Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default why won't google calendar sync?

Please Login to Remove!

i can't get my google sync to work with my calendar entries from my handheld to google. i think i have done everything right. my default calendar is set correctly, all my entries on my BB calendar are set with my default calendar. i also only have 1 google calendar.

in order to make sure that google sync was installed prior to new entries, i erased all my BB calendar entries and reinstalled google sync, then input my entries again and nothing syncs.

my contacts sync'd no problem.

however, if i input my entries on google calendar, they sync to my handheld.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Gradiego

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON

Same Issue...Can't sync from Storm to Google Calendar. Calendar to Storm works fine. I have seen a few people with the same issue, but no suggestions or fixes on any forum.

Do any of you folks have any ideas how to correct this issue?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 AM   #3
AaronGatesCarlton

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default I'm having the same problem with my 8130 Pearl

I downloaded Google Sync to my blackberry and linked it up with Google Calendar. I thought it was a really good idea. Then I downloaded a trial version of Spanning Sync to my Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger in order to sync iCal and Address Book with Google Calendar. All seemed like it should work well, and it does kind of... If I put an appointment on my Blackberry pearl, it slowly makes it's way to Google Calendar, then to iCal and then to my CRM Daylite. But it's not working in the other direction and I'm getting an error message on my blackberry in the Google Sync that says "Another sync client has been adding events to the BlackBerry calendar. To avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date."

That's it. It doesn't give me a choice to change any options or do anything else. So it will send info to Google Calendar, but it won't receive it. GRRRRRRR . I'm so close to making this happen without purchasing a BES. Does anyone know of anything I can do or maybe might be able to help me understand what it's talking about? Thanks xxx63743;

Last edited by AaronGatesCarlton; 02-09-2009 at 02:58 AM..
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
garypip
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

Google Sync will only sync entries from Google Calendar that are entered directly into the Google Calendar from the desktop. Any info synced from another program like outlook to Google calendar will not sync to the BB.

To get it to work, you will have to clear then re-enter all of your data into Google Calendar on the desktop then run Google Sync.

Last edited by garypip; 02-09-2009 at 07:54 AM..
Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

Yeah unfortunately it does not like to force the changes from your blackberry to your google account online. Its buggy, I update the contacts information on my bb and google reads its as brand new entry.

Guys I recommend you try "gcalsync" A free third party app that syncs just the calendar for now.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
brizap

Carrier: verizon

I had an issue with Google Calendar, but figured out what it was. It only showed me a couple of weeks worth of stuff. Whenever I entered stuff in March and April, it did not show. There is a setting under options in Sync "Sync Events for next" it will only show you up to that point. Once I changed it to 24 weeks, i have not had a problem. It runs great for me and my wife. Not sure if this is what you are running into.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
Asin

Carrier: VZW

I'm still having this issue. BB Calendar entires will not upload to Google Calendar.

I've searched for the past 2 days and I can't find a solution. Does anyone have a solution yet?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
PDM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asin View Post
I'm still having this issue. BB Calendar entires will not upload to Google Calendar.

I've searched for the past 2 days and I can't find a solution. Does anyone have a solution yet?
If they are entries created pre-GoogleSync install then they will not get sync'ed.

However, any newly created entries, post install, should sync.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garypip View Post
Google Sync will only sync entries from Google Calendar that are entered directly into the Google Calendar from the desktop. Any info synced from another program like outlook to Google calendar will not sync to the BB.
Not true. I am able to add events in either Outlook or Lightning on the laptop and those will sync to my desktops and BB. Same is ture with the BB, when I add one on the BB, it will sync to GoogleCalendar and then tot he laptop and desktops.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #10
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asin View Post

When I installed to the BB, I didn't have to do anything other than log into Google on the BB. About every 2 weeks I have to log into Google to keep things flowing properly.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
OntMedic

Model: 8320
Carrier: Rogers

Does anyone have any more information on this? Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I am having the same problem and have not yet found a solution.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
pastorbillhoffman

Carrier: Sprint
Default There IS a setting to do this!!

Go to Google Sync... Options...scroll down to "Sync These Calendars" select the calendar you are using, (Default Calendar).the next screen says "ADD NEW HANDHELD EVENTS TO..." Select your calendar save and close.
Mine was NOT selected and there fore was not saving handheld changes to Googl, but now it IS!!!
Closed Thread