Old 02-11-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
ckinglam
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation BT + Stereo Gateway + TeleNav

Please Login to Remove!

Alright let me try to make this as simply/clear as I can

I just got the 2 BB Bluetooth Stereo Gateway. One to be set up on my sound system. This will allow me to stream music directly from my BB. The second one, I am planning to set up in my car via AUX in so that I can do the same thing.

Here is what I thought, tried and ALMOST succeed...

Objective: Use BB Stereo Gateway to connect TeleNav which would stream the navigation over the car's sound system.

Trial 1: If I open TeleNav as an application first and attempt to connect to Bluetooth during navigation by pressing the "$" key, it will give me an error message that says "To play audio through a Bluetooth headset, please ensure the headset is paried with the device and is powered on". This is still the case even though my Bluetooth icon shows connected.

Trial 2: If I start up BB Media Player FIRST while BT Gateway is connected and play a song so the music is streaming via BT. THEN I exit to home screen and INITIATES TeleNav (keep in mind that TeleNav is NOT running in the background already) Magically, it will play the sound via the BT Gateway!

Things I know already:
* I know I can connect it to my BT Headset, but it creates a lag on my Jawbone which doesn't happen on the BB Stereo Gateway
* I recognize that there are different BT Service List items that are assign to my Jawbone (Hand-Free Unit & Headset) and the Stereo Gateway has simply (Audio Sink) - Could this be the key??
* I thought the possibilities of starting music first go into TeleNav, go back to Media Player, pause the song. While this is not only annoying...it doesn't work. The navigation voice will come out of the BB speakerphone if the music stops.

Here is where I need all of your expertise to figure out this one....I think if this can be figure out, it would dramatically improves the experience of TeleNav (SO THAT I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR IT!)

Can't wait!

Retired: 9700, 9000, 8310, 8300, 8100

Last edited by ckinglam; 02-11-2009 at 03:27 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

I had similar experiences, and have only found success with the Motorola T505, and JayBird stereo headphones. All other configs work primarily with your "Trial 2", which is far from ideal.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
ckinglam
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Great feedback.

Are there any reps from TeleNav on this forum that we can give feedback to? I am not an software expert, but wouldn't the change in the Bluetooth profile allow the connection of the Bluetooth Stereo Gateway?

Retired: 9700, 9000, 8310, 8300, 8100
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
audiofx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

I just purchased the audio gateway for two reasons 1) i use an igo car charger (the tip is too big to charge and have aux cable in at same time) 2) Wires are annoying .

I have a jawbone 2 headset. I can't seem to pick up a call when both the jawbone and the audio gateway are paired. I can make a call then after a few seconds of lag it routes through jawbone (and resumes BT stereo audio when call done). I really need to be able to tap the jawbone to pick up a call. Any ideas?
Closed Thread