trying to sync a BB 8830 to Time Matters v7 using the sync to Outlook, but the syncing process from Time Matters to Outlook deletes all the Time Matters events. Has any one had this problem?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #34
gr8fuldan

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

would love this doc. Can't get my events into outlook
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #35
hafez

Model: 8707v
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:

Rock
I'd be very grateful if you could let me have your doc on how to sync TM8 > Outlook 2007 > BB. For some reason, this site's administrators will not allow me to post my email address. But I will keep checking back for answers. Many thanks and all best wishes, Karim
Old 02-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
jcpic

Model: 8320
Default TM > Oulook > BB document?

[QUOTE=christinaperrone;895507]I would like to have the document you reference which may help me since my Time Matters to Outlook and to my BB. Can you email it?

I would also love to get a copy of that doc.
I also can't directly post my email address but it's "jennifer" at "picernoassociates.com"

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #37
jeenie

Model: 8820
Default Blackberry Time Matters Sync

I have had some success with Synching my Blackberry 8820 with Time Matters. I could not get the Synch to work at all. I called Time Matters Tech Support. Unhelpful as usual, wanted $350 for a one year service contract to talk to me. But, the tech did mention the operating system might be the problem. So, I updated my Blackberry Operating System to 4.5. That worked. Some hints, you have to activate the Synch on your Blackberry in Options. The only thing I cannot get to Synch in both directions is my calendar. The contacts and matters Synched fine. And, oddly enough, if I put an event on my Blackberry (on the time Matters Event application, not on my Blackberry Calendar), it will synch to Time Matters but Synch does not work in the other direction, at least I have not succeeded with that yet. I really wanted to avoid the two step process of using Outlook. If anyone has succeeded in the whole Calendar Synch without using Outlook, please share.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #38
fazthegreat

Model: 8110
Carrier: att

Anyone know if it can be used with a Pearl?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #39
senderton

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

Rock
I would love to see how to make TM work. You should post it here so we can all see it.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #40
Matt Stone

Carrier: Bell Canada
Default Time Matters

Reading some of these posts they are dated. The current release of Time Matters (at this time 9 SR3b) works with the BES and hosted Exchange. I use mailstreet.net to sync Time Matters to Exchange to my BB and a Palm Pre through active sync.
There is a separate Time Matters to Blackberry sync that is OTA but... I opt for the Exchange sync. Easy to set up but you need to watch the log files to ensure everything is working.

Matt
Closed Thread